Lussick won't sign until Manly reveal their plan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
IN-DEMAND Manly forward Darcy Lussick wants to find out who is staying and who is going at the Sea Eagles before deciding whether to commit to a new contract with the club.
''Darcy wants to know how strong the club is going to be,'' Lussick's manager, Wayne Beavis, said yesterday. ''We'd like to know who is going to stay and who might be going, before he does anything. It's standard practice, really, in a situation like this.''

Read the full article

I guess from Lussicks point of view it's important the team isnt going to be too strong because will then be playing NSW cup if his last few games are any indication.

It seems everyone is waiting for someone else to sign first. Really need someone to get the ball rolling. Hopefully when the first player re- signs everyone else will follow.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
IN-DEMAND Manly forward Darcy Lussick wants to find out who is staying and who is going at the Sea Eagles before deciding whether to commit to a new contract with the club.
''Darcy wants to know how strong the club is going to be,'' Lussick's manager, Wayne Beavis, said yesterday.

Wouldn't mind knowing how 'strong' young darcy is going to be for the team as well.

Probably....pretty good....probably

If he is concerned about playing strength at least we know he won't go to Souths, the Roosters or Parra.

the mauler said:
It seems everyone is waiting for someone else to sign first. Really need someone to get the ball rolling. Hopefully when the first player re- signs everyone else will follow.

Didn't Buhrer, T-Rex and Rose sign contracts after the GF last year?

Dear Darcy

When was the last time the Sea Eagles weren't strong?

I sense these players are being led by the nose by the dickhead managers who are more interested in their percentage than the welfare of the talent they represent.

If he's not prepared to sign based on the history and proven strength of the club, maybe he's just not worth it?

Am 1 of his bigger fans, but if that is the attitude, on ya bike Darcy.

Come back to me when you have proved your worth for the big contract.
Watmough, Lyon, Williams, Matai, G Stewart and co are still on the books, don't disrespect them by saying that they aren't enough strength for you to sign

Ive sent Perry another one of those big pens, but he must not know how to use it. Good to see though the guys really do want to stick together, which of course means nothing if big dollars are thrown at them.....A big signature or 2 would be nice.

A 10 game veteran of long-standing experience insisting on knowing all the club's plans? Seems to make sense, then again maybe not. He came out firing on the field but if he can't control his aggression then he will just be a penalised liability like JWH. Hope he stays but I'm losing the desire to care.

Yeah, the disrespect shown to others in the club is a bit on the nose. Hot headed and a loose carrier. Hmmm. Reminds me of JWH and look where he went? I wonder what he considers a 'strong' club looks like? If whatever he's looking for is a strong club then he might not get a look in. It's interesting that club administrators seem to be very weak when it comes to dealing with players and their managers. It wasn't always so.

DSM5 said:
Yeah, the disrespect shown to others in the club is a bit on the nose. Hot headed and a loose carrier. Hmmm. Reminds me of JWH and look where he went? I wonder what he considers a 'strong' club looks like? If whatever he's looking for is a strong club then he might not get a look in. It's interesting that club administrators seem to be very weak when it comes to dealing with players and their managers. It wasn't always so.

How old is Lussick? 20 something? Probably cut him some slack on that count. It's the managers that worry me. Put them on a lie detector and ask the question whose interests are they looking after.

If you look at it another way Lussick seems willing to forego the big bucks and stay at the club. He's young and inexperienced and I don't think he's being deliberately disrespectful to other players. He's probably been reading Ritchie's tripe about the mass exodus.

JWH took the big bucks even though we had a strong side, probably didn't think he was good enough to oust any of our current 1st graders.

swoop said:
If you look at it another way Lussick seems willing to forego the big bucks and stay at the club. He's young and inexperienced and I don't think he's being deliberately disrespectful to other players. He's probably been reading Ritchie's tripe about the mass exodus.

JWH took the big bucks even though we had a strong side, probably didn't think he was good enough to oust any of our current 1st graders.

In fairness to JWH and Hodkinson for that matter. Those two boys both preferred to stay but the money was just too good. Do you think that if we keep everyone and tell Lussick we've only got 100k left for you and he'll knock back 200k+ offers from someone else because we've kept everyone?

Kiwi Eagle said:
Am 1 of his bigger fans, but if that is the attitude, on ya bike Darcy.

Come back to me when you have proved your worth for the big contract.
Watmough, Lyon, Williams, Matai, G Stewart and co are still on the books, don't disrespect them by saying that they aren't enough strength for you to sign

Well said Kiwi Eagle !! He is questioning the strength of our side when he cant get a starting spot??

We need to spot pussy-footing around with these niff-nuffs.

It should be an honour to be offered a contract by the premiers, if you dont like whats on the table go and talk to Souths or Easts.

Players like Lyon, Stewarts, DCE, TRex, Watmough and Foran we can negotiate with the rest are non essential support staff.

Knowing we cant keep everyone should be making the players keener to sign first to ensure they dont miss the cut, not the other way around.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2