Make Manly Great Again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Where are the hats Cam??

Incredible what impact a strong leader can do in a group environment.

First thing Des addressed was his support staff bringing in people that understand the game and most importantly the club. I honestly get more of a buzz looking at the support staff before the game than the current players. It’s a deadset Manly hall of fame. I really hope Gifty gets directly involved with the team.

Front office has to get some credit as well I think they recognised the club needed to be changed and acted on it. Even down to bringing Toovey in on the publicity side recently. They have struck gold with a number of moves made in the last 9 months.

Their next challenge is the retention of players in this current roster. If they get this right, I have all the confidence in them creating another successfully sustained period for this mighty club.

Just to clarify I was having a bit of fun it’s a speech by Will McAvoy about why the USA isn’t the greatest country anymore and I tweaked it.

I’m not directing it solely at Barrett, our whole club has been dysfunctional for far too long, for starters at the top we have had 4 CEO’s in 4 years. Barrett has brought to light the facilities issue and yes we won with the same setup, but that’s just it that was in 2011. He wasn’t competing against teams that had these million dollar centres of excellence as they do now. There is a lot more to be addressed but that’s all the negativity I want to portray because for the first time in a few years I’m genuinely excited about our direction.

I think we have a very talented squad at our disposal, just not a deep squad. I like what Gorman is about, he has a good track record with the Wanderers and Sharks, best of all seems to be transparent with the fans. If Des is hired as our head coach he will address a lot of issues hopefully.

I think it’s unfair to lump it all on Barrett I definitely didn’t agree with some of his strategies but he isn’t the only issue this club has. The sooner we address all of the off field issues the better off we will be on the field.

I only just read this thread for the first time and loved the Newsroom riff

Great show and that is a great scene

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8