Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
His lawyer chose a jury trial, otherwise it would have been completed ages ago.

Clearly his lawyer believes he has more chance with a jury than a single judge, due to conflicting evidence.

The problem is, that like Hayne and De Belin, he may end up with a ‘hung jury’ and he has to go through it all again, some 12 to 18 months later.

Will Manly support him? Of course they will.

For pity’s sake, let’s end this saga and move on.
We need to breed, build in a lab, buy, borrow or steal a quality 9.

Can you choose a judge only trial ?? and if so can they be processed quicker ??

If you are so confident of your innocence why not just get the trial over and done with - jury or no jury
YEs since Covid trashed the trial timetable (which was already a disgrace anyway) more people have applied for judge alone and it would have been quite a lot sooner.
However being confident you are innocent is not the same as being confident you will win a trial. With so much riding on the outcome, as @rmd says his lawyers advised him not to waive his right to a jury trial. In almost all cases a jury is preferable simply because it is harder for the prosecution to persuade 12 people you are guilty than to persuade only one.

And some people assume judges are smart and good at assessing witnesses and evidence, and maybe some of them are fairly shrewd, but others are definitely not, and all of them, being human, have their own personal prejudices etc. And you can't be sure which judge you will have till the trial starts. The jury system exists for a reason, I'd certainly go with a jury if my freedom was on the line.

His lawyer chose a jury trial, otherwise it would have been completed ages ago.

Clearly his lawyer believes he has more chance with a jury than a single judge, due to conflicting evidence.

The problem is, that like Hayne and De Belin, he may end up with a ‘hung jury’ and he has to go through it all again, some 12 to 18 months later.

Will Manly support him? Of course they will.
I would have to say that his contract has expired, I doubt it very much that we are still paying his full contract money, probably just a token minimum amount until we are able to register anew contract, if found not guilty

I read somewhere he was on $1000 a week train and trial deal
I would have to say that his contract has expired, I doubt it very much that we are still paying his full contract money, probably just a token minimum amount until we are able to register anew contract, if found not guilty
I r

I still can’t understand why Hayne gets 3 trials before fainu gets one. Both crimes are serious.
Hayne has only had 2, the third is yet to come.
He was charged in September 2018, and first trial was in December 2020, 27 months later
Fainu was charged in October 2019, his trial is in July, which will be almost 33 months later. The Covid delays would account for the further 6 months delay for Fainu.
For Hayne's second trial all the lengthy pre-trial stuff was already done so it was quicker because they simply needed to get a date.
As I noted previously, the trial delays in the District Court were already scandalously long even before Covid. The govt actually reformed some of the pre-trial procedures in 2018 hoping to speed things up a tad

Snail GIF by MotoGP

Maybe it has been recently mentioned or confirmed but what is that state of his shoulder issues. Also if he is still training with the main squad and all of the rigors there . Providing his fitness level has stayed at a reasonable level , no reason why he could not resume his career as a Sea Eagle and still have his good footy ability . Surely something definite will emerge from his hopeful trial in some months and if favorable and again with his previous shoulder issues , certainly hope that he can return Manly 's patience and goodwill in spades on the field .

He was charged in September 2018, and first trial was in December 2020, 27 months later
Fainu was charged in October 2019, his trial is in July, which will be almost 33 months later. The Covid delays would account for the further 6 months delay for Fainu.
For Hayne's second trial all the lengthy pre-trial stuff was already done so it was quicker because they simply needed to get a date.
As I noted previously, the trial delays in the District Court were already scandalously long even before Covid. The govt actually reformed some of the pre-trial procedures in 2018 hoping to speed things up a tad

Snail GIF by MotoGP
The stand down policy really needs to be adjusted. He should be at least allowed to play NSW Cup or something.

Snail GIF by MotoGP
So there's going to be a third Hayne trial, I thought the prosecution capitulated???

Maybe it has been recently mentioned or confirmed but what is that state of his shoulder issues. Also if he is still training with the main squad and all of the rigors there . Providing his fitness level has stayed at a reasonable level , no reason why he could not resume his career as a Sea Eagle and still have his good footy ability . Surely something definite will emerge from his hopeful trial in some months and if favorable and again with his previous shoulder issues , certainly hope that he can return Manly 's patience and goodwill in spades on the field .
He will certainly owe a bit if and when he does because they have stood behind him throughout

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8