Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
While I am concerned and frustrated about the delay in Manase’s court case, particularly if he is proven innocent, which I sincerely hope is the case, Manly may well have dodged a long injury lay-off with his ongoing shoulder surgeries and he may not have played too many games for the club anyway over the last two years.

It may well have been a blessing in disguise for the club, given he would likely be on a massive upgrade.

Hopefully Nase recovers from his latest shoulder surgery and it won’t be a persistent issue and if cleared from his charge, he’ll be back and eager to fulfil the faith and support the club has shown him.
Or had he been able to rehab his shoulder properly when it first happened instead of jumping fences and spending time in Long Bay we may today be looking at the current NSW no.9 and a premiership winning one at that.

His latest instagram post has him in a shoulder sling again. Fair to say he's shoulder is cooked! Even without his trial we probably wouldn't have seen him on the field regardless. This is what his 3rd or 4th operation? And 3 years out of the game. At best I reckon he will only be a 30 minute utility player for at least the next couple years... providing he is allowed to play of course. This latest set back is enough for me to say we need to invest elsewhere for our hooker.

His latest instagram post has him in a shoulder sling again. Fair to say he's shoulder is cooked! Even without his trial we probably wouldn't have seen him on the field regardless. This is what his 3rd or 4th operation? And 3 years out of the game. At best I reckon he will only be a 30 minute utility player for at least the next couple years... providing he is allowed to play of course. This latest set back is enough for me to say we need to invest elsewhere for our hooker.
yes someone posted earlier this year that manly thought the NRL would backflip on the stand down policy thus allowing fainu to play. this was why manly were prepared to go into this season underdone at 9.

croker went well and lawnton ok but surely a better option is needed more than ever with cust gorne that is more obvious than ever if nothing else as depth

He’s clearly had a Staph infection or something similar, to have to undergo so many operations.

Hopefully this operation was just some minor fine tuning to finally get it right.

Geez he’s going to need to build some strength up in it though, as players will definitely target his shoulder.

I don’t think his shoulder is ‘cooked’, as surgeons these days can do amazing things. July maybe a good thing as I doubt he would have been back before then anyway.

Frog will only improve on last year with increased confidence, so I’m not to worried.

He’s clearly had a Staph infection or something similar, to have to undergo so many operations.

Hopefully this operation was just some minor fine tuning to finally get it right.

Geez he’s going to need to build some strength up in it though, as players will definitely target his shoulder.

I don’t think his shoulder is ‘cooked’, as surgeons these days can do amazing things. July maybe a good thing as I doubt he would have been back before then anyway.

Frog will only improve on last year with increased confidence, so I’m not to worried.
The problem arises if Croker goes down for an extended period. We then only have Lawton as our only option and he is a part time hooker himself. What happens if Lawton and Croker are out? Does Jake go to #9 and Walker #13?
This is the only other real option we have. Des certainly seems happy with a defensive #9

I see your point however, there are always ‘what if?’ situations and hooker is not the biggest ‘what if?’ situation, Turbo is or DCE is.

I don’t think Des would have released Cust if he didn’t have a Plan B or Plan C. It’ll only be a problem if we need a Plan D. I don’t have the foggiest idea of what Plan C is (Lawton would definitely be Plan B). Maybe Gordon Chan Kum Ton is plan C. I can just imagine Rabs trying to call his name.

Got it worked out around early August 2022 at the earliest, that we'll see Manase. Fingers crossed..

As a reminder about his shoulder surgery, here's an excerpt from the Fainu's interview/article (in Latu's thread) following Latu's signing in mid November:

"There has been another impediment to Fainu’s immediate return. The hooker has had ongoing complications with a shoulder injury that will require further surgeries.
“I’ve got to go in for another op at the end of the month,” he (Manase) said. “Then two weeks after that I’ve got to get another one for the front of my shoulder, so it’s a four-week process to do this.”

Prior to reading this, I'd almost written him off but this interview confirmed it. He can't possibly come back anywhere near the player he was after 4 operations and 3 years out, and who's to say he may need even more surgery...

I get that we're persevering with Manase to secure his talented brothers but we need to move on imho and find another hooker.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4