Mad scientist time..........

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Its a shame that this forum turned you from someone that was once so positive, into someone that now highlights the negative. @:cry:@:cry:@:cry:

Sorry you perceive it that way, mate.

There are things I'm very, VERY positive about at the moment (i.e. I think we have one of, if not THE best forward pack in the game today). Also:
X Coaching/admin/supplementary staff look mint
X Lyall Gorman seems to be doing a standout job (after my earlier concerns in that department)
X Forward pack is amazing
X Contract status across the playing group is fantastic (they'll need to perform) - just like Walker extended for another 4 years (at least) - all short term deals / contract years
X Membership numbers increasing as the club gets our identity back
X I actually thought Barrett was great, and get hammered every post I defend him
X I actually think Parker has potential despite a few poor games (just needs development), and get hammered for saying so
X I think Penn has shut people like me up about his capital investment into the club now
X Looking forward to the Centre of Excellence
X Tom, Dylan, Elgey and DCE in our backline are amazing (so we are ALMOST there)

So almost everything is amazing, and I'm constantly saying that. Either you're not seeing everything I post, or are just looking at the one / two points that frustrate or upset me, and are just honing / focusing on the comments I have to say about that, to have a dig at me??

I'll admit, on the field, I feel our weakness will be the points I'm highlighting (in that backline). Did I love Kelly? Yes, absolutely, gutted to see him go, so I apologise for whingeing about that, so rip me for it, all you like. The kid had quality both on and off the field, and you don't lose players on the up like that for nothing, over a guy on the drink and bongs. It really grates me, I admit, sorry.

I'm 90% positive right now, mate. Hopefully I'm allowed to comment / complain / whinge about the things I'm not so pleased with given this is a forum to do so.

Hope @Briza and @Batty read that as well.

EDIT: @Dan made me one of his Expresso Martini's last night he serves the ladies. Next thing I know I wake up naked in a bed after blacking out, so apologise if any of the above didn't make sense ;) I called him Quagmire from Family Guy - the guy is smooth. Hahaha

There are things I'm very, VERY positive about at the moment (i.e. I think we have one of, if not THE best forward pack in the game today). Also:
X Lyall Gorman seems to be doing a standout job (after my earlier concerns in that department)
X Contract status across the playing group is fantastic (they'll need to perform) - just like Walker extended for another 4 years (at least) - all short term deals / contract years
X I actually thought Barrett was great, and get hammered every post I defend him
X I actually think Parker has potential despite a few poor games (just needs development), and get hammered for saying so
X I think Penn has shut people like me up about his capital investment into the club now
X Tom, Dylan, Elgey and DCE in our backline are amazing (so we are ALMOST there)

So almost everything is amazing, and I'm constantly saying that. Either you're not seeing everything I post, or are just looking at the one / two points that frustrate or upset me, and are just honing / focusing on the comments I have to say about that, to have a dig at me??

I'll admit, on the field, I feel our weakness will be the points I'm highlighting (in that backline). Did I love Kelly? Yes, absolutely, gutted to see him go, so I apologise for whingeing about that, so rip me for it, all you like. The kid had quality both on and off the field, and you don't lose players on the up like that for nothing, over a guy on the drink and bongs. It really grates me, I admit, sorry.

I'm 90% positive right now, mate. Hopefully I'm allowed to comment / complain / whinge about the things I'm not so pleased with given this is a forum to do so.

EDIT: @Dan made me one of his Expresso Martini's last night he serves the ladies. Next thing I know I wake up naked in a bed after blacking out, so apologise if any of the above didn't make sense ;) I called him Quagmire from Family Guy - the guy is smooth. Hahaha
Always look forward to reading your posts positive or negative @Ryan. You wear your heart on your sleeve and say it as you see it. Keep it up mate. Next year is gonna be a great one for all us Sea Eagle tragics.

Always look forward to reading your posts positive or negative @Ryan. You wear your heart on your sleeve and say it as you see it. Keep it up mate. Next year is gonna be a great one for all us Sea Eagle tragics.

Thanks mate. Appreciate that. Yeah, got my season ticket ready and raring to go in the Jane Try Stand. Really excited. Unlike some, I'm not expecting a top 8 finish, and would be happy with nothing , apart from progression / improvement (especially defense). This will be a process, not a magical instantaneous fix. I think anyone expecting an automatic force of nature from our team, is setting themselves up for a world of disappointment. Give it a few years I reckon, and we'll be that mean machine again.

I'm just looking forward to the process. Hopefully without Moses Suli ;)

Looks like according to some rag , that the scientist is interested in snaring Graham from the shark's.
Yeah,he could be exactly what we need,a ball player in the backrow on both sides(if Sironen stays healthy),my concern is he has started to get a few injuries one after another,the most concerning thing is the continual(of late)concussion problems.If he has a good year in 2019,then yes from me,thing is he plays on the left and that means we don't re-sign Thompson who is durable if not flashy....love the aggression from both players though....

