Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Eels hooker has actually been one of their best players and a big reason they've finished up the ladder. Not sure what his weaknesses are but he has done quite well the times I've seen their games.
Mahoney is decent for sure, although he does seem to throw a lot of forward passes! I just don't think he is as good as the others I mentioned, and think there is a dearth of quality hookers in the comp generally.

He was in the top 5 hookers in the competition - probably 5th granted. I think you greatly underestimate his ability.
Not in my eyes along with the eyes of 150 players anonymously polled in 2019.(in fairness to Fainu that poll may or may not have taken in the whole season)

For a player that has an average passing game, average at best defensive qualities, showed no real kicking game, no leadership qualities, no energy to rush out of dummy half defensively or be one of the leaders in kick chases sometimes, fatigued big time when the intensity was up beat, this is not the attributes of a top 5 hooker.(even for his age and experience)

For the right price Fainu is a keeper, but he most certainly isn't a player worth keeping on the books for 2yrs in the hope he either comes through the court case ok or off the back of "future potential" that i think is well over exaggerated beyond belief.

Plenty of other positions to sure up to make us a premiership threat along with depth before we should worry about a classy dummy half to capitalize on these good foundations.

Many hookers in the competition are making a name for themselves off the back of the team performance not as a result of them being the reason of that up tick in performance---to me this suggests you are better off focusing on other areas and a classy hooker completes the equation.

Not saying a top line hooker is not necessary as they can make a big difference, more a case of getting our priorities "acquisitions/retention" right before worrying about a hooker.

So many hookers have come out of nowhere and did a good job in teams with a good playing roster, along with good playing rosters have adapted well to not having their starting hooker.

Not in my eyes along with the eyes of 150 players anonymously polled in 2019.(in fairness to Fainu that poll may or may not have taken in the whole season)

For a player that has an average passing game, average at best defensive qualities, showed no real kicking game, no leadership qualities, no energy to rush out of dummy half defensively or be one of the leaders in kick chases sometimes, fatigued big time when the intensity was up beat, this is not the attributes of a top 5 hooker.(even for his age and experience)

For the right price Fainu is a keeper, but he most certainly isn't a player worth keeping on the books for 2yrs in the hope he either comes through the court case ok or off the back of "future potential" that i think is well over exaggerated beyond belief.

Plenty of other positions to sure up to make us a premiership threat along with depth before we should worry about a classy dummy half to capitalize on these good foundations.

Many hookers in the competition are making a name for themselves off the back of the team performance not as a result of them being the reason of that up tick in performance---to me this suggests you are better off focusing on other areas and a classy hooker completes the equation.

Not saying a top line hooker is not necessary as they can make a big difference, more a case of getting our priorities "acquisitions/retention" right before worrying about a hooker.

So many hookers have come out of nowhere and did a good job in teams with a good playing roster, along with good playing rosters have adapted well to not having their starting hooker.
Respectfully, I really couldn't disagree with you more on this. I believe there was a clear correlation between Fainu on the field and an increase in team performance. His passing game is much better than you give it credit for, particularly the timing of his passes and his capacity to set up a try or line break at crucial moments in the game. That shows vision, game awareness and an ability to play in the big moments, which in that sense, is a form of leadership. He has a kicking game from his years in the halves and that will come through in time and with encouragement - you could name probably only Smith and Hodgson who kick effectively from that position.

I also think you have it somewhat backwards with your assessment of the position and its influence on the game - particularly now. The hooker touches the ball more than any other player, starts off each play, is required to make the right decision by getting it to the right player at the right time, or go themselves so that the team takes advantage of sloppy markers and/or unstructured defensive lines. They also are best positioned to take advantage of the six again rule - either by drawing the call in the first instance or attacking once it is given. They also need to shore up the ruck defensively. Therefore, I certainly don't see a hooker as the 'cherry on top' so to speak who "completes the equation".

I expect him to be rusty and in need of time to capture form and fitness after a long lay-off if he does come back; however, he has class which can't help but shine through and an ability to read the game well for someone so early in his career.

Lol turn it up. Easily the biggest crock of **** I've read all week

Can I say a top line hooker is better than an average particularly if they charge the same for 40 mins?

I thought that hookers that hang out with teams of players was against the social distancing rules?

Interesting question, probably not but...?
I dont even know if that competition will run, surely it must but I haven't heard anything about that yet.

Players are released to go to other clubs before their contracts are up all the time. Informal conversations between clubs and player managers about who may be available, when, and for what price, must be happening constantly.
I just watched Moneyball for the umpteenth time. Your post is basically the script.

He's a contracted NRL player which is why I assume they wouldn't allow it
I presumed this would be the reason. He is essentially out for all of next season. Why can't we cancel his NRL contract and contract him to BWSE or play some A grade? Yes he would need to be paid from club funds but surely having his full cap available for a fill-in player in the NRL side makes it worth it.
Why didn't St Merge do this with De Bellend?

I presumed this would be the reason. He is essentially out for all of next season. Why can't we cancel his NRL contract and contract him to BWSE or play some A grade? Yes he would need to be paid from club funds but surely having his full cap available for a fill-in player in the NRL side makes it worth it.
Why didn't St Merge do this with De Bellend?
I believe we get compensation (outside of the cap) to be used on a player in the same position. Only problem is, it has to come out of the club's own pocket. Not sure if the Penns are actually doing this or not. If they are, we could essentially be signing Foz for nothing and might be why manly are saying he is being signed as a hooker... Sneaky game play by Des?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8