Mad scientist time..........

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
His mobility and involvement improved greatly last year from his average u/20's form ..... a couple of times he also looked like he likes to "hit" in defense as well ..... we don't need miracles .... if he just continues to improve at the same rate he will be a keeper ...
He developed fantasticly (like Kelly / Lane and others ) under Barrett. Go figure hey?

They would of developed under Humphrey B Bear. Stop giving Barrett credit.
Lane regressed at both the Bulldogs / Warriors and went from 1st grade to Reggie's, and almost out of the game all together, so that's completely wrong, mate.

Kelly wasn't going to get a first grade go at The Titans (at the time), and wasn't going to be offered a contract after playing in junior rep teams, and went from that to representing Australia under Trent. He also got to the point that the team unwilling to sign him , then offered him a contract .

Why openly criticise the man, but not also give credit when it's due? I might be negative in some aspects, but I'm positive in many others as well. It's about balance.

Barrett helped some players improve.

Lane regressed at both the Bulldogs / Warriors and went from 1st grade to Reggie's, and almost out of the game all together, so that's completely wrong, mate.

Kelly wasn't going to get a first grade go at The Titans (at the time), and wasn't going to be offered a contract after playing in junior rep teams, and went from that to representing Australia under Trent. He also got to the point that the team unwilling to sign him , then offered him a contract .

Why openly criticise the man, but not also give credit when it's due? I might be negative in some aspects, but I'm positive in many others as well. It's about balance.

Barrett helped some players improve.

They improved through age and being physically stronger. No offense personally but Barrett coached the team to a whisker from the wooden spoon. For that he gets no credit from me.

Still love to know what AFB's 'problem' was :rolleyes:

Des getting him his first premiership should fix it :nod:
Apparently he was disillusioned with the coaching drama & where it was headed. He wanted to know who was coach & whether it was going to be a stable environment. When answers were not forthcoming he requested a release, however Des was appointed not long after. Seems Des got to him & told him that he was wanted by the club & that he expected him to stay........thank God he is! I think with AFB, Marty, Paseka & Toff our forwards are gonna go to another level in 2019. Add Jake, Thommo, Tangara, Siro, Waddell & we have one serious forward pack!! Can't see any other forward pack getting on top of these guys if Des can get them in tune to be honest!

Last edited:
I'm a bit of a mad scientist myself in terms of YARTs, yet even I wouldn't tinker too much with our squad (till next year). Id change our forward rotation to one that promotes variation in the pack. And am fine with Api staying hooker for one final year of proving his worth. Here it is (more mad scientist version that normal but im liking it, method to madness).

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jordan Kahu (Was headed to Titans until they signed Kelly, cheap and stable, goalkicker)
3. Dylan Walker
4. Sandor Earl (cheap, potential)
5. Jorge Taufua
6. Kane Elgey
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Jake Trbojevic
9. Apisai Koroisau
10. Martin Taupau
11. Curtis Sironen
12. Kelepi Tanginoa
13. Joel Thompson
INTERCHANGE
14. Mainese Fainu
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Corey Waddell (why not, 2nd rower, see nrl potential with him)

Main back up: Trent Hodkinson, Albert Hopoate, Moses Suli, Brendon Elliot, Toafofoa Sipley, Jack Gosiewski, Cade Cust, Lloyd Perrett and Tevita Funa | Additionally try sign Josh Aloiai, and make him the main forward replacer, could hopefully then make his way into the side, off contract next year but Tigpies might not really need him

Now young Harry did you not read @Snake ’s thread where he said we can’t afford ANYONE and Kelly was released to get us “ cap compliant”.

Those cheap buys you mention are great BUT a bridge too far!!

Now young Harry did you not read @Snake ’s thread where he said we can’t afford ANYONE and Kelly was released to get us “ cap compliant”.

Those cheap buys you mention are great BUT a bridge too far!!
Ahhh that’s disappointing. Maybe out of that tart might be able to make room for Kahu at least, just one addition is really necessary to our backline

I think this will be our team mate now (I also think it's one of the worst backlines I've ever seen):

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua (should be in Reggie's)
03. Moses Suli ( should be in Flegg)
04. Dylan Walker
05. Elliott or Garrick (should be in Reggie's)
06. Kane Elgey (should be in Reggie's)
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Manase Fainu
15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Corey Waddell

Hated including: Taufua, Suli and Fainu to be honest, but it is, what it is.

