Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A hooker is in the eye of the beholder ...

One thing is, that it is often difficult to compare dummy halves, because a big part of their effectiveness rests on the quality of the teams they are playing with .. the timing, running, bending of the line, play the ball speed, calling and positioning of the playmakers etc ... ScamSmith playing for the Bears would not be near as effective ,, and Api playing with the current Penriff squad is reaching superstar status ...

I agree that Fainu is potentially a great dummy half ... but at the moment the only attribute I can see where he exceeds is his vision ... he can spot an opportunity like a magician .. in work rate, quality and quantity of defence and impact I think Api has him covered at this stage ...
That's a hookers best attribute though, the vision and when to know whether to run or pass, blind side or open side, face ball or cut out. Of course being a sound defender is important, but if that is your best trait then you are doing your team a big disservice. Everything starts from the hooker and Faniu is a very smart eyes up footy player.

That's a hookers best attribute though, the vision and when to know whether to run or pass, blind side or open side, face ball or cut out. Of course being a sound defender is important, but if that is your best trait then you are doing your team a big disservice. Everything starts from the hooker and Faniu is a very smart eyes up footy player.

Yep ... which is why you have to judge the whole package ... and Api gets a 10/10 for defence, and a 9/10 for every other attribute ... Fainu may get there, but he is still a work in progress in several areas ...

PSS .. if you're not a good defender you shouldn't be playing hooker at all ...

Can anybody transfer super8 to beta for me ...

royalty-free-rf-clip-art-illustration-of-a-caveman-using-stone-wvXBca-clipart.jpg

Agree, but that says nothing about Fainu’s ability. You’re arguing against Fainu by comparing him to an entire squad that have had an outstanding year. It’s an incongruous argument.

Naturally Fainu has areas to work on. Tell me a player at his age that doesn’t? He is a special talent with vision beyond his years. He lifted the team every time he took the field. He combines very well with the rest of the spine which keeps the opposition defence vulnerable - something we sorely lacked this year.

Defence and fitness can be worked on. It’s not like he is some lightweight either, he has a great build for a hooker with plenty of strength.

If he gets off, and has a few games under his belt next year, I would be stunned if 2022 isn’t a cracking year for him. I’m backing him in.

Enjoy your night TC.
The comment of mine you are replying to has nothing to do with Fainu and all about the general hard working attitude of the Penrith side as a side comment in this thread.

So 99.99% of people are YouTube watchers which is why Manly are where they are ... umm yeah that makes sense. You’re the Technical coach? Seriously mate, take a step down from that high horse.
The joke was that maybe our recruiters are of the same class as 99% of fans who judge players by a 3min highlight reel on YouTube when signing players and that is why Manly is in its current state---"obviously" this is not the case.

Lol weren't you the one asking for YouTube highlights of his game?? You have 0 idea about what you're talking about, as usual. Technical coach of bull**** perhaps?
I was asking others if highlights of other areas of his game exist beyond the attacking elements of his game and "one tackle" included in the link provided.

I already knew the answer but you can keep searching if you like.

Yep ... which is why you have to judge the whole package ... and Api gets a 10/10 for defence, and a 9/10 for every other attribute ... Fainu may get there, but he is still a work in progress in several areas ...

PSS .. if you're not a good defender you shouldn't be playing hooker at all ...
Wow, you really rate API. He is good but not that good. I don't see Cam Smith being a 65 plus tackling machine but he is one of the best players the game has seen (puke) Like I said, if you could combine API with Faniu then you would have almost the complete package and a 9 out of 10. No 10/10 because neither can kick although Faniu has the ability maybe down the track.

It's obviously a key position sea eagles forum posters know we need to get right in 2021 based on the discussions above. In fact it's the only current topic I'm concerned about presently heading into the Off season and any new recruits.

Last edited:
The joke was that maybe our recruiters are of the same class as 99% of fans who judge players by a 3min highlight reel on YouTube when signing players and that is why Manly is in its current state---"obviously" this is not the case.
99% of footy fans watch their footy through YouTube clips? Nice to know you have such a high opinion of everyone... it's been yet another enlightening sess reading your astute observations. Can't wait for the next bs to come

What did Levi do whenever there was an offload? Or a lazy marker? How was his defence? Or fitness?

