Manase D Day

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
I’m not a lawyer,obviously,but if this is one of the victims statements,how does a case get this far,am I missing something or is the “smoking gun” still to come?Is it any wonder courts get clogged up
Ask Brett Stewart. After the accusation against him in 2009, there were reports within a week of the alleged incident of no Stewart DNA on the alleged victim, despite her and her father’s claim that Stewart had touched her inappropriately.

Despite that, it played out through the police/judicial system for another 18 months.

Last edited:

Red Pill

Enthusiastic Amateur
Will let the process take care of it self before commenting on the perceived outcome.

If he is innocent and plays next year he maybe able to take over from Dylan Walkers role.

eagleron

Bencher
Per
You would not think so but who knows? How big was the fence? What were the footholds? Did someone assist him?How pissed was he? (drunk and angry)
Unless the witness has a reason to misidentify him it is pretty hard to show 'it was the other bloke in the sling'
Perhaps the witness has/had an ulterior motive, Cunneen I'm sure will press this person on background, association etc, it wouldn't be the first time a witness has been motivated by a grudge, jealousy or bad blood, a lot of these young blokes see themselves as gangsters, I can remember Fainu and AFB posting gangster sh1t on social media and what happened at the Church dance is not unusual when two of these 'gangs' come together in a social setting so anything is possible

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Is this Big Buck ??

1658967111975.png

Eagle 1

First Grader
Agreed, I'm becoming cautiously optimistic
Crying out loud ER, the victim doesn't know who stabbed him, said it was dark couldn't see and said he doesn't know if Fainu was the one who stabbed him !!. And as far as the witnesses go, very shady characters with shady testimonies to say the least. And we had to wait nearly 3 yrs for these revelations to finally come out now. The NRL need to compensate Fainu for legal expenses and lost earnings at the very least when they find him not guilty.

eagleron

Bencher
Crying out loud ER, the victim doesn't know who stabbed him, said it was dark couldn't see and said he doesn't know if Fainu was the one who stabbed him !!. And as far as the witnesses go, very shady characters with shady testimonies to say the least. And we had to wait nearly 3 yrs for these revelations to finally come out now. The NRL need to compensate Fainu for legal expenses and lost earnings at the very least when they find him not guilty.
Having been royally rooted by the legal system myself I'd rather wait for the outcome than predict it, particularly in a jury trial, we can only hope that the jurers feel the same as we do although they won't be wearing the same rose coloured glasses as most of us🙂

There's a lot of fatists on this site.
As a fan I like knowing whats going on ... I don't care how fat anyone is in their own time but its clearly in everyone's interest for him to be fit because if he was and he beats the case he'd slot straight into Blacktown Workers and be an outside chance for Manly this year

For reference Jack de Belin was back in NSW cup 2 days after the charges were dropped

Last edited:

WiseyEagle

Reserve Grader
Saw him front on, unobstructed view last night on the news. He has certainly bulked up over the last 3 years. Not sure about the lighting speed and mobility that was then will be there now?

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Having been royally rooted by the legal system myself I'd rather wait for the outcome than predict it, particularly in a jury trial, we can only hope that the jurers feel the same as we do although they won't be wearing the same rose coloured glasses as most of us🙂
Sorry that happened to you. I only ever had to go to court once as a witness from a workplace I'd left years before. Holy ****, the barrister from the other side decided the best tactic was to savage me and hopefully somehow trip me up in my evidence about which I cared not a jot tbh. The tactic didn't work but I still remember the venom. It was nasty but clearly, for him, all in a days work.

The Who

Journey Man
Sorry that happened to you. I only ever had to go to court once as a witness from a workplace I'd left years before. Holy ****, the barrister from the other side decided the best tactic was to savage me and hopefully somehow trip me up in my evidence about which I cared not a jot tbh. The tactic didn't work but I still remember the venom. It was nasty but clearly, for him, all in a days work.
Yes. One of the many aspects I don't like about the court system is that it is gives barristers a platform to showboat and try to show how clever they are. They can ask smart-arsed question but the witness can't respond in such a way or else they'll be told "I ask the questions here" and the judge/magistrate will reprimand them and tell them to "stick to the facts, not your opinion."

eagleron

Bencher
Certainly not a place for the feint hearted, those bastards can fck with your mind to the point where you can even doubt your own memories, it's a very intimidating place to be unless you're on the side of the prosecution. That said, ten years ago I had to fight for my grand kids in the family court and my previous experience gave me more confidence than I ever believed I was capable of, I took them on and won, the judge was against me from the outset but because of my tenacity, dogged persistence and new found investigative skills I was able to eventually win the day, wouldn't want to go through it again though, it completely consumed me for almost 12 months, but in the end it was worth every minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18