Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
That's huge news
Here

Two new eyewitnesses come forward in NRL player Manase Fainu’s stabbing case​

Manly hooker Manase Fainu’s lawyers say they’ve found two new eyewitnesses to the stabbing who claim he didn’t actually do it.

Derrick KruscheDerrick Krusche

@derrick_krusche

2 min read
August 2, 2021 - 3:12PM

Current Time 0:23
/
Duration 1:14

NOW PLAYING
Resume

Manly NRL star Fainu released on bail
1:14
UP NEXT

November 12, 2019. Manly football manager John Bonasera and lawyer Elias Tabchouri speak to reporters outside the NSW Supreme Court in…

Two new eyewitnesses to a stabbing that NRL player Manase Fainu was charged over but who have come forward to claim he didn’t actually do it are expected to give evidence at his trial.
The Manly Sea Eagles hooker was mentioned in Parramatta District Court on Monday – a week after he was dealt a major blow to his career when he was told he would have to wait until July next year to fight the allegations before a jury due to Covid.
The 23-year-old hasn’t played a game since 2019 when he was sidelined under the NRL’s no fault stand-down rule after being charged with intentional wounding over the incident during a brawl at a Mormon church dance in Sydney’s southwest.
Manase Fainu with his mother at the Dally M awards,

Manase Fainu with his mother at the Dally M awards,
The court was told the victim himself doesn’t know who stabbed him and that witnesses in the Crown’s case have conflicting accounts about what happened.
Outside court, Fainu’s defence lawyer Paul McGirr said two new eyewitnesses to the incident who were never interviewed by police will be called to give evidence at the trial.
“I can confirm that there are two witnesses, two eyewitnesses who were present who weren’t interviewed by police who will be coming to court and stating, we envisage, that it was not our client that did the stabbing,” he said.
Fainu leaves Parklea jail after being granted bail.

Fainu leaves Parklea jail after being granted bail.
“Basically, what you’ve got is the victim not knowing who did it to him … but now there’s also two other witnesses to the actual incident who have come forward and will be giving evidence for the defence”.
No Jab, No Footy Plan Underway 02/08/21

Daily Telegraph - News Feed
No Jab, No Footy Plan Underway 02/08/21

00:00

03:00

The court also heard prosecutors had served a section 38 notice against one of the main witnesses in the case.

Mr McGirr said outside court that application was in relation to prosecutors wanting to seek to cross examine that main witness who could actually help Fainu’s case.

“The defence aren’t going to cross examine someone who helps their case, (prosecutors) don’t necessarily get to treat him as an unfavourable witness, it’s an application that will be made by the Crown,” he said.

Judge Gina O’Rourke, SC, said Fainu was facing the prospect of a lengthy jail stint if he’s found guilty when his lawyers appeared before her in court to seek variations to his bail conditions.

“He’ll be serving a significant period in custody if he gets convicted,” she said.

Crown prosecutor Emma Curran mentioned to the court Fainu had a prior conviction for filming someone “in an intimate situation”.

More Coverage​

Manly star Manase Fainu’s plan to get back to NRL NRL star’s rehab stint exposes ‘rife prescription drug use’
She said if Fainu’s curfew conditions are amended there should be a requirement that he must be with his parents if he leaves his house at night.

Judge O’Rourke agreed to reduce Fainu’s reporting to police to three times a week and also ordered that he must be with his mum or dad if he leaves his house between 9pm and 6am.
That's huge news Is it not?
Also if prosecution crosses these guys and they stand up there maybe exsculpertary? evidence that may lead them to conclude there maybe a slim chance of conviction? Weighty legal minds please feel free to examine the brief and opine

That's huge news

That's huge news Is it not?
Also if prosecution crosses these guys and they stand up there maybe exsculpertary? evidence that may lead them to conclude there maybe a slim chance of conviction? Weighty legal minds please feel free to examine the brief and opine
Definitely huge news but let's hope we don't have to wait another 12 months for him to be set free

I'm not sure the protocol on copy and pasting an article so I wont but I suggest people get on that SMH article.

"In a further development, police will treat one of their own witnesses - who allegedly confessed to the stabbing before backflipping - as “unfavourable”."

Police case sounds a shambles from the article

Last edited:
Bigger news to me is its possibly Gaucs brother that committed the crime. There was chatter about some unrest between parts of the western massive currently at the club back in 2020 was there not?

Let's hope whatever happens it doesn't drive a wedge into the playing group.

Bigger news to me is its possibly Gaucs brother that committed the crime. There was chatter about some unrest between parts of the western massive currently at the club back in 2020 was there not?

