Manase Fainu - Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Here is one thing I find a bit strange about the whole group and one of the others not taking the fall. Fainu probably had the greatest earning potential out of that group (yes I am generalising and making assumptions) - and in a lot if cases people like that fund whole families and groups of people. Was it just so clear it was him that it wasn't worth it for one of the others to try and take the fall?
I'm not sure adding perjury to the list of charges is a good idea

I thought he was cooked the minute he admitted it was him with a towel over his head…
I’m sorry, but if your headache is that bad that you need a damp towel around your melon, then your not driving your mates around Sydney… your not scaling fences to get money back..
Did he have a towel on his head when he was in the church the first time, or did the headache happen suddenly when they left the premises to park offsite then sneak in over the back fence???
Stupid stupid stupid

I thought we should have cut him for the alleged sex crime after his first nrl game.. talk about idiotic timing.. but to see the club waste the next 3 years with an average halfback trying his best to play hooker, the real losers in all of this are the fans who have had to suffer thru the last 3 years of utter crap…

And if we kept him on the payroll to keep the younger brothers happy and at manly, well that backfired too didn’t it when one left this year???

Again… stupid

Here is one thing I find a bit strange about the whole group and one of the others not taking the fall. Fainu probably had the greatest earning potential out of that group (yes I am generalising and making assumptions) - and in a lot if cases people like that fund whole families and groups of people. Was it just so clear it was him that it wasn't worth it for one of the others to try and take the fall?
He did it!! No one else! He is guilty !

Re the Appeal and asking as I have no idea
-would it be just in front of another judge or judges ,so no Juries ?
-you have to have grounds for an appeal i.e a process ignored or the evidence(new)
-what would be the basis i.e perverse verdict must mean something particular re a decision
-and the $64 question , how long approximately till you could get a judge(s) to hear said appeal
-I dont know but I would assume a new jury trial would be out of the question and take forever to be heard like another 3 years .Although DeBelins re trial was quite quick ,but that was hung jury V unanimous decision
Anyway still shocked and gutted re this decision and perplexed given no weapon dna etc
Again based on my 3 or 4 years or legal studies and what I remember in the 26 years or so that have past it depends.
From the public reports and not the transcripts his barrister is appealing on grounds of "a perverse verdict"

Which essentially is heard without jury and is designed to put the jury verdict aside.

Essentially there are 3 possible things that fall under this but I don't remember them specifically. It's something like the verdict was given despite there being a lack of evidence, there was some other issue with the decision or any other error in law.

Again I'm not a lawyer and it's been a long time since I spent anytime reading up on this so it's all fuzzy memory but that's not a retrial so it won't be heard in front of jury, it's now an argument on legal matters and facts of the case and not the vibe.

If it was a UK based case we could argue the vibe on this.

The reactions on here are pretty interesting.

My favorite are the posters quoting some form of evidence that would have "cleared" him that his highly paid legal help missed.
They maybe a highly payed legal team. But they fuucked up letting Manase take the stand to provide the diatribe about the towel and the fence/gate option. As a defence that was as weak as piss imo.

Again based on my 3 or 4 years or legal studies and what I remember in the 26 years or so that have past it depends.
From the public reports and not the transcripts his barrister is appealing on grounds of "a perverse verdict"

Which essentially is heard without jury and is designed to put the jury verdict aside.

Essentially there are 3 possible things that fall under this but I don't remember them specifically. It's something like the verdict was given despite there being a lack of evidence, there was some other issue with the decision or any other error in law.

Again I'm not a lawyer and it's been a long time since I spent anytime reading up on this so it's all fuzzy memory but that's not a retrial so it won't be heard in front of jury, it's now an argument on legal matters and facts of the case and not the vibe.

If it was a UK based case we could argue the vibe on this.

They maybe a highly payed legal team. But they fuucked up letting Manase take the stand to provide the diatribe about the towel and the fence/gate option. As a defence that was as weak as piss imo.
Based on what?

I did not see a transcript or any substantive reporting - how would anyone know what actually went on?

Based on what?

I did not see a transcript or any substantive reporting - how would anyone know what actually went on?
My I-pads playing up. This is the best I can offer atm.

richard roxburgh wig GIF by Acorn TV

Oh Boy Omg GIF by Acorn TV

Cleaver green most definitely would have this case sorted by now

I am not legally trained but when they are appealing purely based on legal error or judge error as seems to be the case here.... the chances of success in those appeals I would suggest are very very much reduced.
Yes pretty much. Superior courts do not reexamine witnesses or take new evidence (other than in exceptional circumstances), they go off the transcript of what occurred in the trial and for that reason are always very reluctant to simply second guess juries, who have had the significant benefit of eyeballing witnesses and observing their demeanour up close. Based on the (limited) reporting of this case the jury clearly believed the prosecution witnesses. It appears they were not contradicted by any other evidence aside from Manase's own evidence, which even some Manly fans here found very unconvincing.

If the Court of Criminal Appeal even decides to hear the appeal it would be many months before that happens, in the meantime Manase will be sentenced and I expect will await developments from inside a jail cell.

The swagger that Fainu walked with on the cctv footage with his towel…cringe. What a hero 👎

you don't understand just how tough he is. Lol

i have mates who work at the local jail, and they all tell me the amount of crying and sobbing that goes on in the isolation cells (everyone does the first 14 days in solitary due to Covid) is stunning. But tattood bikies who bashed everyone on the streets down to the blue collar crims they all cry for nights missing their mummies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6