Man versus Convict

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
She reminds me of the cheerleader I saw in a movie who slipped when a guy was lifting her and ended up stuck on his head (the guy was the nerd from the TV show Ed) but I can't remember the name of the movie

dodgeball???

[quote author=fLIP]
Sour grapes.

If Green won, we would be hearing all about how good he is and how **** mudine is and how he never backs up his mouth.

It appears that even if he wins we get some of the same. Its like everything in life, you either choose to listen or you don't. Let mundine say what he wants, when he wants. You don't have to be a part of it.

Quick question though, would he be smarter for a boxer to say \"i might win, i might not. It'll be a tough fight, im up against it?

Sour Grapes. I hope that comment wasnt directed at me, for if you browse through this thread you will notice I said that Mundine fought well and deserved the win. I am not upset about him winning at all and I never mentioned his comments about him winning the fight or his confidence.

What I do have a problem with is him standing in the ring making "cut throat" gestures to people while their family and friends are around and playing the race card to build his profile.

Next thing you blokes will be telling what a stand up guy Mike Tyson is.

[/quote]

Might have a bit of a persecution complex clon. Was directed to all who were showing bad sportsmanship over the fight. I dont see why people get so wrapped up in other people lives and what thet say and do. Although it could explain the Madison add I just noticed in the top left corner of the site. I wonder how much weight oprah has put on this week??? :blah:

Yep Byron. Rounds are always scored 10-9.

Except if there is a knockdown, then it goes 10-8, or even 10-7 if there a two knockdowns.

I think Mundine dominated the fight more than the score cards suggested, especially the 116-113 from one judge. He is a good boxer, but I don't think he'll get people excited about his chances because he doesn't have a knockout punch against quality opponents. He clocked Green a couple of times (especially the two punch combo he gave him when Greens hands where down after he slipped on that ridiculous Crazy Johns logo) and Green shook them all off. He hasn't scored one knockdown in any of his title fights (although I seem to recall Sciacca may have went down / slipped and got a standing 8, but didn't effect him because he went on to win the fight).

He has had 4 title shots and come up cold on three of them. He has no doubt improved, but I can't see him beating Kessler, to do that he will need to knock him out and he doesn't have that in his arsenal.

Yep with the exception of knock downs.

Green has a hard chin Chip, but I do agree that Mundine doesnt have that killer blow. I still think he might be able to outpoint Kessler. Calzaghe however is in a different class to these guys.

Below are the current rankings previous to Wed nights fight, another section of boxing that is farcical. As you will see Joe Calzaghe who holds the IBF and WBO belts isnt even ranked in the WBA or WBC rankings. Its ridiculous but just the way it works.

Super Middleweight (168 lbs)

WBC
Markus Beyer
1. Otis Grant
2. Danny Green
3. Librado Andrade
4. Jackson Chanet
5. Jeff Lacy
6. Jurgen Brahmer
7. Carl Froch

WBA
Mikkel Kessler
1 . Jackson Chanet
2 . Not Rated
3 . Rudy Markussen
4 . Anthony Mundine
5 . Danny Green
6 . Vitaly Tsypko
7 . Lolenga Mock

IBF
Joe Calzaghe
1 Robert Stieglitz
2 Not Rated
3 Rudy Markussen
4 Danillo Haussler
5 Jeff Lacy
6 Jackson Chanet
7 Vitaly Tsypko

WBO
Joe Calzaghe
1. Rudy Markussen
2. Robert Stieglitz
3. Jurgen Brahmer
4. Denis Inkin
5. Carl Froch
6. Jeff Lacy
7. Lolenga Mock

FIGHTNEWS Website rankings
1. Joe Calzaghe
2. Mikkel Kessler
3. Marcus Beyer
4. Jeff Lacy
5. Danny Green
6. Mads Larsen
7. Anthony Mundine

Mundine speaks out about the plight of his oppressed people. Is anyone disputing this country is not disimilar to apartheid South Africa?
Not even close Mata.
What a stupid remark. :stupid:

What are you asking?Have i lived in Australia and Sth Africa. Well no , i havnt lived in Sth Africa but to compare the autocities that the Sth Africans have endured to our own situation is incorrect. I agree that most Aborigines have copped an unfair deal here in Oz.I also agree that probably in the early days the two may have been similar.My wifes grandfather was part of the stolen generation when he was removed from his parents when he was young. I do not wish to turn this into a racial debate because i am a bit of a fence sitter in that retrospect. I agree with arguments on both sides.

