Manaise Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Hey I’m not an Api bagger guys . It’s judt that modern day bookers need all the skills and this kids got them. Api on the bench has a tick from me. Wholehearted player but jjust doesn’t have the kick and pass of the other guy, but he lifts his team mates in spades.

I’m just so happy to see Manly rolling again.As we all are .The whole week in every regard was a great success. Christchurch brought the best out of everyone.

Let’s be honest
Sue called it last week and got shot down, but Fainu is a gun....we mess around too long with Friend injured every second week....Roosters offer 1.2 a season and we lose potentially a Top 3 dummy half in the NRL.
The kid is a gun
Show me where he got shot down?
I know there was robust debate over Fainu and Api.
I said then, and I’ll say it again. It’s not one or the other , it is
sharing the hooking duties for the betterment of the team.
Api on first 20,then Fainu. Repeat depending on the game.
Look at the Braily brothers for the Sharks. One is more dominant in defence than the other.
But it didn’t stop Jayden from ripping into the middle of the Cowboys tonight setting up tries.
This notion that it’s one or the other is hogwash.
We have the perfect opportunity to have two similar styled players that we can interchange and
with continued offloads from our forwards keep the opposition on the back foot and run them ragged. Then you’ve
got them darting out and engaging the tired A defenders, and putting it on a platter for Tommy or DCE up the gutz.
We can have the best of both worlds.

Last edited:
Show me where he got shot down?
I know there was robust debate over Fainu and Api.
I said then, and I’ll say it again. It’s not one or the other , it is
sharing the hooking duties for the betterment of the team.
Api on first 20,then Fainu. Repeat depending on the game.
Look at the Bailey brothers for the Sharks. One is more dominant in defence than the other.
But it didn’t stop Jayden from ripping into the middle of the Cowboys tonight setting up tries.
This notion that it’s one or the other is hogwash.
We have the perfect opportunity to have two similar styled players that we can interchange and
with continued offloads from our forwards keep the opposition on the back foot and run them ragged. Then you’ve
got them darting out and engaging the tired A defenders, and putting it on a platter for Tommy or DCE up the gutz.
We can have the best of both worlds.
You can do the triple check on the Exact call
In a nutshell Sue called for Fainu to be the dummy half at Manly and I agree 100%
No need for a long winded reason why or to try dog out a whole hearted Api who can bust out some of the best defence you will find.....fact is Fainu ignites the Manly attack and if this side wants be top 8 - Exactly what is needed.

That’s your opinion. And your entitled to it. Short-sightedness can’t be helped.
I spose it’s not in your agenda to mention Api doing his bit of igniting the side in the first thirty, plus his defence. That wouldn’t fit the bill.Anyway I give up, the sheep will follow no matter.
Api defended well and I think that was mentioned in my post.
Fact is Fainu lit it up....again..... and has more effect on building momentum through the middle, which in effect helps DCE and Tommy T get into the game on the front foot.
Anyways- was a good win - we can agree on that part.

There was a point in the game which I did think was interesting, and to an extent gives justification as to why fainu doesn’t start. I think fainu is absolutely brilliant and gives us exceptional service from dummy half, yet we need to remember he is still so fresh, wed just received our penalty in our own end, fainu grabbed the ball smiled and stood there having a little joke, cherry was screaming for the ball to kick it down field, Marty walked over ripped the ball out of his hands and through it to chez, now don’t get me wrong in the scheme of things and with the score line it meant zero, but did show his immaturity in my opinion in the game. On that note Marty I believe is right on top of these Polynesian kids and is a great asset to have!!

This may have been mentioned already, but just thinking with Elgey not quite setting the world on fire, how about giving Fainu a run at 5/8 at times.
Hes got all the required skills - running, kicking, passing. I think hes better suited there then Api who's been tried with mixed results.
Just saying as an option at back end of games that way you can have Api on the field too to sure up the defence.
Obviously injuries and form through the season will have a say on the final makeup of the team..

He is light years ahead of both in talent. I love Matty but he couldn’t do what his kid does.
Let’s hope the kid has Mattys ticker. We are about to find out

For mine there has been no better defensive hooker in the game than Matty Ballin. But while his service from dummy half was also high quality, he didn't need to be as good in attack as what we've seen from Fainu, not when we had strike power all over the park like Snake, Robbo, Wolfman, Killer, Skivvy, Foz, DCE, Ox, Gifty and Choc.

BTW, just for those saying that Api is a better defender than Fainu.....while that may be true, Manase didn't take a backward step yesterday, especially early in the second half where they were basically just running big forwards at our line. He can definitely hold his own defensively.