If your 9 takes advantage of momentum, this will absolutely result in improved go forward, as this has a flow on effect. By penetrating a team's defensive line from the centre, this sucks in defenders continually, giving huge advantage to our forwards, offering more space for our outside backs, and alleviates significant pressure from our halves. But what am I doing wasting my time explaining this? You're a technical coach right? No one is saying, Fainu can fix all manly's issues, but he can help dramatically. Des signs effort players. Anyone can see Fainu plays bloody good footy
You are missing the point, i am not saying Levi is better, i am saying for the current squad that is lacking depth there are other areas that need to be focused on than retaining an "attacking" hooker who will also be out of the game for another year at least and probably only effective performance wise after 2yrs.

Obviously hookers take advantage of momentum----but it is more the case of taking advantage of momentum than creating momentum(yes it is both at times but far more taking advantage than creating momentum)

Damien Cook last night created basically nothing because his forwards lacked spark and go forward and the line speed of Penrith strangled Souths.

It's the same with Manly placing Monas at hooker, tough with leadership, no nonsense and "effective enough" while Orford went to half for more line breaking spark up the middle "at times" to take Manly's game to the next level.

It's all about reading what is required in the teams development and recruitment stages of the squad---Jake Friend is not a naturally talented footballer like Fainu but offers consistency and leadership while money can be directed in class elsewhere.

Yes the 6 again rule and reduced wrestle is going to create more leanings towards an attacking hooker to take advantage of the faster speeds and this will suit Fainu big time (cricket scores on both ends so you need guys who can create attacking wise) but we are talking up the guy based on only half of what is required, a reality check is called for here big time.

I'm more in favour of retaining Fainu now compared to the major reservations i had with Fainu in the 2019 season---- the change of rules places more emphasis on attack than on defence(so defensive qualities in this position will be less valued going forward by "many" not all) but i still think he plays soft and doesn't enjoy the hard yakka.

Just read in the paper about Fainu hanging out with bryce cartwright, geez he needs to review his choice of friends PDQ
I believe Manase and Cartwright were training with Roger Fabri who is a sprint training expert. I wouldn’t look into this too much.

99% of footy fans watch their footy through YouTube clips? Nice to know you have such a high opinion of everyone... it's been yet another enlightening sess reading your astute observations. Can't wait for the next bs to come
Well if you "can't wait" please "like, share and subscribe" to help my YouTube channel search algorithm which also keeps you up to date with my latest BS.

Wow, you really rate API. He is good but not that good. I don't see Can Smith being a 65 plus tackling machine but he is one of the best players the game has seen (puke) Like I said, if you could combine API with Faniu then you would have the complete package and a 9 our of 10. No 10/10 because neither can kick although Faniu has the ability maybe down the track.
Fainu can kick as he grew up playing a little halfback. If he learns game management like smith/hodgson, will def be the best in the comp one day soon

You are missing the point, i am not saying Levi is better, i am saying for the current squad that is lacking depth there are other areas that need to be focused on than retaining an "attacking" hooker who will also be out of the game for another year at least and probably only effective performance wise after 2yrs.

Obviously hookers take advantage of momentum----but it is more the case of taking advantage of momentum than creating momentum(yes it is both at times but far more taking advantage than creating momentum)

Damien Cook last night created basically nothing because his forwards lacked spark and go forward and the line speed of Penrith strangled Souths.

It's the same with Manly placing Monas at hooker, tough with leadership, no nonsense and "effective enough" while Orford went to half for more line breaking spark up the middle "at times" to take Manly's game to the next level.

It's all about reading what is required in the teams development and recruitment stages of the squad---Jake Friend is not a naturally talented footballer like Fainu but offers consistency and leadership while money can be directed in class elsewhere.

Yes the 6 again rule and reduced wrestle is going to create more leanings towards an attacking hooker to take advantage of the faster speeds and this will suit Fainu big time (cricket scores on both ends so you need guys who can create attacking wise) but we are talking up the guy based on only half of what is required, a reality check is called for here big time.

I'm more in favour of retaining Fainu now compared to the major reservations i had with Fainu in the 2019 season---- the change of rules places more emphasis on attack than on defence(so defensive qualities in this position will be less valued going forward by "many" not all) but i still think he plays soft and doesn't enjoy the hard yakka.
Ask anyone who's played alongside him, he's definitely not soft. Extremely strong for his size, and defends bloody well for a rookie. Agree with most of what you are saying, but he's not really overrated. And until the courts judge him as guilty of a crime, no one has the right to judge his worth

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4