Lussick won't sign until Manly reveal their plan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Clubs like Parra , Easts and Souths have good players but they have no Geoff Toovey or Manlys winning club culture . For Fark sake Darcy you dont want to be coached by Smith or Kearney

No issues with what he has said. If he is planning on staying for less money of course he wants to know if we will be competitive ffs. Why stay for less and not be a challenger? Might as well take more coin and not be a challenger.

Garts said:
No issues with what he has said. If he is planning on staying for less money of course he wants to know if we will be competitive ffs. Why stay for less and not be a challenger? Might as well take more coin and not be a challenger.

I'd prefer him to come out and say "I'm the one who wants to take this club on my shoulders and lead from the front"

I want passionate players playing for my club, not just ones who are either after money, or staying only cause we're successful.

I read his statements in 1 of 2 ways and neither looks great for us.

1) He has already decided he is leaving but doesnt want to announce it early and jeapordise his spot in the team or risk the wrath of fans with almost a full season to play out ( eg Beau Scott ).

OR

2) He thinks/knows Brett Stewart and/or some other big names are going and there is going to be cash to spare for him if he bides his time for a big upgrade.

I cant buy the " I wanna see how strong the club is " line ...yes hes promising but hes a fringe player right now who's been in first grade for 5 minutes and this is his junior club and his current club. He couldnt be that silly and neither could his manager.

I think its more likely he knows is leaving but wont announce it until later in the year and blame "salary cap issues".

Anyway that life & footy under the salary cap in a good team.

Eagles Terrorist said:
Dear Darcy

When was the last time the Sea Eagles weren't strong?

I sense these players are being led by the nose by the dickhead managers who are more interested in their percentage than the welfare of the talent they represent.

If he's not prepared to sign based on the history and proven strength of the club, maybe he's just not worth it?

The Indian said:
I read his statements in 1 of 2 ways and neither looks great for us.

1) He has already decided he is leaving but doesnt want to announce it early and jeapordise his spot in the team or risk the wrath of fans with almost a full season to play out ( eg Beau Scott ).

OR

2) He thinks/knows Brett Stewart and/or some other big names are going and there is going to be cash to spare for him if he bides his time for a big upgrade.

I cant buy the " I wanna see how strong the club is " line ...yes hes promising but hes a fringe player right now who's been in first grade for 5 minutes and this is his junior club and his current club. He couldnt be that silly and neither could his manager.

I think its more likely he knows is leaving but wont announce it until later in the year and blame "salary cap issues".

Anyway that life & footy under the salary cap in a good team.

Another possibility is Manly might be pressing him for a decision. I am certain Manly would want to know how much salary cap they have available to sign DCE & Foran and whether Lussick agrees to the offer put to him will make a big difference. While Darcy is wanting to defer making a decision until he has received the details of the other club's offers.

• 👍
Reactions: ads
Honestly i wouldnt be bothered if we lost this bloke, I think he is riding on the back of that Melbourne scrap last year. Give me Mauro and Buhrer any day. He isnt performing like someone chasing a new contract and there is no bigger motivation tbh.

conanu said:
Honestly i wouldnt be bothered if we lost this bloke, I think he is riding on the back of that Melbourne scrap last year. Give me Mauro and Buhrer any day. He isnt performing like someone chasing a new contract and there is no bigger motivation tbh.

This. His stance now = **** off already.

2 mistakes in 2 minutes last week and he runs his mouth? Really?

If we sign foran and stewart, lussick will see how strong the playing roster is but there might not be dollars left for him.

Sorry , but he hasn't got the runs on the board to be making that kind of statement .

Your either with us or against us .

You know I would of lost Kite & King to keep this guy.....but Hasler signed up these blokes before he left......so I'd rather have the $$ go to Foran and Brett now. Bye Darcy

swoop said:
If we sign foran and stewart, lussick will see how strong the playing roster is but there might not be dollars left for him.
This. Nice to retain him but he's a bit down the pecking order.

I think Foran will stay now that DCE has committed. But I also think Foran is the only that other one teams would be prepared to pay big money for. I think most of the others will stay because the money they can get at Manly won't be much less, if at all, than what they can get elsewhere. The future is looking better and better. David Perry is one of the best acquisitions this club has made in a long time.

bones said:
David Perry is one of the best acquisitions this club has made in a long time.

Yep, its good times for us Manly supporters. Perry has more then proved himself as a great COO.

Haven't heard a Lussick rumor for a while, could be because he realises how **** Parra are and doesn't want to go there or his been in bad form. Either way hope he plays a blinder tomorrow

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9