Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Stood down Manly star Manase Fainu’s management will ask the NRL to reconsider his suspension after two witnesses came forward over his alleged involvement in a stabbing at a Mormon church dance.

The Sydney Morning Herald reported two witnesses clam Fainu, who can’t play for Manly due to the NRL’s no-fault stand down rule, was not responsible for the stabbing at a church dance.

In another development in the case, NSW Police will treat their own witnesses, who allegedly confessed to the stabbing before backflipping as “unfavourable”.

Fainu’s manager, Mario Tartak, urged the NRL to consider his client’s right to play given the new information.

“I’m hopeful the NRL considers the impact COVID has on the strain of the legal system,” Tartak said.

He was an Australian Schoolboy and is starting to show why.

Great defender and I've noticed he is scooping the ball one handed and finding the right runners more often than not; the DCE run last night for example. He has grown so much in the role when you consider he what he was doing in the early rounds; literally dishing off sideways and nothing more.
That play with Tom was superb

If all this is true, and the NRL allow him to play, it spells the end for Walker imo.

Fainu will take the 14 jersey (once match fit), and Croker will revert to Walkers current role when Fainu comes on.

It's a big win, if it pans out.
My thoughts exactly

What would the exemption be for? The only exemption they may get is if there are literally no players left to select within the bubble?

Hope it's true and would add some additional firepower for us.

We'll see but we get very little leway unlike the Roosters etc. also didn't V'Landys say that the no fault standown wouldn't be changed after JDB was allowed back.

Tough call for Des, and if we push into the finals IMP Croker has earned his spot and would be tragic for him to miss out
Agree, plus it would disrupt the combinations Croker has worked so hard to develop all season.

I reckon keep Croker at 9 for the rest of the season & give Fainu (if the NRL allow him to) a run off the bench here & there as he'll be underdone too.

When was the last time he strapped on a boot ?? Even if he gets an exemption he'd be long odds to play. For a start he'd have to come into the bubble - there's 2 weeks minimum. Are you really going to disrupt the current spine to bring him in ?? Croker has improved heaps and is making that 9 jersey his.

Anyway the NRL aren't going to play judge and jury on supposed new evidence. The DPP will need to drop the charges before NRL will do anything.

Nice feel good story but I'd say he'd be very long odds to be playing for Manly this season

Agreed... even if this was true, match fitness is a different beast and the game has changed dramatically since he played last. Wouldn't risk playing him this season all things considered!

Good news if it happens, he'd be dynamite coming off the bench ... Croker should be the starting 9 though imho .... when Fainu comes on Croker could stay on as a covering defensive forward

He is already in the top 30 squad, so the only exemption needed would be to the stand down policy.
Sorry mate, that's what i was referring to, the exemption to the no fault stand down policy.

Just on that does anyone know if he is part of the team in QLD or still in NSW due to bail conditions etc? Do the bail condutions allow him interstate anyway?

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10