Mad scientist time..........

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sandor Earl has been out for years and is pushing 30- no potential now. Joel T isn’t a middle player - best left on the edges, I’d prefer Fainu on the bench since we have a proper half next to DCE (no need for Hodkinson).

The point of conjecture for Des will be the backline - will we see Jorge? I think young Hoppa will make his debut by about mid season at 18yrs of age - same as Will did. Garrick might get a run if he is mistake free (something Des loves). I also believe we will have another purchase or two - at least one will be a back.

The good news about the backs is the blokes that want it more will get it ..... spots are up for grabs and may the best men win ..

Manly Daily

Des says our big boys are staying put

Peter Peters

image.ashx

Martin Taupau and (inset)Addin Fonua-Blake. Pictures: Phil Hillyard; Getty Images

image.ashx

DES Hasler’s return to Manly has saved and prolonged the careers of the club’s big bopper front rowers Marty Taupau, Addin Fonua-Blake,Taniela Paseka and Toff Sipley.

Hasler will rotate the four giants as part of his 2019 premiership campaign.

The veteran coach arrived just in time — particularly for rookie props Paseka and Sipley, who were earmarked to be shipped out by a stopgap retentions committee.

However, the two have impressed the new-look coaching and training staff, with their attitude and performance in testing done early this week.

Hasler has effectively taken control of who comes and who goes away from any outside influences.

Suggestions that Kiwi international Taupau may be released have been quickly knocked on the head and problems with the impressive Fonua-Blake quickly sorted out.

However, Hasler will have to live with some players brought into the roster in the brief period between the end of the 2017 season and his signing to coach for the next three years.

EAGLES ON THE UP

THE mass return of Manly people to the coaching, training and performance staff at the Sea Eagles is a tremendous and much-needed boost for the club.

Manly was on a downward spiral and losing much of their culture and history in recent times but Des Hasler’s return, along with people in key positions who understand and are part of the club’s DNA, will ensure the traditions and standards are maintained.

Former premiership players Michael Monaghan, Noel Cleal and Matt Ballin are wonderful examples and will be welcomed around the organisation by players, fans and sponsors.

So too will head of performance Donny Singe, who understands the expectations of his head coach after being with him for two decades.

I have no doubts the football area will be in good hands. It is now up to the front office to show it can step up after a poor performance in 2018 where it failed to handle several crises.

Issues bringing the club massively negative publicity were allowed to drag on for far too long by management.

Hopefully, the performance of the team can inspire management to lift its game.
That is great news @HappilyManly ,I have been hoping that Sipley and Paseka would get more of a look and good to hear AFB and Marty are staying...

Just so people are aware,I am not advocating the above changes,I believe we have more than enough talent to make the 8 and go further.If Des can get them firing we will do well.I have no problem with the 28 guys named,and have no problem if 2 of the 5 development players get promoted.The one thing I am disappointed in is no news of Amone,I doubt he would be lining up for Workers again if we don't give him at least a development contract(would probably require more though...)Oh ok,just because you asked..
1 Trbojevic
2 Taufua
3 Funa
4 Walker
5 Suli
6 Elgey
7 DCE
8 AFB
9 Korisau
10Trbojevic
11Thompson
12Sironen
13Tapau
14Tanginoa
15Fainu
16Sipley
17Paseka
Honourable mentions...Garrick for wing,Elliot for centre and Hodko/Cust for bench...

Just so people are aware,I am not advocating the above changes,I believe we have more than enough talent to make the 8 and go further.If Des can get them firing we will do well.I have no problem with the 28 guys named,and have no problem if 2 of the 5 development players get promoted.The one thing I am disappointed in is no news of Amone,I doubt he would be lining up for Workers again if we don't give him at least a development contract(would probably require more though...)Oh ok,just because you asked..
1 Trbojevic
2 Taufua
3 Funa
4 Walker
5 Suli
6 Elgey
7 DCE
8 AFB
9 Korisau
10Trbojevic
11Thompson
12Sironen
13Tapau
14Tanginoa
15Fainu
16Sipley
17Paseka
Honourable mentions...Garrick for wing,Elliot for centre and Hodko/Cust for bench...
You have said your say and that's a good team . Every player in our NRL squad will also have their say in the trial games.
I think we will see one or two surprises in our round one team.

Certainly need some improvement and stability in the outside back"s department and a settled half "s pairing for next year but i reckon that the best opportunity for getting the side back to a more competitive level will be Des "s and the coaching groups ability to get the best out of Marty , A F B , Paseka and Sipley and combining as a good rotation unit and to lay the right platform . Really have to try to get A F B running off a half with a crash play close to the line more often , very hard man to stop on a i st attempted tackle effort . Seems to take his on field footy very seriously A F B which does seem to largely work in his favour so not a problem there , Paseka has the real potential to step up . Sipley just to again get fitter and i will leave it up to the mad Professor Des to get the best out of Marty .

Maybe that should have been the crazy Professor . Maybe between a crazy Professor on the coaching front and some mad scientists on the Silver Tails site , there can be some very useful formulas for a competitive Sea Eagles side going forward . Some of the ingredients may be a bit radical and unorthodox on occasions though .

Maybe that should have been the crazy Professor . Maybe between a crazy Professor on the coaching front and some mad scientists on the Silver Tails site , there can be some very useful formulas for a competitive Sea Eagles side going forward . Some of the ingredients may be a bit radical and unorthodox on occasions though .
We are all crazy mate . It is no competition ;)

Looking forward to Des teaching Paseka to run hard like a demon and scatter those defenders like Skittles. It was like he didn't realise what his potential is at times last season. Bring it on on man. Cannot wait for the footy to start.

We are all crazy mate . It is no competition ;)
Yeah i reckon that there is a bit or an element of craziness in all of us Bozo . Life would be pretty dull sometimes without that component occasionally in a good way for sure .

I think this will be our team mate now (I also think it's one of the worst backlines I've ever seen):

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua (should be in Reggie's)
03. Moses Suli ( should be in Flegg)
04. Dylan Walker
05. Elliott or Garrick (should be in Reggie's)
06. Kane Elgey (should be in Reggie's)
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Manase Fainu
15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Corey Waddell

Hated including: Taufua, Suli and Fainu to be honest, but it is, what it is.

Taniela Paseka showed at his best, he at LEAST pushes for a starting position. I think a few injuries set him back. When he was at his best, jeez he looked good (and mobile for a massive unit).

I also like that he appears pretty committed to training and a work ethic on social media, even in an off season. That's just me though, I do live seeing that commitment.

Taniela Paseka showed at his best, he at LEAST pushes for a starting position. I think a few injuries set him back. When he was at his best, jeez he looked good (and mobile for a massive unit).

I also like that he appears pretty committed to training and a work ethic on social media, even in an off season. That's just me though, I do live seeing that commitment.

His mobility and involvement improved greatly last year from his average u/20's form ..... a couple of times he also looked like he likes to "hit" in defense as well ..... we don't need miracles .... if he just continues to improve at the same rate he will be a keeper ...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4