Make Manly Great Again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ShakeySeaEagle

Reserve Grader
We’re 16th in kick meters per game, 16th in crowd attendance, 12th in runs per game, 12th in completion rate, 15th in kick meter returns, 4th in penalties conceded, number 4 in sin binnings and number 6 in line breaks conceded.
We lead the league in only three categories: number of in goal escapes, number of tries conceded, number of points conceded - where we let in 11.5ppg more than the best defence.
Now, none of this is the fault of anyone in particular, nonetheless, this is without a doubt a club in the worst period generation period ever period, so when you ask what makes us the greatest football team in the world, I don't know what the **** you're talking about!... Yosemite?

We sure used to be. We stood up when it mattered. We made the finals consistently. We created plays, struck down opposing plays. We waged wars on the entire league, not conceded to it. We sacrificed, we worked for each other, we put our money where our mouths were and signed the best free agents. We built great, talented squads, made uninpenetratable defensive structures, explored the footballing universe, cured missed tackles and we cultivated the world's greatest backs AND the world's greatest forwards. We reached for the stars, acted like men. We aspired to greatness, we didn't belittle it. It didn't make us feel inferior. We didn't scare so easy. We were able to be all these things and do all these things because we were lead... by great men, men who were revered.

First step in solving any problem is recognizing there is one. Manly is not the greatest team in the NRL anymore, but we sure can be!

We’re 16th in kick meters per game, 16th in crowd attendance, 12th in runs per game, 12th in completion rate, 15th in kick meter returns, 4th in penalties conceded, number 4 in sin binnings and number 6 in line breaks conceded.
We lead the league in only three categories: number of in goal escapes, number of tries conceded, number of points conceded - where we let in 11.5ppg more than the best defence.
Now, none of this is the fault of anyone in particular, nonetheless, this is without a doubt a club in the worst period generation period ever period, so when you ask what makes us the greatest football team in the world, I don't know what the **** you're talking about!... Yosemite?

We sure used to be. We stood up when it mattered. We made the finals consistently. We created plays, struck down opposing plays. We waged wars on the entire league, not conceded to it. We sacrificed, we worked for each other, we put our money where our mouths were and signed the best free agents. We built great, talented squads, made uninpenetratable defensive structures, explored the footballing universe, cured missed tackles and we cultivated the world's greatest backs AND the world's greatest forwards. We reached for the stars, acted like men. We aspired to greatness, we didn't belittle it. It didn't make us feel inferior. We didn't scare so easy. We were able to be all these things and do all these things because we were lead... by great men, men who were revered.

First step in solving any problem is recognizing there is one. Manly is not the greatest team in the NRL anymore, but we sure can be!
The thing with manly is we demand greatness and command respect.
From Arko to Fulton all the way down to supporters, we demand to be on the top of the pile.
That's what's made the last few years unbearable.

Good thread. Thank you.

I'm just gonna sit here and wait for Trent to come and tell us all how good he was when he stood up to the Penns, demanding more garden furniture.
Coaching Stats be damned !!

Ok so I can get these hats made really cheap in Thailand but I have to get 100 of them and it’s fairly cheap to ship them back who’s keen. @Dan is it something you’d be keen. I don’t really want to make money out of them. But it could be an earn for the site

Make Manly Great again !!!
imagesK501BGFA - Copy.jpg

Just to clarify I was having a bit of fun it’s a speech by Will McAvoy about why the USA isn’t the greatest country anymore and I tweaked it.

I’m not directing it solely at Barrett, our whole club has been dysfunctional for far too long, for starters at the top we have had 4 CEO’s in 4 years. Barrett has brought to light the facilities issue and yes we won with the same setup, but that’s just it that was in 2011. He wasn’t competing against teams that had these million dollar centres of excellence as they do now. There is a lot more to be addressed but that’s all the negativity I want to portray because for the first time in a few years I’m genuinely excited about our direction.

I think we have a very talented squad at our disposal, just not a deep squad. I like what Gorman is about, he has a good track record with the Wanderers and Sharks, best of all seems to be transparent with the fans. If Des is hired as our head coach he will address a lot of issues hopefully.

I think it’s unfair to lump it all on Barrett I definitely didn’t agree with some of his strategies but he isn’t the only issue this club has. The sooner we address all of the off field issues the better off we will be on the field.

Ok so I can get these hats made really cheap in Thailand but I have to get 100 of them and it’s fairly cheap to ship them back who’s keen. @Dan is it something you’d be keen. I don’t really want to make money out of them. But it could be an earn for the site
If Des does indeed return, count me in for one!

If ever the words of a song were relevant ....... I can just see Dessie leading the Brookie Fathful in a rousing rendition .....

Who knows what tomorrow brings
In a world few hearts survive
All I know is the way I feel
When it's real, I keep it alive
The road is long
There are mountains in our way
But we climb a step every day
Love lift us up where we belong
Where the eagles cry
On a mountain high
Far from the world below
Up where the clear winds blow
Some hang on to used to be
Live their lives looking behind
All we have is here and now
All our lives, out there to find
The road is long
There are mountains in our way
But we climb a step every day
Where the eagles cry
On a mountain high
Far from the world we know
Where the clear winds blow

Yeah, but we are way in front when it comes to relocation talk

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4