Manase D Day

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. One of the many aspects I don't like about the court system is that it is gives barristers a platform to showboat and try to show how clever they are. They can ask smart-arsed question but the witness can't respond in such a way or else they'll be told "I ask the questions here" and the judge/magistrate will reprimand them and tell them to "stick to the facts, not your opinion."

Is this in real life or on TV shows?

I was a jurer on a murder trail and your betrayal couldn't be further from the truth. The barristers were extremely professional and asked very detailed questions.

Is this in real life or on TV shows?

I was a jurer on a murder trail and your betrayal couldn't be further from the truth. The barristers were extremely professional and asked very detailed questions.
I was a court reporter in my early career so this is my recollection.

Crying out loud ER, the victim doesn't know who stabbed him, said it was dark couldn't see and said he doesn't know if Fainu was the one who stabbed him !!. And as far as the witnesses go, very shady characters with shady testimonies to say the least. And we had to wait nearly 3 yrs for these revelations to finally come out now. The NRL need to compensate Fainu for legal expenses and lost earnings at the very least when they find him not guilty.
The victim may not have seen who stabbed him… but that is not to say that someone else didn’t.

Pretty damning if the witness is seen to be reliable:
Screenshot_20220728-130431_Samsung Internet.jpg

Source:

Certainly not a place for the feint hearted, those bastards can fck with your mind to the point where you can even doubt your own memories, it's a very intimidating place to be unless you're on the side of the prosecution. That said, ten years ago I had to fight for my grand kids in the family court and my previous experience gave me more confidence than I ever believed I was capable of, I took them on and won, the judge was against me from the outset but because of my tenacity, dogged persistence and new found investigative skills I was able to eventually win the day, wouldn't want to go through it again though, it completely consumed me for almost 12 months, but in the end it was worth every minute
Good for you Ron. Well done!
The strangest thing about my experience was that it was a wrongful dismissal brought against the Education Dept.
I was really surprised to be called as a witness by the dismissed woman because I knew her to be extremely unprofessional and wasn’t surprised at all she’s been let go - very hard to do in the public school system.
For some reason, the barrister decided to take the tack that because I was no longer teaching, I clearly had an axe to grind against the whole department.
If he’d just asked me questions about her teaching, punctuality, and stuff she said about students, he would have had a slam dunk.
So she won her case against the department, even though she was a rubbish teacher 🤷‍♀️

Pretty damning if the witness is seen to be reliable:
View attachment 21749

Source:

Interestingly the link on the SMH home page is:

One of the Manly seven at court to support accused church dance stabber.

So. Yeah. Good.

So he said it was definitely him in court but in his witness statement he said he was not sure. Hmm, interesting.
I guess if there is 2 witnesses testimony that Cuneneen can’t cast doubt on then that’s not good but let’s see I guess
This witness somewhat contradicts the victim’s evidence

I have a friend in the largal paternity, do not trust the legal system. Judges, barristers lawyers. They all cohort together after hours and discus who owes who what. DO NOT TRUST COPS OR THE LEGALS. They will eat you up and spit you out.

I understand your cynicism N67, but its not quite as bad as that, although there are issues that I have found problematic.

Understand firstly I had extensive experience in the Local, District, Supreme, Parole and Industrial Courts over a 34 year period. The system we have I suspect is the best available at this stage. Certainly its important to remember that those involved in the court system are people, with their own biases. Unavoidable. And certainly discussions go on behind in chambers and outside court. I've been in very many of those discussions with magistrates, solicitors and police prosecutors as well as the Crown. But in the vast majority of cases its not with any negative colluding intended. Often its to clarify matters away from the formality of court room protocols.

Certainly a police officer's word has a strong influence in the court, but generally they do their job in as honestly as they can. There are bad cops but they are a minority. Certainly having a top barrister assists your case and I often said to some of my clients that sometimes justice is what you can afford.

But generally from what I've seen, the courts get it right, mainly because the evidence is conclusive. Same with trial matters. Sometimes though they get it wrong and I've met a few in gaol, not many but some, I'm convinced were innocent. The courts arent perfect but for the most part they arent corrupt.. By the way I was a parole officer if you're wondering.

Sorry that happened to you. I only ever had to go to court once as a witness from a workplace I'd left years before. Holy ****, the barrister from the other side decided the best tactic was to savage me and hopefully somehow trip me up in my evidence about which I cared not a jot tbh. The tactic didn't work but I still remember the venom. It was nasty but clearly, for him, all in a days work.
Did you get your jot anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10