Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just seen this posted on Fainu's Instagram account. See attached
It says "the day you know you won" driving in a car with his manager and a big smile on his face. Maybe I'm reading way too much in to it or maybe just maybe it's a sign he may be about to be cleared. Maybe Manly knew all along hence the refusal to sign a hooker.
I know it's a lot of "maybe" but I'm optimistic
Yep can't see that being posted Robbo without their being maneuvering with his case in the positive!

I am so pessimistic about there being any "secret facts" that will see Manase let off before his trial. He may well be found innocent, but it will be at trial imo.

That photo @The better Robbo posted is from when he got bail, so we can read many things into it, including it was the day his manager knew he won (something). The one thing I can't read into though is "she'll be sweet" regarding the charges.

I am so pessimistic about there being any "secret facts" that will see Manase let off before his trial. He may well be found innocent, but it will be at trial imo.

That photo @The better Robbo posted is from when he got bail, so we can read many things into it, including it was the day his manager knew he won (something). The one thing I can't read into though is "she'll be sweet" regarding the charges.
The photo was posted on Fainu's account today so if it is old im not sure why he'd post an old photo like that but who knows

Just seen this posted on Fainu's Instagram account. See attached
It says "the day you know you won" driving in a car with his manager and a big smile on his face. Maybe I'm reading way too much in to it or maybe just maybe it's a sign he may be about to be cleared. Maybe Manly knew all along hence the refusal to sign a hooker.
I know it's a lot of "maybe" but I'm optimistic

He could just be referring to his new Manly contract extension!

(lol)

(wah)

You’ve spoilt my preseason with your knowledge and facts :)
Mate, I am sorry! I am usually glass half full, but I still feel gutted about the situation Manase has found himself in and so won't let myself entertain the idea that he will be somehow playing for us prior to a verdict is reached at his trial.

Some of us think the JDB case and a not guilty verdict will be enough to force the NRL to scrap its stand down policy. Unfortunately, I think it will take another Brett Stewart - i.e., a proven false accusation, not just a not guilty verdict based on lack of evidence / case not proven beyond reasonable doubt - for the NRL to change its rule and even then I am not confident they will. It is here to stay, I reckon, and to make it ironclad it will form part of the next collective bargaining agreement (unless the RLPA does its job).

I am not sure why people think the JDB case will impact the NRL's position on the stand down policy. Wasn't our very own Dylan Walker stood down and later found not-guilty?
I would think there is high potential of legal action against the NRL from JDB if proven not guilty.

Tarnishing his name brand etc even though he has received full wages from Stgeorge while he has been stood down.

I would think there is high potential of legal action against the NRL from JDB if proven not guilty.

Tarnishing his name brand etc even though he has received full wages from Stgeorge while he has been stood down.
Did the stand down tarnish his brand or the charges that were laid independently of the NRL? I would have thought it was the charges.

The Federal Court has already found the stand down policy not to be unlawful, noting it was a single judge presiding and therefore the decision is not immune from being overturned if another case came along. But I reckon any player that wants to challenge it going forward will struggle. The fact that the RLPA rolled over on it is telling.

Here is a case summary for anyone interested: Rugby League’s no fault rule is ‘reasonably necessary’ says the Federal Court

What can he sue for? He’s not out of pocket. The value of his football is reflected in his pay. If he has lost any endorsements it is because he is facing charges.

What can he sue for? He’s not out of pocket. The value of his football is reflected in his pay. If he has lost any endorsements it is because he is facing charges.
Not to me

He tarnished his own name by his actions that night,whether guilty or not of the charges before him

My thought is JDB was a representative player when he was stood down, loss of potential earnings playing representative football and third party sponsorship deals.

If JDB was still playing even though charged and going through the judicial process, he could have been playing representative football.

I don’t know too many employers that stand people down while they are going through the judicial system.

My thought is JDB was a representative player when he was stood down, loss of potential earnings playing representative football and third party sponsorship deals.

If JDB was still playing even though charged and going through the judicial process, he could have been playing representative football.

I don’t know too many employers that stand people down while they are going through the judicial system.

'Potential earnings' which definitely isn't guaranteed earnings so not sure how you can sue for that if you're not 100% guaranteed to get rep football money.

Possibly he might have a case on the rep footy thing.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8