Make Manly Great Again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ok so I can get these hats made really cheap in Thailand but I have to get 100 of them and it’s fairly cheap to ship them back who’s keen. @Dan is it something you’d be keen. I don’t really want to make money out of them. But it could be an earn for the site

Are the hats in production?

The Sydney Morning Herald
Danny Weidler17 November 2018 — 10:00pm

Stewart back in Sydney
After a stint in Melbourne as an owner and manager of a restaurant, one of the Sea Eagles’ greatest players, Brett Stewart, is back in town.
Stewart still has his Melbourne business but is now working in Sydney for a company that Bob Fulton owns.
With Des Hasler back at the Eagles, it will be interesting to see if Stewart re-involves himself with his club.

✔@SteveMenzies11

https://twitter.com/SteveMenzies11/status/953564212541968384

Great to catch up with my good mate Brett Stewart at his restaurant in Melbourne @tokosan_ Food is amazing! Go check it out. http://ift.tt/2FOiptW

Please get him talking to Tom.

Brett had the best positional play of any fullback I’ve seen. He along with Belcher and Ridge were masters of great cover defence and also great at in goal covering up.

Tom needs a lot of work here and I do t know if Brett would make a good coach but maybe he could just have a few meeting with young Tom.

Ok so I can get these hats made really cheap in Thailand but I have to get 100 of them and it’s fairly cheap to ship them back who’s keen. @Dan is it something you’d be keen. I don’t really want to make money out of them. But it could be an earn for the site

how soon are those hats getting here..??

WOW! Talk about a walk down memory lane. Thanks for that.

Having been in the travel industry from 1976 to 2013 yes that was a blast from the past.

Funny but someone sent me a YouTube clip the other day of the last Ansett Airlines flight in 2001, yep 17 years ago!!

So many airline names I could rattle off as not being here any more , just in that 40 odd years.

Having been in the travel industry from 1976 to 2013 yes that was a blast from the past.

Funny but someone sent me a YouTube clip the other day of the last Ansett Airlines flight in 2001, yep 17 years ago!!

So many airline names I could rattle off as not being here any more , just in that 40 odd years.

Remember compass airlines?

Also, I almost was on the last ansett flight. I had flown down to Sydney or Melb, can't remember which but they closed for good before I could use the return flight portion of my ticket. lol. It was a shame to lose the Gold wing benefits as well (I think it was called).

@Kevinward777 - no problems!

Remember compass airlines?

Also, I almost was on the last ansett flight. I had flown down to Sydney or Melb, can't remember which but they closed for good before I could use the return flight portion of my ticket. lol. It was a shame to lose the Gold wing benefits as well (I think it was called).

@Kevinward777 - no problems!

Yep Golden Wing Club

We had Ansett flying into Moree ( where I lived at the time), we were the ground handling agents, they still owe me about $80k.....lol

Sad day really, mainly caused by Air NZ.

Ahh the good old days and Ansett

My next door neighbor’s brother had a golden retriever named Reg who had a golden tail (but no wings )

They also lived in the last house in a one way street and you could not return on the same road when you went to visit

Sad day for them to leave when Reg was hit by a German Volkswagen on the corner and sort off just lost touch

Think he still me owes a cup if sugar

Love the good old days

I think we can just make manly greater
We are already great
Watch us march in this year
I am excited

Weird post but my son is getting married in three hours at a surprise ceremony I am the celebrant conducting the service

Hope I have not blown the surprise sharing with the ST gang but my mind is wandering and just felt like a ramble to myself to calm the nerves

Go manly

Ahh the good old days and Ansett

My next door neighbor’s brother had a golden retriever named Reg who had a golden tail (but no wings )

They also lived in the last house in a one way street and you could not return on the same road when you went to visit

Sad day for them to leave when Reg was hit by a German Volkswagen on the corner and sort off just lost touch

Think he still me owes a cup if sugar

Love the good old days

I think we can just make manly greater
We are already great
Watch us march in this year
I am excited

Weird post but my son is getting married in three hours at a surprise ceremony I am the celebrant conducting the service

Hope I have not blown the surprise sharing with the ST gang but my mind is wandering and just felt like a ramble to myself to calm the nerves

Go manly

I wonder if the surprise is for the bride or the groom??????

