Bencher
Absolute agree, I have been thinking of this. He surely could sue for damages and loss of earnings. How could he not? He was proven innocent. I also think nearly 3 years of stand downs for a player who still remains not convicted is wrong. And I mean any club as well.

Reserve Grader
Absolute agree, I have been thinking of this. He surely could sue for damages and loss of earnings. How could he not? He was proven innocent. I also think nearly 3 years of stand downs for a player who still remains not convicted is wrong. And I mean any club as well.
Did anything happen with De belin,he wasn't convicted

First Grader
I see what you mean, but he is still getting paid by manly, so no loss of earnings to sue for. Courts are not very good at quantifying intangibles like the loss of playing time / career development / enjoyment.

Sea Eagle Lach
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Bencher
I do think we can afford to go another season with a makeshift hooker. Froggy did a really good job and exceeded expectations and I would love to see a running hooker with a kicking game on the bench to compliment what Froggy does. The club is to be admired for showing loyalty and support to Fainu and its sad that this court drama drags on and on and there is yet another injury cloud. I think it would be wise to invest in another 9 to add that zip that the top teams have.
Spot on. Croker frequently inspired with his defence and general tightness around the ruck. Bring on a dynamic young ball player to get the passes away to our runners towards the end of the first half, and boo ya!

Spot on. Croker frequently inspired with his defence and general tightness around the ruck. Bring on a dynamic young ball player to get the passes away to our runners towards the end of the first half, and boo ya!
We have one in Cust. He is a running hooker with a good short kicking game but Des won't use him, Hope he is working on his defence as he could be an ace up our sleeve next year under the new rules!

Bencher
Premium Member
I don't think he could sue for damages as he is still being paid by the club, also he had, and probably still has problems with his shoulder, so he would have needed an extended period out of the game anyway, so he wasn't really disadvantaged.
He has the option to have his case in front of a judge only, that would expedite the hearing, but probably on his solicitors advice he doesn't want to go down that path, you can draw your own conclusion from that, but if the case against him is flawed, then a judge would see it straight away, whereas a jury could be easily swayed to deliver a not guilty verdict if there is an element of doubt.

Bencher
Premium Member
Wonder how Manase "s shoulder is these days and if fully recovered . Probably would have missed a good portion of his current contract arrangement with Manly even if he did not have his off field drama and was available to play . Long wait until next July , even if he is hopefully exonerated , can:t expect an automatic inclusion into the game day i st grade squad .

Reserve Grader
Wonder how Manase "s shoulder is these days and if fully recovered . Probably would have missed a good portion of his current contract arrangement with Manly even if he did not have his off field drama and was available to play . Long wait until next July , even if he is hopefully exonerated , can:t expect an automatic inclusion into the game day i st grade squad .
(1) July, hopefully he gets found not guilty, and that his shoulder is good to go. (2) plays 3wks Blacktown Workers. (3) Proves to Des he's ready for 1st Grade. That would take Manasi's potential start in1st grade to about late July early August. leaves 4 to 5 reg games leading into the finals, could be a fairy tail comeback for Fainu, we can only hope.

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
(1) July, hopefully he gets found not guilty, and that his shoulder is good to go. (2) plays 3wks Blacktown Workers. (3) Proves to Des he's ready for 1st Grade. That would take Manasi's potential start in1st grade to about late July early August. leaves 4 to 5 reg games leading into the finals, could be a fairy tail comeback for Fainu, we can only hope.
Respectfully (and sadly) I don’t think there is the slightest chance of any of that.
He is not on our contract list, and we should move our roster away from dependence on a myth.

Reserve Grader
Respectfully (and sadly) I don’t think there is the slightest chance of any of that.
He is not on our contract list, and we should move our roster away from dependence on a myth.
Probably right Rosko.....but we are heavily invested in Faniu, the player he was before his world came crashing down on him, was that of a player with undoubted natural ability and class. This myth is still worth the wait, but for how long is the 64m $ question.

It's only a game ....
but for how long is the 64m $ question
Until Manase has had his day in court. It's not his fault that proceedings have dragged on for so long due to Covid. You wouldn't expect a great club like the Sea Eagles to act any differently to what they have. If their faith is misplaced, so be it. If not, and Fainu is found not guilty, the club will reap great benefits on the football field.

In for the long haul.
Premium Member
2016 Tipping Competitor
We're not allowed to have him on our contract list. The NRL stance says nothing about the club's intenetions.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
24 21 3 499 44
24 21 3 390 44
24 20 4 322 42
24 16 8 252 34
24 16 8 141 34
24 15 9 109 32
24 12 12 -143 26
24 10 14 -3 22
24 10 14 -36 22