Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’m a big fan of Croker and he remains my number one choice for number 9. I’m really happy for him to be where he is now.

If Fainu is in similar form to 2019 though then he strolls on to my bench easily. If there are question marks on his defence, I look towards one match in particular back in 2019. He played more than 80 minutes as Manly beat Melbourne in Melbourne during extra time and he had some crucial defensive plays that saved that game for us.
The Frog
**** me , how far has he come !!!

Perspective time

When you look at the he benchmark X factor hookers likes of Cheese , Grant , Hodgson , Api, and Cook

We are lacking BIG time in that high class hooker department and Fainu is the player that has the ability to raise our teams standards

The moral of the story
Good enough is never good enough for those that want to excel
Go hard Bozo!

Given the stories, re Big O's brother, I am amazed there isn't at the very least a little bad blood (excuse the pun) between Big O and Fainu and how that impacts on their close group. If these stories have some truth to them.
This has as much worrying news as good.
they have different surnames, maybe they aren't that close.

I'm still doubtful of the Fainu rumour, but if true - and if he can quickly recapture some form - I'd say Fainu edges out Lawton. You want impact from bench players.
Why are you still doubtful? This same narrative has been put forward by multiple sources for the past 12 months. Seems more likely than not.

I would have him at 14. Have him share hooker role with Lachlan like he did with Api in 2019. I've always said he's the missing piece, that last X Factor player in the side that we need. We let go of Api for him because we had so much faith. But he needs to prove himself, and I love Froggy. He's improved so much and is a rock in defence, his number 9 jersey can't be given up that easy.

Tough call for Des, and if we push into the finals IMP Croker has earned his spot and would be tragic for him to miss out
Yes, but obviously a good problem to have.

I think there would be a role for both, and at the very least Croker has done his market value no harm at all with the way he has lifted his game. Great respect for how he has gutsed it through some pretty tough times including his various earlier injury issues.

Of course they've applied for an exemption; we knew they would.

Doesn't mean the odds of it being accepted have moved.

When you consider Croker is a better defender and we have no trouble scoring points, I am not as excited about this as maybe I once would have been either.

I'd still prefer him to be available, but I don't think he suddenly increasing our odds of winning the comp. Never thought I'd say this...shows how far Croker has come.
Was thinking this myself.

Of course they've applied for an exemption; we knew they would.

Doesn't mean the odds of it being accepted have moved.

When you consider Croker is a better defender and we have no trouble scoring points, I am not as excited about this as maybe I once would have been either.

I'd still prefer him to be available, but I don't think he suddenly increasing our odds of winning the comp. Never thought I'd say this...shows how far Croker has come.
Seems you've forgotten that he was on his way to being the best 9 in the comp. Im sure he has been training with the boys. If he can hit that form again we will have the best spine in the comp

Highly unlikely the NRL will let him play in my view. If they did it certainly wouldn't be onh the basis of the witnesses. It's not up to the NRL to determine whether or not the Crown's case is strong or not!

Honestly cant see him playing, doesn't he have to go into quarantine for 2 weeks and what of the bail conditions will they allow him to travel to QLD

Highly unlikely the NRL will let him play in my view. If they did it certainly wouldn't be onh the basis of the witnesses. It's not up to the NRL to determine whether or not the Crown's case is strong or not!
It would be very rugby league for the NRL to extend their "judiciary" to be able to cover all legal matters, and fast track the Fainu case for a hearing before the suspensions on a Tuesday night. With ex-players as judge and jury.

Seems you've forgotten that he was on his way to being the best 9 in the comp. Im sure he has been training with the boys. If he can hit that form again we will have the best spine in the comp
He was nowhere close to the best 9 in the comp in terms of defence. Fainu was coming along nicely with the ball but that was two years ago.

Croker is keeping the middle tight (just needs some help) and we’re averaging over 30 points a game at the moment so Fainu’s attack is not absolutely critical to our points scoring potential...

would it be nice to have Fainu in the squad? Yes! Will it happen? Probably not. Do I care what he did in the game over two years ago? Not much.

I would have him at 14. Have him share hooker role with Lachlan like he did with Api in 2019. I've always said he's the missing piece, that last X Factor player in the side that we need. We let go of Api for him because we had so much faith. But he needs to prove himself, and I love Froggy. He's improved so much and is a rock in defence, his number 9 jersey can't be given up that easy.
Crocker has improved out of site. his defense is top notch now and his passing game has improved so much. I alos think could be an aweome combo having crocker and Faniu similar to what we did with Api and faniu. Faniu coming on with a tired defense, getting out from dummy half linking up with a running tom

look out

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8