Lurker reporting nene and Thompson on the move

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I see you all are keen on Thompson and it seems the noise is getting louder.. now there is news nene Macdonald is going to leave.. I think he's a great player and Imo is much better than uate and can catch all day.. He makes good meters has a nice offload and is a handful. should manly make a play for him? I bet parra will be going after him too replace semi radradgoon..
thoughts?
if your gonna ask about uate he can battle it out with nene
Id rather a sixty nene .

Nane McDonald is a dead ringer for Jorge

Solidly built player who runs lots of metres.

May be taller than Jorge but can't catch anything to save his life.
can't catch what the hell booiiii he is great under the high ball and made some impressive catches mainly the one against us which killed our momentum and they scored

Uate was on $500K at Newcastle. His deal with them has expired, they're no longer propping up his salary with us, so it is very likely we are paying him substantially less.
I just remember us signing him to a 500K deal per season, may be wrong

I see you all are keen on Thompson and it seems the noise is getting louder.. now there is news nene Macdonald is going to leave.. I think he's a great player and Imo is much better than uate and can catch all day.. He makes good meters has a nice offload and is a handful. should manly make a play for him? I bet parra will be going after him too replace semi radradgoon..
thoughts?
if your gonna ask about uate he can battle it out with nene
Uate everyday over Nene McDonald!!! Compare career stats.....Uate is all over him & burns him for speed! Both he & Tafua compliment each other.....no need for another winger.

Hahaha can't believe I just read that someone rates McDonald over Uate, read some beauties in my time on this forum but that's near the best

Apparently he can catch all day and Uate can't catch at all

Errors for the season

McDonald 31
Uate 18

Uate rated 21st among wingers and 72nd overall in the comp for errors, up among the guys who committed the most errors in the comp were the 2 Storm wingers and Rapana

Having said that, I'd take him as a 3rd/4th option if we signed him

Last edited:
Hahaha can't believe I just read that someone rates McDonald over Uate, read some beauties in my time on this forum but that's near the best

Apparently he can catch all day and Uate can't catch at all

Errors for the season

McDonald 31
Uate 18

Having said that, I'd take him as a 3rd/4th option if we signed him
Who the fck on here thinks that
Ronald (nene) McDoland is better than Uate ?????
Is Nene the Clown that plays for St George ???
images.jpg

Uate was unbelievable i thought this year. Keep him for another 2 before the young guns cement a place and prove they can play nrl standard

Absolutely. I'm sick of our club being the only club without a reliable goal kicker. It's as if we're happy to start each game giving 6 points start.

Maths wasn't your strong suit in school I am assuming.

6 points is 3 goals we run at 70%, top teams 80%, the best 85% so that's at least 10 goals a game average to achieve that per team.

In reality it costs us approx. 1 point per game.

I know some Dragons fans who would be doing absolute cartwheels if they were able to get rid of McDonald.

Often when you see a player from another team you more notice the good things that they do...and don't sweat on all the errors so much, cause you don't care. When it's your own teams player its the opposite, you remember the errors each one like a dagger.

If Nene played for us on here he'd be called accident prone and slow. Be careful what you wish for.

Maths wasn't your strong suit in school I am assuming.

6 points is 3 goals we run at 70%, top teams 80%, the best 85% so that's at least 10 goals a game average to achieve that per team.

In reality it costs us approx. 1 point per game.
I can see your line of reasoning with your assessment here and which is quite plausible but i guess that the other practical consideration and reality is that in a close contest or with equal tries scored , for example , the side with the better goal kicking average is obviously always going to have the advantage to get the points . Manly last season was apparently in the higher bracket of try scoring , so any below average goal kicking percentages would not have been decisive or important taking this into account or in most instances . This would also not take into account any penalty based goals which would or could be another factor of course in influencing a game" s outcome and when kicking percentages were an issue . I think that Frank was mainly trying to make a generalization with his post , but again and on the law of averages in a tight match or competition season , superior goal kicking percentages could be or prove the difference for a team's prospects . Anyway as others have mentioned here , ideally it would be very recommended for any of Manly "s intended goal kickers for next season to be doing plenty of kicking practice during the off season .

Uate everyday over Nene McDonald!!! Compare career stats.....Uate is all over him & burns him for speed! Both he & Tafua compliment each other.....no need for another winger.
so if 1 of them like Jorge get injured and miss most of the year we can always rely on Matt Wright LOL we need another good back Kelly is average and you know this.. Walker might never be the same

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6