Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He was nowhere close to the best 9 in the comp in terms of defence. Fainu was coming along nicely with the ball but that was two years ago.

Croker is keeping the middle tight (just needs some help) and we’re averaging over 30 points a game at the moment so Fainu’s attack is not absolutely critical to our points scoring potential...

would it be nice to have Fainu in the squad? Yes! Will it happen? Probably not. Do I care what he did in the game over two years ago? Not much.

Totally agree, this is the angle i was saying last year in relation to our attacking issues at the time, that it was not down to lacking a quality hooker or blaming Levi at the time.

Croker defensively has been amazing with the effort plays(off the ball and on the ball)---yes his distribution from dummy half is nothing special---neither was Fainu's but his defence is compensating for a lot of tired efforts from others that is for sure.

No way in hell will Fainu ever come close defensively to what Croker has offered.

Last edited:
Love watching Manase in those 2019 games …. Very few players have his ability to create time and space around the ruck like he did …. At some points it was like he was in the Matrix, opposition defence in slow motion just watching him dance through …. So balanced, so quick, so strong …. Really hope he gets his life back soon
Yes, never taking the wrong option with ball in hand.

Boy, if it turns out he is innocent of these charges, a few "Mcstabby" keyboard types will owe the kid an apology. He's been hung, drawn, and quartered - labelled a d1ckhead, etc, etc. etc...
If someone talks like a di&^head, acts like a di^&head and hangs around with di^&heads more often than not they are still presently a di%^head.

Being innocent doesn't change the above, but he is still young and can turn it around---hope he does before it is too late.

Manase is young, is going to make mistakes and will grow out of this phase, most of us males have probably been di&^heads to some degree, his mistakes have just been more heavily publicized for all to see.

It's not a good look having the video recording incident, a poster here mentioned something about some poor social media communication with a fan, and now caught up in the current mess which hopefully is mistaken identity hanging around a bad crowd, this is not going to help with peoples impressions of you.

If Fainu comes out of this stage of his life a stronger person he can be a leader within the group already, this is what i hope----along with an improved tackling technique.

In saying that hanging around with the wrong crowd is not illegal----i recall posters here had a go at Marty for doing the same thing----many of us probably have friends in the past that might be considered in some ways part of the wrong crowd---it doesn't mean you are exactly like them----but in many instances you do become a reflection of who you associate with.

Just keep living and learning is all we can ask of ourselves.

Last edited:
If someone talks like a di&^head, acts like a di^&head and hangs around with di^&heads more often than not they are still presently a di%^head.

Being innocent doesn't change the above, but he is still young and can turn it around---hope he does before it is too late.
Yes Fainu has been labelled as a dickhead. So what? As @Technical Coach says some of his offfield behaviour at Parra and with us clearly places him firmly into dickhead territory. Calling someone a dickhead isnt a big deal. I am sure many of us have graduated through the young dickhead category, into the older dickhead category, with varying degrees of success.

Fainu is an outstanding footballer, who also happens to be accused of a number of serious criminal offences. These unproved allegations are currently ruining his career as a NRL footballer with Manly. I hope that he comes through the case successfully, and that he is ultimately found not guilty of all charges. Further to that he is able to resume his career with us, and wins a premiership with his younger brothers.

I also hope that he graduates out of the young dickhead category, sooner rather then later.

I'd have Manase back in a heartbeat. He was pure electricity.
The club have invested heavily, not only in re-signing but moving the family and in supporting his mental health. Maybe the kid made a mistake by going to a church dance, maybe not.
There's no doubt he's enamoured of the gangsta life on his socials, but then again he's a kid with a major talent and probably not a lot of smarts. His life has been one thing, footy, and that's been taken away.
Sure Croker has been good but this kid's a major talent that the club clearly preferred to Api.
If his shoulder is right, he must be in the 17 as soon as he's available.
And I miss his smile.

Probably a good idea not to call out how terrible Manase Fainu is off the field..
He comes from a quality family and there is an obvious case of uncertainty regarding this case and his actions....let the police and courts decide before passing uninformed judgement
He has hung around bad company and stated this regretfully on numerous occasions now....that is a mistake he owns and just maybe a few here have done in their lifetime also....it's his decisions from here that will define him now.
Can also let you know this situation has had a major effect on his family, from media and death riders out there, last thing needed is Manly fans slipping the boot in.

Yeah Fainu was/is an exciting young player ... at least, he was when we last saw him play. But TBH I don't think anyone has cause to complain about how Froggy is going as our #9 this year. And when you have in form play makers like Turbo, DCE and Foz, running from dummy half becomes less of a priority than just giving good clean service.
And tackling his heart out

Yes Fainu has been labelled as a dickhead. So what? As @Technical Coach says some of his offfield behaviour at Parra and with us clearly places him firmly into dickhead territory. Calling someone a dickhead isnt a big deal. I am sure many of us have graduated through the young dickhead category, into the older dickhead category, with varying degrees of success.

Fainu is an outstanding footballer, who also happens to be accused of a number of serious criminal offences. These unproved allegations are currently ruining his career as a NRL footballer with Manly. I hope that he comes through the case successfully, and that he is ultimately found not guilty of all charges. Further to that he is able to resume his career with us, and wins a premiership with his younger brothers.

I also hope that he graduates out of the young dickhead category, sooner rather then later.
The type of character traits required for the d1ckhead moniker is highly subjective.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4