Man versus Convict

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Methinks Mata is having a really, really great week and decided that fishing on here would be a more pleasant passtime.

Sour grapes.

If Green won, we would be hearing all about how good he is and how **** mudine is and how he never backs up his mouth.

It appears that even if he wins we get some of the same. Its like everything in life, you either choose to listen or you don't. Let mundine say what he wants, when he wants. You don't have to be a part of it.

Quick question though, would he be smarter for a boxer to say "i might win, i might not. It'll be a tough fight, im up against it?

sorry i meant never picked for Australia.

I like Mundines arrogance.. its quite entertaining.. without Mundine Green would still be making **** money in his fights.. im sure Green loves Mundine for the fact that hes generated such interest and $$$ into boxing.

Hoppa could do the same.. i wonder how much Hoppa got for fighting that old guy.

Here i'll put it simply.... Mundine is a very talented dickhead.

Deserved the win and respect for beating Danny Green but outside of the boxing ring, i have no respect for the guy

Mata I don't know how you could accuse Green of being a redneck, FFS he advertized his local chinese restaurant on his back throughout the fight ;)

Sour grapes.

If Green won, we would be hearing all about how good he is and how **** mudine is and how he never backs up his mouth.

It appears that even if he wins we get some of the same. Its like everything in life, you either choose to listen or you don't. Let mundine say what he wants, when he wants. You don't have to be a part of it.

Quick question though, would he be smarter for a boxer to say \"i might win, i might not. It'll be a tough fight, im up against it?

Sour Grapes. I hope that comment wasnt directed at me, for if you browse through this thread you will notice I said that Mundine fought well and deserved the win. I am not upset about him winning at all and I never mentioned his comments about him winning the fight or his confidence.

What I do have a problem with is him standing in the ring making "cut throat" gestures to people while their family and friends are around and playing the race card to build his profile.

Next thing you blokes will be telling what a stand up guy Mike Tyson is.

He may well give some of his earnings to his people. If he does so it may well be behind closed doors as it should be. Money given with publicity to shape public opinion is pretty worthless unless......

[quote author=fLIP]
Sour grapes.

Quick question though, would he be smarter for a boxer to say \"i might win, i might not. It'll be a tough fight, im up against it?

Sour Grapes. I hope that comment wasnt directed at me, for if you browse through this thread you will notice I said that Mundine fought well and deserved the win. I am not upset about him winning at all and I never mentioned his comments about him winning the fight or his confidence.

What I do have a problem with is him standing in the ring making "cut throat" gestures to people while their family and friends are around and playing the race card to build his profile.

Next thing you blokes will be telling what a stand up guy Mike Tyson is.

[/quote]

Speaking of Mike Tyson- why does he cry during sex???
Mace will do that to you!

At the end of the day the sport of boxing is a farking joke especially when it depends on where you are fighting as to your chances of victory.
The commentators made comment re. some of the Pilipino boxers on the undercard and how the Aussies should win due to the judges being Australian- what the fcuk should that have to do with the result of a boxing match????
Did anyone take note of some of the calls that one of the commentators that sounded like Daryll Eastlake made throughout...one that I do remember is "more strikes than a box of matches" but that was just one of plenty- I'm guessing he had a list in front of him.

What??? she is hot...she reminds me of the mail order bride on Little Britton!!
How flexible is she :D

Just on the point scoring system in boxing. I have always been an advocate for the system used in Commonwealth/Olypic games. Three judges, at least two of them have to register a scoring punch within 2 secs of each other I think it is. It shows up on the screen immediately. Until that happens the sport will always be open for corruption.

We all saw how clearly Mundine won the other night, I have seen similar fights where the result has gone the other way, its just a disgrace when it happens.

She reminds me of the cheerleader I saw in a movie who slipped when a guy was lifting her and ended up stuck on his head (the guy was the nerd from the TV show Ed) but I can't remember the name of the movie

Just on the point scoring system in boxing. I have always been an advocate for the system used in Commonwealth/Olypic games. Three judges, at least two of them have to register a scoring punch within 2 secs of each other I think it is. It shows up on the screen immediately. Until that happens the sport will always be open for corruption.

We all saw how clearly Mundine won the other night, I have seen similar fights where the result has gone the other way, its just a disgrace when it happens.

Agreed- the Games system seems to be the fairest.
Unfortunately when you have characters/criminals the calibre of Don King in the sport you will always have corruption.
Get rid of the noxious weeds in boxing and it might have a chance!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4