Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
@frank stokes explained it better than me, thanks. It is actually possible to be proven innocent, but that would typically be a case where the only evidence against you is forensic evidence and it turns out it was someone else's DNA :)
In this case, from memory, Debelin and his mate admit intercourse but claim consent. It's all about whether some jurors think he might be telling the truth. Doesn't mean any of them have to be convinced he's innocent. This in a nutshell is our time-honoured notion of beyond reasonable doubt.

Its a prick of a place, privately owned, but in fact Dept of Corrective Services will send you anywhere it suits them in NSW, they have a number of suitable hell-holes, all of them over crowded to the extent of 2 out in a one person cell, 3 out n a 2 person cell, etc.
Don't drink and drive folks :)
Consent, interesting discussion, what is or isn't consent. Again as I said earlier in another post. Generally the facts are clouded, hence it's up to a jury to decide which story is more believable, this is what the judges normally say to the jury. At end of the day I really question, and I mean this with total respect to women and girls in general (and no is no!), but I have to question it is very hard to prove you didn't.... so where is your innocent until proven guilty? It's up to the story that is best believed. It is always hard when he said she said and genrally no one will ever know the truth.

I accept this in the current environment is politically incorrect but I have witnessed this.

Interesting that players from other clubs, even former Sea Eagles, can see that Croker is no hooker and that not having an actual dummy half in the team each week is hurting us.

Why can't Des see it?
Maybe Dez and Manly thought that with the new witnesses coming forward would be enough to get the NRL to allow him to play, hence why they also resigned him. Very confident he will get off. Absolute b.s if found not guilty on NRLs behalf, been out of the game for almost two years and I guess because of covid has drawn out the Court hearing, but he is possibly very well sitting on the side lines at the moment because of people out there wrongly accusing him because they have an agenda against him.

he is possibly very well sitting on the side lines at the moment because of people out there wrongly accusing him because they have an agenda against him.
Yep and he he possibly has people willing to lie for him too... who knows? I know one thing, even if AFB KNEW he did it then I seriously doubt he would be spilling his guts to a punter...

Time will tell...

If you were down to your last dollar and had to bet on it, hands down the safe bet is that he did it.
He (and Manly) are probably counting on seeing a bunch of witnesses with opposing stories go through the courts, Fainu's mates v the bloke he stabbed's mates and that will lead to enough doubt so the jury won't convict him.
But honestly does anyone out there really believe he didn't do what he was accused of?

But honestly does anyone out there really believe he didn't do what he was accused of?
I have no idea. All I know is what I've heard from the media, which is secondhand information anyway, and certainly not enough for me to base an opinion on one way or the other. The only thing that's going to matter is what the jury says. And even then, all I'll be able to say for certain is that a jury found him innocent or guilty. Up till then, he's entitled to a presumption of innocence.

If you were down to your last dollar and had to bet on it, hands down the safe bet is that he did it.
He (and Manly) are probably counting on seeing a bunch of witnesses with opposing stories go through the courts, Fainu's mates v the bloke he stabbed's mates and that will lead to enough doubt so the jury won't convict him.
I’d be a bit careful with this mate.

I had a good chat with AFB down at the gym today he actually comes across as a pretty good bloke and feels bad about our current predicament. Despite the obvious holes in our side he reckons with Tom and a decent hooker we would be winning more than we are losing.

I asked him about Manase and he reckons he is definitely innocent and someone had recently come forward and made a statement to the police that clears Manase. The Cops are stilling looking to take it to trial. With this new development the club went to the NRL to get him cleared to play however they won’t do anything until he has gone to court.

