Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
His contract will not even need to be terminated for binging game into disrepute. The contract is actually conditional to a not guilty judgement. Of course there is an actual clause
Yes; however, his contract, regardless of conditions is also registered with the NRL. A guilty verdict would void his registration. Manly would still be able to make a decision whether to enact the clause in his contract - of course they would as he couldn't play - however, technically that is between the contracted parties. The point being, regardless of this he would void his NRL registration - nailed on both fronts.

Let's hope he is in fact innocent.

Based on the influence he had on our team he would easily be ranked top 3 or 4 hookers

Based on the fact he couldnt earn a starting position at his club side we might be overstating his ability compared to his potential.

Agree he was often the turning point in our matches but is long way from Smith, Cook, McInnes, Friend (Radley/Verrils) & co.

Based on the fact he couldnt earn a starting position at his club side we might be overstating his ability compared to his potential.

Agree he was often the turning point in our matches but is long way from Smith, Cook, McInnes, Friend (Radley/Verrils) & co.
Agree long way if Smith and Cook at this stage of his career but already showed he can be a real future star. As for the others you mentioned, Faniu will be a lot better than the lot of them imo.

I had not considered the caveat as mentioned above regarding contractual agreements and the conditions included. In that I may be mistaken. However as pointed out Manly entered a contractual agreement after knowing of the pending trial. A contract preceding that incident, such as you are alluding to with Jamil, would probably have grounds for dismissal. A contract signed in full knowledge of that trial is a different proposition. On the surface of it unless there is a clause relating to that trial in his contract, Manly may well be bound to honour the contract. Not being a solicitor or knowing what the contract states I cannot say either way. But its an unusual case, and as I said it is not covered as far as I could read in normal RL contracts. If there is no such clause, Fainu could potentially sue if Manly seek to cancel to contract. Its further evidence that they know something we don't know about this case.
If there is no clause than that would be plain dumb by Manly!! Surely the NRL wouldn't register it anyway.

I think I have a pretty good understanding of footy and in my opinion Fainu is in line with Grant, behind Smith and Cook...
Friend/Radley/Verrils??? Um not even close to what Fainu offers to Manly

I am not a lawyer; however, my previous line of work makes me familiar with the nature of contracts (although, each contract is different in their particular stipulations). I have also had association as a third party with the NRL which afforded me familiarity with related aspects of this discussion (not specifically concerning Fainu); although, the details of which would not be appropriate for me to discuss.

You may well be right concerning Manly's confidence and that of other teams that he might get off. There were reported 'facts' that seemed implausible to me which would work in Fainu's favour. Remembering that he had major surgery on his shoulder which resulted in his arm in a sling at the time which would have seen him miss the entire season or close to it. One might speculate that it would prove very difficult for someone in that condition to be involved in the physical nature of what is alleged and subsequently charged with. All speculation though, we will have to wait and see.
A sling is a great place to hide a weapon.
Don't ask how I know these things.

So going by the above list at least 7 better than stabby cat then? See what I did there? Stabby... and cat like tabby and he's a bit of a cool cat on insta... ok I'm trying too hard.... anyway.

While I'm pissed at the trouble the kid has bought to our clubs door there is little doubt had he continued his rise and development he would have been top 3 easily by now.

Bit different in that this kid is special and we already know that. If he gets through his court case he'll make players like Mr Plod, Craig Field etc look like amateurs. Its a recruitment gamble but not because of lack of talent or not recognising the talent which I agree sometimes Manly have blundered over with their recruitment. He's worth the risk even though I suspect the risk is not as great as seems.

So going by the above list at least 7 better than stabby cat then? See what I did there? Stabby... and cat like tabby and he's a bit of a cool cat on insta... ok I'm trying too hard.... anyway.

While I'm pissed at the trouble the kid has bought to our clubs door there is little doubt had he continued his rise and development he would have been top 3 easily by now.

You make me laugh, like i mean really like.

Yeah agree blessed with potential but playing in the Long Bay Nines tournament aint helping us make the 8.

Craig Field , oh don’t worry there’s a long list

If Field didnt kick the field goal in 1997 Prelim final vs Chooks we don't play Newcastle in the GF that year. He played a major role to the week before in our demolition of Newcastle.

He actually had a great final series that year and to perform at that highest level is something many cant do.

He is often bagged on here but in 1997 he was very very good. I actually thought he was ok in 1998 too.

It went south in 99.

From Wackos Whispers, as suggested on here also!

Ex-Eels rookie hooker Kyle Schneider is on Sea Eagles radar for 2021
That's as good as a done deal to me. Good depth and back up option if Fainu is sent behind bars. This kid has a lot of people singing his praises.
Foran, Davey confirmed
Ben T now in top 30, id say Sione Fainu will follow.
Garner
Saab
Tupouniua
This Schneider just about completes the top 30. Good looking squad in my opinion. Good mix of experience and young guns

That's as good as a done deal to me. Good depth and back up option if Fainu is sent behind bars. This kid has a lot of people singing his praises.
Foran, Davey confirmed
Garner
Saab
Tupouniua
This Schneider just about completes the top 30. Good looking squad in my opinion. Good mix of experience and young guns
That would be huge if we could make the Tupouinua signing happen + if Schneider works out as our dummy half/dummy half backup. I doubt the likelihood of Saab + Tupouinua but all in all if this happened it would be excellent recruitment imo. All improvements on 2020 w/ players like Harper, Olakautau, Schuster also looking to have big seasons, potentially add Cust and Burbo.

Once again, a big if. But if this happens we are getting rid of blowhorns of AFB and Waddell, then bringing in class w/ Davey, Tupouinua, Foran and youth that have a lot to prove.

Foran, Davey confirmed
Garner
Saab
Tupouniua
Nice to see a fresh new look squad . The same players that were used in our team week after week thrashing after thrashing got a bit boring . This is why fans want to see some new players in our squad . To take away from last seasons nightmare thrashings

Foran, Davey confirmed
Garner
Saab
Tupouniua
Do you know much about him, does he have speed to burn?

Asked this question earlier but had no replies. So I’ll try again.

I have no idea how the court system works but is there any chance his trial date can be brought forward ? Do they just plonk cases in the next available date ? Seems like a long time to wait.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10