Fainu is very good .... and will be for a decade to come ....

But some of you need to re watch the opening 20 mins of that game .... against fresh 1st string props .... we were making 70m every set and Api was ripping them a new one ... and then sitting them on their arse in defense ....

Both or either will do me ... no need to put one down to lift the other up ...

i honestly think we could put fainu at 9 and api at 6, with cust at 14 considering elgey played pretty average.
im not sure if i have seen someone look at comfortable and calm with the ball in hand as fainu looks. He's so cool calm and collected when doing things like running at the line and passing the ball

Only disagreed because no way in hell should Api play in the halves.

Fainu is very good .... and will be for a decade to come ....

But some of you need to re watch the opening 20 mins of that game .... against fresh 1st string props .... we were making 70m every set and Api was ripping them a new one ... and then sitting them on their arse in defense ....

Both or either will do me ... no need to put one down to lift the other up ...
Good point . They both add value to our team

I think the issue is can Fainu play at that elevated intensity in attack for 80 minutes if he is also doing all that defensive work ? He played a couple of games last season for pretty much the full 80 minutes, but can't remember how he was travelling impact wise at end of the games. Not all teams carry two hookers, Roosters and Storm made it to GF on the back of 80 minute hookers.I prefer not having a bench hooker myself, but we don't have a backrower that can cover hooker in the event of injury

Let’s be honest
Sue called it last week and got shot down, but Fainu is a gun....we mess around too long with Friend injured every second week....Roosters offer 1.2 a season and we lose potentially a Top 3 dummy half in the NRL.
The kid is a gun
He extended through until end of 2021 along with Paseka,get the feeling Api might get shopped around for next year.Shame as I would love to keep both,but cap space says it is hard to keep 2 costly 9s' and Fainu is the future.....

The way I look at it is that Api is the Josh Reyonolds of Manly. Tough hard player everyone loves , lifts his side and everyone wants to play with him. But like the Tigers it’s how do you fit him in the team. We are it exactly bristling with forward depth so I’m happy to have him on the bench. He adds a lot of those intangibles.

In regards to Fainu have a look at the way he picks up the ball at dummy half. He times his arrival in synch with the ball being played so he is moving and has momentum, then picks it up one handed with eyes up when he’s going to have a crack.He also passes in one fluid motion.

Api tends to be flat footed at dummy half , picks the ball up then passes. The difference is the momentum Fainu creates. It’s dynamic as opposed to being still and looking around for options. That’s what sets the good 9s apart.Thats what Cam Smith has done for 20 years.

Last edited:
That’s your opinion. And your entitled to it. Short-sightedness can’t be helped.
I spose it’s not in your agenda to mention Api doing his bit of igniting the side in the first thirty, plus his defence. That wouldn’t fit the bill.Anyway I give up, the sheep will follow no matter.
I personally have said Fainu is a star in the making from two years back; others have done the same over time, nothing to do with sheep following - people just see very special talent in this kid.

I have not been the biggest fan of Api since back in the Matt Parcell days. I like his ability to chop people in half, but he has some real deficiencies in his game - like passing (though improving), missed tackles, lack of a kicking game (Fainu has one). Don't get me wrong, Api is a solid player, it is just that Fainu will be a star. As I said previously, I have a felling we will let him go for salary cap relief and promote Manase permanently from next year.

Everyone has their own view - yours is just as valid as anyone's.

Last edited:
There was a point in the game which I did think was interesting, and to an extent gives justification as to why fainu doesn’t start. I think fainu is absolutely brilliant and gives us exceptional service from dummy half, yet we need to remember he is still so fresh, wed just received our penalty in our own end, fainu grabbed the ball smiled and stood there having a little joke, cherry was screaming for the ball to kick it down field, Marty walked over ripped the ball out of his hands and through it to chez, now don’t get me wrong in the scheme of things and with the score line it meant zero, but did show his immaturity in my opinion in the game. On that note Marty I believe is right on top of these Polynesian kids and is a great asset to have!!
Saw that, had a little laugh to myself

Swap API and Fainu around and you’ll find Fainu’s spark and attack is zapped by the defence required in the early stages of a game .... and API would be capable of a little more in attack for the opposite reason.

The balance is great at the moment which is working well.

Remember Fainu started a heap of games last year and we still finished 15th.... so those claiming he is our full time 9 maybe a little premature in their call.

It’s all about balance and Des is gifted these 2 dummy halves at the moment and it’s working a treat.

Don’t change a thing.
Watch the first 15 mins of the second half with a close eye on the youg'un.
He is in everything, tackling and tackling. Keeps pushing up in D and being effective. Then still has the calmness to play great dummy half.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8