He hasn't even been charged with that and you can imagine how his trial would go if he was.
Concept of reasonable doubt is all over this case.

Big Guoc is like part of the Fainu family - literally....no issue there

So am I reading things correctly, that the cops are gunning for Fainu and haven’t even bothered interviewing witnesses who contradict their Fainu is guilty stance. Surely they should have/be looking for who actually might have stabbed the guy, are they just being lazy or just blinkered and think Fainu has to prove his innocence instead of being innocent until proven guilty

So am I reading things correctly, that the cops are gunning for Fainu and haven’t even bothered interviewing witnesses who contradict their Fainu is guilty stance. Surely they should have/be looking for who actually might have stabbed the guy, are they just being lazy or just blinkered and think Fainu has to prove his innocence instead of being innocent until proven guilty
Also sounds like Olakau-atu's brother (big buck) was the one who actually did it. Could explain why Fainu doesn't wanna dob in his best mates brother. Hopefully these new witnesses will sort this out asap. Could/would he now ask for a judge only trial? Will the NRL ease the stand down policy in light of the new witnesses? OR will we have to wait another year to prove his innocence?

Bounce of ball going their way not to mention the restarts

Big Guoc is like part of the Fainu family - literally....no issue there

Devils advocate if i was writing a fiction crime novel.

Victim of said stabbing owes money or other stuff to person X.
Person X takes retribution.
No concrete evidence of who did it but Innocent party (who is involved as a side line) gets fingered by bystanders.
Wont roll over on mate so takes the wrap thinking he wont get charged. charged by police and gets serious.
Everyone involved rally around to protect perpetrator and accused with multiple 'new' witnesses and a 'i did it' 'no i didnt' confession by person X.
Goes to court and accused walks free due to reasonable doubt.
Turns out in the end that Parramatta fullback did it by mistake as he was trying to adjust his man bun with his Chinese needles of death.

Best seller me thinks.

Devils advocate if i was writing a fiction crime novel.

Victim of said stabbing owes money or other stuff to person X.
Person X takes retribution.
No concrete evidence of who did it but Innocent party (who is involved as a side line) gets fingered by bystanders.
Wont roll over on mate so takes the wrap thinking he wont get charged. charged by police and gets serious.
Everyone involved rally around to protect perpetrator and accused with multiple 'new' witnesses and a 'i did it' 'no i didnt' confession by person X.
Goes to court and accused walks free due to reasonable doubt.
Turns out in the end that Parramatta fullback did it by mistake as he was trying to adjust his man bun with his Chinese needles of death.

Best seller me thinks.
While Guoc is welcome at the Fainu dinner table, I think they are still getting on well

I can't believe this:
Crown prosecutor Emma Curran mentioned to the court Fainu had a prior conviction for filming someone “in an intimate situation”.
Surely this prior offence is so different in nature to the one his is facing that the prosecutor should be admonished. Fainu possibly has some parking infringements but since when can you sully a person in court with such an inflaming yet irrelevant slur? Isn't there legal standards that the prosecution must follow?

Fainu is charged with the offence
A different person confesses and later recants said confession and is now a prosecution witness
The prosecutions witnesses do not agree on what happened
The prosecutor has told the court of a previous conviction totally unrelated to the current charges
2 people have come forward saying Fainu didn't do it that were never interviewed by the cops.

Have I got that right?

I can't believe this:
Surely this prior offence is so different in nature to the one his is facing that the prosecutor should be admonished. Fainu possibly has some parking infringements but since when can you sully a person in court with such an inflaming yet irrelevant slur? Isn't there legal standards that the prosecution must follow?
Probably just sloppy reporting. I think Fainu asked for his bail conditions to be relaxed a bit, since he was looking at a further 12 month wait to trial. Judge has to consider any prior record on a bail variation, my memory was fainu's other matter was dealt with without conviction, which I suspect the reporter just got the wording wrong, its no big deal and nothing to do with the trial

Fainu is charged with the offence
A different person confesses and later recants said confession and is now a prosecution witness
The prosecutions witnesses do not agree on what happened
The prosecutor has told the court of a previous conviction totally unrelated to the current charges
2 people have come forward saying Fainu didn't do it that were never interviewed by the cops.

Have I got that right?
Something like this. There are 2 more witnesses that apparently heard big bucks confession that police STILL haven't interviewed. Also fainu's case won't be heard until NEXT August. FARK! Nrl wont ever let him play even with this new evidence in my opinion

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10