All i wish to say is that i dont agree with the statement that Aust is likened to Sth Africa.

1. The Prime Minister profusely apologises to parents of a white soldier for failures in how his body was returned to Australia for burial - whilst simultaneously disowning any responsibility in causing that.

2. The Prime Minister refuses to apologise for the Australian Government forcibly removing a large proportion of a generation of young Aboriginal children from their mothers and fathers.

What difference do we see?

All i wish to say is that i dont agree with the statement that Aust is likened to Sth Africa.
The only difference between the two nations is that the boers had the courage of their convictions to make their policies official, and they were in the minority.

Australians just hide behind the veneer of civility whilst perpetrating the same atrocities and apartheid-style prejudices.

So guys: how does a country ever change, if those that don't agree with the current system just move?

The only way something can be changed is from inside... people that say "if you don't like it, leave" give me the ****s because it precludes the idea that someone can see a problem that you can't. It automatically assumes that you know everything that is happening, everything that will happen, that that is what you want AND that you are in the majority.

Ever had a fight with the missus over something? If you didn't like the situation, why didn't you leave? If your son decides he wants to start shooting heroin, what do you do? Turn your back and leave him to do what he wants?

No! If you see something wrong with something you love, you try and help it. In reality, if those people that say "don't like it, leave" are so sure that everything is as it should be, then surely you don't mind actually debating the situation! If you're so right, then surely you'll easily win!

It's almost like this crap that is going on in the US. Obviously, if the "don't like it, leave" argument were held to, Bush would never be voted out. Instead, everyone opposed to him would leave and he'll end up with 100% support. No-one would oppose him: no-one COULD oppose him because anyone that wanted to would have already left. I don't know about you, but I bet 100% support and 0% dissent is not a good thing for anything. Ask Charles Darwin...

Anyway, that's that. No offence Nutz and Clon, but you sound like children. Some people love their country enough to want to fix it. ****ing wake up to yourselves and debate the issues if you're so assuredly right.

So guys: how does a country ever change, if those that don't agree with the current system just move?

The only way something can be changed is from inside... people that say \"if you don't like it, leave\" give me the ****s because it precludes the idea that someone can see a problem that you can't. It automatically assumes that you know everything that is happening, everything that will happen, that that is what you want AND that you are in the majority.

Ever had a fight with the missus over something? If you didn't like the situation, why didn't you leave? If your son decides he wants to start shooting heroin, what do you do? Turn your back and leave him to do what he wants?

No! If you see something wrong with something you love, you try and help it. In reality, if those people that say \"don't like it, leave\" are so sure that everything is as it should be, then surely you don't mind actually debating the situation! If you're so right, then surely you'll easily win!

It's almost like this crap that is going on in the US. Obviously, if the \"don't like it, leave\" argument were held to, Bush would never be voted out. Instead, everyone opposed to him would leave and he'll end up with 100% support. No-one would oppose him: no-one COULD oppose him because anyone that wanted to would have already left. I don't know about you, but I bet 100% support and 0% dissent is not a good thing for anything. Ask Charles Darwin...

Anyway, that's that. No offence Nutz and Clon, but you sound like children. Some people love their country enough to want to fix it. ****ing wake up to yourselves and debate the issues if you're so assuredly right.

Um excuse me Narc, but **** you.

Some people are just plain negative about absolutely everything in life, whether it be about football, politics, anything. It doesnt matter what happens they are just not ****ing happy. And it is to those who I direct my comments. Not to the peple who actually care about our country, which i doubt is the case here.

This is simply a case of someone seeking a bite, therefore their comments get the remarks they deserve!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6