I thanked him for getting injured so he didn’t have to play against us and given he will be out for 10 weeks at least we won’t face him in second round either.
:clap:
You should ask him the real story as to why he left us

And to think the brains trust at our club chose this guy over Api. They let a special player go in Api he has the kind of infectious energy that gutho, paps, Murray, Mahoney and the like have, they are the type of players you can build success around, high energy 80 min players, and a pretty bloody decent 9 to boot, (now we don’t have one) and here’s a critical point, we couldn’t get 80 out of Api, even though the panthers can rest him for 10 at times, or when the game is sealed, he is easily an 80 min player now, highlights how our system is not up to speed, our conditioning is so far off the money, I think our level of professionalism across the club is a long way of the money, we need to improve every aspect of our club, harsh but true. what about this question, who would you like in our 9 now if you could chose between the 2? What a dumb question, what a dumb decision to let Api go.

Levi-no
Croker- definite no
Lawton-juries out on this one until we have something to base an opinion on
cust- better option than the first 2
DCE- would like to see it get a chance, but highly doubt that will ever happen
Api-of course it’s a no brainer
oh well since that ships sailed I would like to see us improve with what we have and I can’t see how running DCE at 9 for a while, either starting there or rotating for periods during a game shouldn‘t be tried given where we’re at. Yes I know it won’t happen, how stupid, let’s just keep rolling with the same dumb **** we are, because of course that’s smarter, the results prove it, right? Wrong.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing re Api. After 2019 next to nobody was saying keep Api over Fainu. I always liked Api as a player and at times thought he got a rough deal of it on here. But there was no way in hell I would have said to keep him over Manase back in 2019. I don’t believe there was ever a chance in keeping both. Is what it is now.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing re Api. After 2019 next to nobody was saying keep Api over Fainu. I always liked Api as a player and at times thought he got a rough deal of it on here. But there was no way in hell I would have said to keep him over Manase back in 2019. I don’t believe there was ever a chance in keeping both. Is what it is now.
I wanted to ... Manase's gangster gang leader role was already known and being talked about, as he is a big influence on the other islander boys ..... we could have kept both if we hadn't made the ridiculous DCE deal

I have maintained, despite the decision by a single High Court judge, that like you, it makes a presumption of guilt before trial, which from my readings is actually constitutionally against the intent of the Act.

Mind you, I can well understand an accusation that relates to something that directly threatens or places a threat against a company or person, but it must be balanced by consideration of restraint of trade or normal lifestyle living that does not threaten directly.

In this case it presents absolutely no threat to on the field play. Its only threat is to the image of the game and sponsorship and unfortunately there are too many in society who prejudge a case without significant knowledge of the events and without the right to make such judgements.

The League and sponsors are running scared of those groups, many using the media to push their ill-founded beliefs. It is a flaw in human nature too well exemplified by the ill-informed populous in the USA over the recent elections and the use of media to promote that misinformation.

Personally I disagree with the no fault policy, but I do understand it.
spot on - great analysis

I wanted to ... Manase's gangster gang leader role was already known and being talked about, as he is a big influence on the other islander boys ..... we could have kept both if we hadn't made the ridiculous DCE deal
um... the DCE deal was done years before. We probably would be going great if the Eadie, Randall, Menzies, Lyons of their prime were still running around. No good beating up ourselves and the club as to what was. We need to be focused on what is and the plan to get moving forward again on the field. Some much much better effort on the field, some different selections, some new signings and there will be a stack of those and making sure we retain and lock up our best young talent... the future will be bright.

Not cool mate. This guys part of our club until he’s proven guilty for this, I support him snd the clubs stance around it.

um... the DCE deal was done years before. We probably would be going great if the Eadie, Randall, Menzies, Lyons of their prime were still running around. No good beating up ourselves and the club as to what was. We need to be focused on what is and the plan to get moving forward again on the field. Some much much better effort on the field, some different selections, some new signings and there will be a stack of those and making sure we retain and lock up our best young talent... the future will be bright.
I don't disagree with needing to looking forward, I hope our contract decisions are taken in the same light we are still suffering from the cost of DCE not from the contracts of our Manly legends that you name.

I don't disagree with needing to looking forward, I hope our contract decisions are taken in the same light we are still suffering from the cost of DCE not from the contracts of our Manly legends that you name.
Oh I dont disagree but we can't look back... now it is all about fixing this mess and looking forward to renewed success. It will come.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2