Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Totally understandable, can be hard at times to keep track of all the NRL alleged rapists :eek:
Lol

Yeah I knew they’d folded on something , must admit I don’t really give a **** about either of those players so I’m not surprised I got confused as I literally just turn off whenever they are mentioned.

Hayne has only had 2, the third is yet to come.
He was charged in September 2018, and first trial was in December 2020, 27 months later
Fainu was charged in October 2019, his trial is in July, which will be almost 33 months later. The Covid delays would account for the further 6 months delay for Fainu.
For Hayne's second trial all the lengthy pre-trial stuff was already done so it was quicker because they simply needed to get a date.
As I noted previously, the trial delays in the District Court were already scandalously long even before Covid. The govt actually reformed some of the pre-trial procedures in 2018 hoping to speed things up a tad

Snail GIF by MotoGP

It's the lawyers!!! (lol)

Listening to the Depp v Heard trial and one lawyer ask 300 questions about muffins was errr... illuminating (tis on youtube)

Anyway... Hopefully this means no one else behaves in a way that gets them stood down. (or framed)

Listening to the Depp v Heard trial and one lawyer ask 300 questions about muffins was errr... illuminating (tis on youtube)
Haven't followed it other than the odd headline but... taking this **** into open court (and hence to the whole world) in the hope of restoring one's good reputation...?? Lol, in hindsight might have been the wrong option, just slightly @:D
Might have to call him Johnny Derp from now on

what are you thinking vivica a fox GIF by Lifetime

Haven't followed it other than the odd headline but... taking this **** into open court (and hence to the whole world) in the hope of restoring one's good reputation...?? Lol, in hindsight might have been the wrong option, just slightly @:D
Might have to call him Johnny Derp from now on

what are you thinking vivica a fox GIF by Lifetime
Biggest (and longest) audition of their lives! Whomever does the best performance, gets the lollies!

When is Fainu due in court? DT story on Segyaro says May 27??

Lachlan Croker has been Manly’s starting hooker this season. Picture: Getty The Sea Eagles brought Segeyaro in as extra cover after Karl Lawton was suspended for four weeks for a dangerous throw. Sidelined hooker Manase Fainu is back in court on May 27. Fainu has been stood down under the NRL’s no-fault policy since 2019 after he was charged for allegedly stabbing someone. Fainu was set to be Manly’s long-term hooker before the incident.

Probably just a routine pre-trial call-over mention, for parties to confirm to the judge that everything will be ready to roll on day 1 of the trial in July

Obviously the link between youth gangs and rugby league continues to be a big problem in Western Sydney, and as we know Western Sydney is very much involved with Manly these days.
Rather than start a new thread I put the link here, after all Manase is alleged to be caught up in violence in western Sydney.
Very important to get any gang connections out of junior league, not necessarily easy though.

Obviously the link between youth gangs and rugby league continues to be a big problem in Western Sydney, and as we know Western Sydney is very much involved with Manly these days.
Rather than start a new thread I put the link here, after all Manase is alleged to be caught up in violence in western Sydney.
Very important to get any gang connections out of junior league, not necessarily easy though.
It’s a real worry I must say.

I'm still struggling to understand this. We're 2 and half years since the incident and stand down of Mase. Why the fuk have we not recruited a proper hooker in that time. We knew by late 2020 that this was going to drag on. We should've been going hard off-season 20/21 to recruit a hooker but we've done fuking nothing. This club has just gone to sh*t at every turn.

I'm still struggling to understand this. We're 2 and half years since the incident and stand down of Mase. Why the fuk have we not recruited a proper hooker in that time. We knew by late 2020 that this was going to drag on. We should've been going hard off-season 20/21 to recruit a hooker but we've done fuking nothing. This club has just gone to sh*t at every turn.
Not saying it has been successful but we have recruited Levi, Lawton, Segeyaro.

I feel your pain and feel this situation is really holding the team back.

Froggy is solid but not dominant or game influencing.

Manase's trial is slated for mid to late July, if found not guilty, and it's looking that way. He should take the NRL to the cleaners.

The Manly club will be fined by the NRL if they acuse them of bias. The NRL are doing there best, but do make mistakes in screwing Manly

It's unbelievable that he still can't play after all these years. His career is literally over. He was heading towards signing a huge contract that would have set him up. Such a talent that has been extinguished. The NRL better hope he IS guilty. If not, surely he would sue. Loss of earnings, reputations and sponsorships. It will be a few million.

Out of interest and with the understanding of what Snake said about having no money, who would you have recruited?

I’m no fan of Croker. But with no cash, who’s out there that we could have bought?

We haven’t had a big name signing for sometime, so interested to see who your targets would have been other than the cheaper utility versions which the club has already tried.

Honest question too. Not being smart. Just interested.
Another valid question is, which FG hooker would have signed with us knowing that, if Manase is found not-guilty, Manase would likely be first choice no.9?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8