Yep Golden Wing Club

We had Ansett flying into Moree ( where I lived at the time), we were the ground handling agents, they still owe me about $80k.....lol

Sad day really, mainly caused by Air NZ.

80k!!!! Bloomin' 'eck. Makes the crappy sausage roll they sold me on their final day pale in comparison...just!

That's a lot of fishing gear!

We’re 16th in kick meters per game, 16th in crowd attendance, 12th in runs per game, 12th in completion rate, 15th in kick meter returns, 4th in penalties conceded, number 4 in sin binnings and number 6 in line breaks conceded.
We lead the league in only three categories: number of in goal escapes, number of tries conceded, number of points conceded - where we let in 11.5ppg more than the best defence.
Now, none of this is the fault of anyone in particular, nonetheless, this is without a doubt a club in the worst period generation period ever period, so when you ask what makes us the greatest football team in the world, I don't know what the **** you're talking about!... Yosemite?

We sure used to be. We stood up when it mattered. We made the finals consistently. We created plays, struck down opposing plays. We waged wars on the entire league, not conceded to it. We sacrificed, we worked for each other, we put our money where our mouths were and signed the best free agents. We built great, talented squads, made uninpenetratable defensive structures, explored the footballing universe, cured missed tackles and we cultivated the world's greatest backs AND the world's greatest forwards. We reached for the stars, acted like men. We aspired to greatness, we didn't belittle it. It didn't make us feel inferior. We didn't scare so easy. We were able to be all these things and do all these things because we were lead... by great men, men who were revered.

First step in solving any problem is recognizing there is one. Manly is not the greatest team in the NRL anymore, but we sure can be!
46520133_2253887511535810_6737685239285415936_n.jpg
Could be worse

Good thread. Thank you.

I'm just gonna sit here and wait for Trent to come and tell us all how good he was when he stood up to the Penns, demanding more garden furniture.
Coaching Stats be damned !!

Our results had already seen me lose faith in Barrett. But the nail in the coffin for me was that not once has he actually taken any responsibility. Under his watch this team developed a drinking culture and even worse a bullying culture which saw some (Willie Peters, Shaun Lane) leave the club. But none of it has apparently been Barrett's fault, despite that it and the poor on-field results saw us drop from 9th when he started to 15th this year.

As much as I don't like the guy, I found more respect this year for Brad Arthur who put his hand up and said that as coach he was ultimately responsible for the Worms performances. But with Barrett, none of Manly's fall was any of his fault, apparently. It was all because we lacked a recruitment manager, he didn't have back room support and that we had piss poor facilities where he had to bring in his own office desk and outdoor furniture. All of that obviously meant that he couldn't come up with decent game plans or effective attacking and defensive structures. It also meant that his team selections were piss poor. It was just one excuse after another and everything that went wrong was not his fault.

Sorry Trent but as a first grade coach you were measured, you were weighed....and you were most definitely found wanting.

Our results had already seen me lose faith in Barrett. But the nail in the coffin for me was that not once has he actually taken any responsibility. Under his watch this team developed a drinking culture and even worse a bullying culture which saw some (Willie Peters, Shaun Lane) leave the club. But none of it has apparently been Barrett's fault, despite that it and the poor on-field results saw us drop from 9th when he started to 15th this year.

As much as I don't like the guy, I found more respect this year for Brad Arthur who put his hand up and said that as coach he was ultimately responsible for the Worms performances. But with Barrett, none of Manly's fall was any of his fault, apparently. It was all because we lacked a recruitment manager, he didn't have back room support and that we had piss poor facilities where he had to bring in his own office desk and outdoor furniture. All of that obviously meant that he couldn't come up with decent game plans or effective attacking and defensive structures. It also meant that his team selections were piss poor. It was just one excuse after another and everything that went wrong was not his fault.

