Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As a reminder about his shoulder surgery, here's an excerpt from the Fainu's interview/article (in Latu's thread) following Latu's signing in mid November:

"There has been another impediment to Fainu’s immediate return. The hooker has had ongoing complications with a shoulder injury that will require further surgeries.
“I’ve got to go in for another op at the end of the month,” he (Manase) said. “Then two weeks after that I’ve got to get another one for the front of my shoulder, so it’s a four-week process to do this.”

Prior to reading this, I'd almost written him off but this interview confirmed it. He can't possibly come back anywhere near the player he was after 4 operations and 3 years out, and who's to say he may need even more surgery...

I get that we're persevering with Manase to secure his talented brothers but we need to move on imho and find another hooker.
Agree

Look he might get back but highly unlikely he’ll be as good as he was.

Was that by his surgeon or a mate?
Neither.

He may well play again, but there are serious concerns that he won't because his shoulder is unstable and just keeps popping out time and time again. We saw Michael Morgan retire because there was just no coming back for him. It's a complex joint and it can degrade to a point where it's never the same again.

Neither.

He may well play again, but there are serious concerns that he won't because his shoulder is unstable and just keeps popping out time and time again. We saw Michael Morgan retire because there was just no coming back for him. It's a complex joint and it can degrade to a point where it's never the same again.
Had a mate of mine whos shoulder would pop out all the time. Surgery after surgery wouldn't fix it to the point he stopped getting surgery and used to just pop it back in during a game and keep playing. Needless to say he is not in such a good way now.

Wow this is terrible news and so unfortunate if true. He is such a great player and could well become one of the games best hookers.
I really hope he gets back on the park and at full fitness because he is truely a very special player.
Fingers, toes, arms and eyes are crossed he recovers

As a reminder about his shoulder surgery, here's an excerpt from the Fainu's interview/article (in Latu's thread) following Latu's signing in mid November:

"There has been another impediment to Fainu’s immediate return. The hooker has had ongoing complications with a shoulder injury that will require further surgeries.
“I’ve got to go in for another op at the end of the month,” he (Manase) said. “Then two weeks after that I’ve got to get another one for the front of my shoulder, so it’s a four-week process to do this.”

Prior to reading this, I'd almost written him off but this interview confirmed it. He can't possibly come back anywhere near the player he was after 4 operations and 3 years out, and who's to say he may need even more surgery...

I get that we're persevering with Manase to secure his talented brothers but we need to move on imho and find another hooker
You're last sentence kinda says it all Alinda, "persevering with Manase to secure his talented brothers" it's a package deal with the Fainu's, buy one (Manase), secure 3 talented brothers for the future.

I get that we're persevering with Manase to secure his talented brothers but we need to move on imho and find another hooker.
It is the best time to get surgery done when you are not able to play,it's not uncommon for players to have major surgery then go back for small adjustment surgery,he is young and still has 7months before he can play so plenty of time to be physically fit,he hasn't played for 3 yrs but the way they train these days he would be keeping up to speed with the game ,Des and the team would be making sure he is ready,we have Croker, Lawton who can do a good job but he has to get sorted out this season or we will have to go in a different direction

What is this idiot doing?

Attachments

• 20211206_195411.jpg
    20211206_195411.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 240
His best mate is Moses Suli so he is probably wearing his mate's hat as a gag but it's really not that dissimilar to the furore over Kikau wearing a Dogs singlet.

I know Manase is having another shoulder operation in two weeks on the same shoulder, just in a different section. Manly are involved in the process so don't think he is off to the Dragons lol.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6