Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Just on the match fitness, Sirro made a comeback last night while recovering from a long injury lay off, Manase has been training with the side and while not match fit, should be able to slot back in without to much drama, from the bench in 14, going to be interesting to see what happens, I hope for Manase’s sake there’s some good news on the way.
No way Frog misses out, his D has become to important in the middle, his played all season and built his game into our game and its pretty easy to see the boys love what he brings, his not going to miss out if it happens, but I would be worried if I was Walker.

If he became available the issue is no reserve grade.

I was all for bringing him back in if he proved his worth a couple of reserves games but without that he will have to be injury back up.

That said a few minutes off the bench in some easier games may be worthwhile in case we need to call on him in the finals

Always love it when new members post breaking news rumours. Hope you guys aren't just bored Eel fans desperate for some amusement as your season slips away (again) :)
Haha yeah mate have never felt the need to join the inbred group before but after being tipped off with some inside info I thought I’d do a good deed of letting all you clowns know.

Interesting section in the Fox article - hadn't heard this previously

"Faingaa, the younger brother of Manly forward Haumole Olakau’atu, allegedly told family and community members that he was responsible for the stabbing before changing his story.

The defence will call witnesses said to have heard the confession."

going to be a big decision for Des selection-wise if what you say is true.

I don't envy him having to choose between a player with such raw-talent like Fainu or someone who has really made the 9 jersey their own this year in Croker..
fainu plays bench for a month

Just on that does anyone know if he is part of the team in QLD or still in NSW due to bail conditions etc? Do the bail condutions allow him interstate anyway?
He would still be in NSW. Bail conditions include reporting to police 3 x week plus not being allowed to leave home 9 pm - 6 am unless accompanied by parents.

Of course they've applied for an exemption; we knew they would.

Doesn't mean the odds of it being accepted have moved.

When you consider Croker is a better defender and we have no trouble scoring points, I am not as excited about this as maybe I once would have been either.

I'd still prefer him to be available, but I don't think he suddenly increasing our odds of winning the comp. Never thought I'd say this...shows how far Croker has come.
Whilst I agree Crokers defence is probably better,firstly not sure Fainu will be thrown straight back in anyway given he’ll have no game fitness and secondly if he is,it’ll most likely be off the bench and for minimal minutes depending on the game situation.If he does become available and Manly have sown up their ladder position,there’s a couple of soft games for him to finish on and work on his fitness and touch

He would still be in NSW. Bail conditions include reporting to police 3 x week plus not being allowed to leave home 9 pm - 6 am unless accompanied by parents.
So they would have to change his bail conditions for him to be in QLD, Melbourne, Perth etc?

"IF" Manase is good to go R23 or R24, though has been training with the team since recovering from shoulder surgery....game action is FAR different to suddenly start at 9 after all this time out.
He is ready to hit the ground running and his style is almost perfect for this modern fluent game....but time and place.
Croker has been a rock defensively and also improved dramatically with pass selection and execution and should NOT be demoted.
In actual fact - Croker has earned his place but a talent like Fainu "MUST" be in the 17, off the bench is the way which will serve the Manly team best and against the Storm type defence, would be ideal after some heat is off the middle and the defence is slower to reset, which is when the unpredictable Fainu could well be the X factor aside from Tom.

No bad news in this ... selection head aches are always good news ...

... and don't worry about Croker being rewarded for his efforts ... if you don't think there are a few clubs watching, and prepared to pay a fair bit more than we are for his services ... you get a certified numbnut card to show friends and family . ... the issue will be how much is Croker prepared to take to stay at Manly as an afterthought ? ... Oh how the fickle finger of fate does play ..

No bad news in this ... selection head aches are always good news ...

... and don't worry about Croker being rewarded for his efforts ... if you don't think there are a few clubs watching, and prepared to pay a fair bit more than we are for his services ... you get a certified numbnut card to show friends and family . ... the issue will be how much is Croker prepared to take to stay at Manly as an afterthought ? ... Oh how the fickle finger of fate does play ..
I thought he extended a couple of weeks back?

Storm don't mind having a game breaker like grant come off the bench, ide be happy to have fainu in that position.. ofcourse it means Parker gets the arse which is a shame, but he showed last night that while he plays with heart and gives his best, he's no Walker at centre

I am a massive fan of Fainu's footballing ability and have never been a Croker advocate; however, there is no way I'd be dropping Croker this year. He has finally put it together and Fainu has been out of the game for such a long time, which is now markedly different to the one he played. Having said that, I expect the new style of footy to suit Fainu and play to his strengths; that is, next year.

The only way he plays this year is - if by miracle - PV cuts him a break or the police drop the charges, and then both Croker and Lawton go down with injury. Highly unlikely.

If true that would be awsome news regardless of who you think should be starting 9. Croker has seriously improved. Defensively he and Jake do a lot of the heavy lifting.

But on the flip side you could argue with the game speeding up so fast Fainu would destroy teams. Turbo, Fainu, DCE, Schuster, Saab, Harper, Garrick are all very quick.

If you keep scoring, no need to defend as much.

Good position to be in.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8