Yeah,he could be exactly what we need,a ball player in the backrow on both sides(if Sironen stays healthy),my concern is he has started to get a few injuries one after another,the most concerning thing is the continual(of late)concussion problems.If he has a good year in 2019,then yes from me,thing is he plays on the left and that means we don't re-sign Thompson who is durable if not flashy....love the aggression from both players though....
Actually I like Thommo mate, mainly his agression and he can lift the boys when they are down . PASSION## .

There is no “x” in espresso @Ryan. Hope you don’t have too much of a hangover.

Ahhh that’s disappointing. Maybe out of that tart might be able to make room for Kahu at least, just one addition is really necessary to our backline
Just because players like Kahu at Broncos (& Manu at Chooks, Scott at Storm) may be on relatively modest deals at those clubs (officially, anyway) doesn't mean they wouldn't be worth big dollars on the open market. Certainly Manly would need to pay through the nose to attract a player of that quality.

• 🤝
Reactions: Sue
If we could grab Wade Graham (although highly doubt it) I would class us as a top 4 team in 2020.

Such a clever player and a tough bugger too. A Glen Stewart clone. Perfect fit for us but he won’t leave the sharks.....not unless they under value him and they force his hand.

I’d LOVE to see him come to us.

Des would have an extra year to sort out his roster and salary cap and may be able to table a big offer for 2020.

Fingers crossed anyway.

I'm just looking forward to the process. Hopefully without Moses Suli ;)

Ryan your dislike of Suli is almost as pathological as Bozos of Bryan Kelly, I assume most of it behavioural (smoking & drinking) midweek?
I've been supporting Manly for over 40 years, many a player have been well known to my family, I would never name and shame but some of our legends have done a he'll of a lot worse I can guarantee .
I've been told of some stories of what the players got up to on kangaroo tours in the 70s that make gladstone look like a day at the beach.
Not having a go at you, but the kid deserves a chance to see what he can achieve under Des.

Just because players like Kahu at Broncos (& Manu at Chooks, Scott at Storm) may be on relatively modest deals at those clubs (officially, anyway) doesn't mean they wouldn't be worth big dollars on the open market. Certainly Manly would need to pay through the nose to attract a player of that quality.
Good point, although he was reportedly days away from heading to the titans before they signed Kelly, and now seems that’s died and he’s struggling to get anywhere as donkeys aren’t all that keen on him. If we jump in now we could snare him at a good price

You woke up in bed Naked with Dan? The

I'm not having a go at you, and perhaps I don't see all the threads, but you seemed far more positive even back in the café days.

Take care, and all is well.

Ryan i too enjoy ur posts mate but i will not except the fact that Barrett was a good coach.I appreciate the fact that he had alot of outside influences, but a good EXPERIENCED coach would have set up a seige mentality and i dont believe our results would have been as poor as they where if our coach was experienced and more demanding on our players ,keep up the good work

If we could grab Wade Graham (although highly doubt it) I would class us as a top 4 team in 2020.

Such a clever player and a tough bugger too. A Glen Stewart clone. Perfect fit for us but he won’t leave the sharks.....not unless they under value him and they force his hand.

I’d LOVE to see him come to us.

Des would have an extra year to sort out his roster and salary cap and may be able to table a big offer for 2020.

Fingers crossed anyway.
Thompson would be off contract and pretty sure he is on 600 reportedly

Thompson was one of the only players last year that reminded me of manly, a key player to keep, his price tag may be able to go down on this next contract and would be worth staying so long he’s doing well still by then. Such a tough player, would take a bullet on the field for the team

Ryan your dislike of Suli is almost as pathological as Bozos of Bryan Kelly, I assume most of it behavioural (smoking & drinking) midweek?
I've been supporting Manly for over 40 years, many a player have been well known to my family, I would never name and shame but some of our legends have done a he'll of a lot worse I can guarantee .
I've been told of some stories of what the players got up to on kangaroo tours in the 70s that make gladstone look like a day at the beach.
Not having a go at you, but the kid deserves a chance to see what he can achieve under Des.
Other players that I did not rate highly in Lewis Brown and Matt Wright are also not with our club and Croker has been demoted . Nothing to do with pathology or smoking and drinking just observing and stating my opinion on here just like you do and without me judging weather you drink smoke sniff or inject midweek .

Other players that I did not rate highly in Lewis Brown and Matt Wright are also not with our club and Croker has been demoted . Nothing to do with pathology or smoking and drinking just observing and stating my opinion on here just like you do and without me judging weather you drink smoke sniff or inject midweek .

Actually absorbing through patches is the way to go these days Bozo.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6