Sorry Trent but as a first grade coach you were measured, you were weighed....and you were most definitely found wanting.
Barrett had a good game plan in 2017.. fast footy and lots of 2nd phase stuff, right up the middle and lots of balls back on the inside to catch the lazy defenders and it was a great game plan. Blake green executed it really well he was the main man with all the repeat sets he got for us and the 40/20s.. the way he set us up was really professional. He was great at getting us around the park and getting us to the right places on the park so we could execute our set plays... 2018.. no blake green to execute this game plan and yeah 15th.. croker was starting to play really well in that last game he had and might of gone on to be a gooden. Now with no one to execute this game plan the turbos instantly became less effective and barrett had no new game plan to counter this. Teams knew jake would do the inside ball to tom and shut it down all year.. with no green to run the side i knew we would be bad and barrett as most predicted couldn't coach in the end, he failed to come up with a new strategy, he failed to use the bench players properly (or at all) he failed to replace green and now we have dudkinson on the books (fml) he refused to drop players who underperformed and cost us matches (dce taufua uate uate uate uate matt wright parker kelly suli) his game plan to kick the ball out? When we were losing was actually embarrassing and at the end of it all he blamed everyone but himself a sign of a cowardice shmuck not fit to be a leader of men... or boys

Walter Perolta 24/11/2018 7:01pm EST

Barrett had a good game plan in 2017.. fast footy and lots of 2nd phase stuff, right up the middle and lots of balls back on the inside to catch the lazy defenders and it was a great game plan. Blake green executed it really well he was the main man with all the repeat sets he got for us and the 40/20s.. the way he set us up was really professional. He was great at getting us around the park and getting us to the right places on the park so we could execute our set plays... 2018.. no blake green to execute this game plan and yeah 15th.. croker was starting to play really well in that last game he had and might of gone on to be a gooden. Now with no one to execute this game plan the turbos instantly became less effective and barrett had no new game plan to counter this. Teams knew jake would do the inside ball to tom and shut it down all year.. with no green to run the side i knew we would be bad and barrett as most predicted couldn't coach in the end, he failed to come up with a new strategy, he failed to use the bench players properly (or at all) he failed to replace green and now we have dudkinson on the books (fml) he refused to drop players who underperformed and cost us matches (dce taufua uate uate uate uate matt wright parker kelly suli) his game plan to kick the ball out? When we were losing was actually embarrassing and at the end of it all he blamed everyone but himself a sign of a cowardice shmuck not fit to be a leader of men... or boys

Walter Perolta 24/11/2018 7:01pm EST

DCE wasn't under performing IMO, but he couldn't run the show all by himself and all year he was basically the only proper half we had in the starting side. And Barrett's piss poor use of Hodko really did hamper the team in the second half of the season which just compounded having a guy (Croker) who while he tried hard, just wasn't up to standard. As I have said many times previously, while Hodko probably wasn't THE answer, he would have given the team a lot more direction than playing with 3 centres and a fullback who had to forgo his running game most of the time to try and act like a play maker which didn't suit his game.

The problem with 5/8 this year was not only losing Green, but Barrett's refusal to play a proper half in the position basically all year. Hastings should have been there instead of Croker, and in what universe other than Barrett's is Walker a better 5/8 than Hodkinson??

For the back half of this year we had 3 centres, one playing out of position in the halves but still playing like a centre. We had a running fullback who had to forgo that more often than not to try and be a play maker, which he isn't. And we had an Origin winning half sitting on the bench for 70 or so minutes per game acting as a backup hooker. It was madness 1 0 1.

Seriously, if you didn't know any better you'd almost be inclined to think that after the coach put in his resignation mid-year.....we were being sabotaged. Walker at 5/8? Hodkinson on the bench as a back up hooker? Brad Parker in the side at all?

Last edited:
HoldenV8 you are spot on. But I think he Barrett lost it earlier than July. His positional selections were mind boggling for most of the year. First the issue of Croker. I don't blame him for giving the kid a chance. No problem there. But he persisted even though it was obvious he wasn't up to it. You've addressed the Hodkinson/Hastings issue and the preference having Walker at 5/8. Mind boggling. Then there was ensuring young Tom Wright lost all confidence by refusing to get him in the side at least on the wing, after using him in the trials in the centre. I suspect this action contributed to Wright accepting the Union offer. Then there were strategies that he used so often even a school boy coach could counter, which especially showed up in the second round competition against St George. They should have one that game. You could see the Trbojevics, despite their claims that Barrett was a good coach, dropping their form all year, except in the rep games.

I was all for supporting Barrett as coach, giving him time to adapt. Sure he had a dreadful injury toll to deal with. But you could tell by early 2018 that he had just lost it...same tired old strategies and positional decisions. And then to distract us from his failings to complain about the seating...and other irrelevancies, at the training ground, just made it obvious he wasn't the man for the job and was not prepared to take responsibility for his failings. For me he was a great disappointment

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6