Its a shame that this forum turned you from someone that was once so positive, into someone that now highlights the negative. @:cry:@:cry:@:cry:

He developed fantasticly (like Kelly / Lane and others ) under Barrett. Go figure hey?
Still think lane was ****, just got tries. Kelly did improve heaps, but then again he was always a player with potential and coming out of u20s most do improve.

More established players’ careers struggled under baz imo. Daly Cherry-Evans, Brown, seasonally with Dylan Walker (also lost fitness + physique), Myles and id go as far to say Tom Trbojevic. He’s simply not improving in areas we thought may have improved by now (field positioning, timing

It is off season and some of us degenerates have way tooooooooo much time on our hands and it leads us where it will....but I was having one of so many brainstorms and was thinking of what a mad scientist could do if I was just a little interested.Marty could go to the Roosters for Collins and Tupou.AFB and Walker could go to the Dogs for Hopoate and Foran(yeah I know Booooooooooh)Kelly has been released to the Titans and a cheap replacement who has done well and is probably going to be a ISP player this year is Abbey for the Raiders,also pick up Jamil as we have space .....17man side.....
!.W.Hopoate
2.D.Tupou
3.T.Trbojevic
4.B.Abbey
5.M.Suli
6.K.Elgey
7.DCEvans
8.T.Sipley
9.K.Foran
10.J.Trbojevic
11.J.Thompson
12.C.Sironen
13.T.Paseka
14.K.Tanginoa
15.A.Korisau
16.L.Collins
17.J.Hopoate
18.S.Keppie
Call me crazy.but don't call me Shirley....slightly light in the forwards for starters,but there is depth.......mad scientist thoughts?Options or stick with what we have?It has been a long week and is close to Xmas......getting so tired.......

It is off season and some of us degenerates have way tooooooooo much time on our hands and it leads us where it will....but I was having one of so many brainstorms and was thinking of what a mad scientist could do if I was just a little interested.Marty could go to the Roosters for Collins and Tupou.AFB and Walker could go to the Dogs for Hopoate and Foran(yeah I know Booooooooooh)Kelly has been released to the Titans and a cheap replacement who has done well and is probably going to be a ISP player this year is Abbey for the Raiders,also pick up Jamil as we have space .....17man side.....
!.W.Hopoate
2.D.Tupou
3.T.Trbojevic
4.B.Abbey
5.M.Suli
6.K.Elgey
7.DCEvans
8.T.Sipley
9.K.Foran
10.J.Trbojevic
11.J.Thompson
12.C.Sironen
13.T.Paseka
14.K.Tanginoa
15.A.Korisau
16.L.Collins
17.J.Hopoate
18.S.Keppie
Call me crazy.but don't call me Shirley....slightly light in the forwards for starters,but there is depth.......mad scientist thoughts?Options or stick with what we have?It has been a long week and is close to Xmas......getting so tired.......
As Phil Gould says, no no no no no

Still think lane was ****, just got tries. Kelly did improve heaps, but then again he was always a player with potential and coming out of u20s most do improve.

More established players’ careers struggled under baz imo. Daly Cherry-Evans, Brown, seasonally with Dylan Walker (also lost fitness + physique), Myles and id go as far to say Tom Trbojevic. He’s simply not improving in areas we thought may have improved by now (field positioning, timing
Barret was a **** coach he had a good game plan last year but once teams figured us out he couldn't come up with another effective one.. that and blake green who was massive for us in 2017 was replaced by croker a dud and then hodkinson an even bigger flop leading dce to try to run the show which he cant do. Game plans like kicking out while we are losing or not using the entire bench when our boys are obviously tired and getting pumped by fresh men on the other teams.. as for turbo he went backwards always stifling the attack with pointless runs from dummy half close to the line instead of letting the halves set up attacking plays.. des will fix all of this and he will have turbo playing both sides of the field instead of 90% going left. He needs to spark up a killer combo with dce and walker! Dont be surprised to see jake ball play more out wide like say glenn stewart exciting times ahead. So glad Des is back i wasnt looking forward to 2019 but now it cant come fast enough.. im also expecting Kane Elgey to reach new heights under Des just like he did with dce in his 1st year. His game plan for this team will be awesome.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6