Man versus Convict

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It was all mundine!!!

Green could never connect... Green did well to last the 12 rounds!!

He must one tough hombre cuz "the man" was landing them on him at will.

Don't know about you guy's but it was a us vs them atmosphere at the biggest club in Lismore - Huge crowd with chants of Greeny from one corner early on drowned out by chants of Choc from some sections of the crowd in the latter stages. Gladly did not see any violence afterwards but all looks good for Mundine/Green 2 & 3. Can you imagine how much money passed over bars during the course of the evening Australia wide.

Yeah, it would have been a massive night at those clubs.

Well done to Choc, but he is a dead set tool still.

Did he mention his "people" at all after the fight?

The best thing about the whole night was seeing the redneck convict horde gradually silenced as they realised they weren't going to get the black blood they were baying for.

Quite the contrary, Green did a wonderful convict impersonation by proving that his head was made entirely of bone. Impossible to knock out but also incapable of coming up with a Plan B. He looked like a stunned mullet by Round 6 and Mundibe was just making a fool of him by the end of it.

Suffice to say a few convicts leaving early received a hefty tirade from the few people that had been brave enough to barrack for Mundine at the start.......

Do you honestly think that the green camp are racists and where out to get "black blood ".

You should be working for "today tonight"

Do you honestly think that the green camp are racists and where out to get \"black blood \".

You should be working for \"today tonight\"

Would he be so unpopular with lower class, whitebread Australia if he were a WASP?

Mata, I think most aussies applaud any top level performance by an aussie, and especially if it is done by an indiginous member. What gets everyones back up is an individual who constantly claims they are the greatest performer in everything they touch and then fails to deliver. Ali was the greatest and Mundine is just plain good. The only thing that he is outstanding in is having the biggest mouth and ego.

Mundine has not failed to deliver imo, generally does what he says he will do imo.
In 2000 at the start of his boxing career Mundine said he would become Australia's greatest sportsperson. Do you really think this is true? Really?

He said he would beat Sven Ottke in his IBF super middle weight title and got knocked out in the tenth round. Wrong again.

He IS a great sportsperson, but when you claim to be THE greatest to ever brush your teeth then the record needs to be at the very, very top. Mate, he hasn't delivered.

A great victory by Anthony. Green tried to fight tactically and it didnt pay off. He needed to come out harder in the first 4. Mundine looked good though and deserved the victory.

And Mata, speaking for myself only, I dont dislike Mundine because he has an aboriginal background, i dislike because he has a big mouth and no respect.

Would you like your kids running around talking how he does?

Greatness is often not related only to peformance but to character and the manner in which they conduct themselves.

Mundine has not managed to excel in the latter categories.

Aboriginality didn't affect Cathy Freeman! The race card has not been an issue with Gregan either (not indigenous but still different.!)

[quote author=Garts]
Mundine has not failed to deliver imo, generally does what he says he will do imo.
In 2000 at the start of his boxing career Mundine said he would become Australia's greatest sportsperson. Do you really think this is true? Really?

He said he would beat Sven Ottke in his IBF super middle weight title and got knocked out in the tenth round. Wrong again.

He IS a great sportsperson, but when you claim to be THE greatest to ever brush your teeth then the record needs to be at the very, very top. Mate, he hasn't delivered.

[/quote]

note the word "generally"

i do believe Cliffy is one of the most loved Manly players.

The talk about racial crap is bull****.. reason why Mundine was never picked for SOO and not liked is because hes arrogant.

But i dont like Green so im glad he won.

i do believe Cliffy is one of the most loved Manly players.

The talk about racial crap is bull****.. reason why Mundine was never picked for SOO and not liked is because hes arrogant.

But i dont like Green so im glad he won.

another reason is the selectors like to stick to the tried and tested in rep footy. Form is not really the deciding factor in selection. The non selection for being black is bullsh!t!!!!

Would he be so unpopular with lower class, whitebread Australia if he were a WASP?
Australians support the underdogs and have little time for show ponies and other 'me' characters, especially those that are seen to be selfish, petulant and 'up themselves'.

Cathy Freeman, Tony Mundine and many indigenous sportspeople had the full support of the population (even with Arthur Tunstall using the race card) but 'the man' doesn't enjoy support because of who he is, rather than because of his race.

I have a friend previously associated with him and he is definitely not a team man but a 'me' person.

I remember him being picked in Origin in 1999 and he played from the bench. Mainly played in the hooking role.

Missed Kaza saying he was never picked, probably should have more rep games under his belt.

The man doesn't have the support of whitebread, convict Australia because he is a black man that dares to speak the truth, rather than a cowed "white" abo that tows the party line and lives up to stereotype.

Never mind, history will put him in the same lexicon as some of the other sporting greats that have dared to speak out about the injustices perpetrated on their people, and lionised for it after the event.

And this from the nation that had the temerity to impose sporting sanctions on South Africa whilst creating the mother of all **** ups directly north of the Limpopo.

Whilst your point on north of South Africa is correct, the sanctions on SA were part of the reason for some change to take place and the PM of the time was certainly principled (Note Byso - I am giving credit to a former Liberal PM). It is the failure of later governments to take action that is the issue.

I doubt that Mundine will be viewed as you suggest as he does not capture the heart of the nation. I don't think he talks 'the truth' (whatever that is) though he certainly isn't a 'stooge' for anyone. The dislike for him is not based on colour but his arrogance and that comes in all colours!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4