[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
rumour alert with no proof. So who was the QLD SOO player that supposedly received the brown paper bag in 2010 (assume changed teams for 2011 season) that had the ability to so many extra bums on seats. A very narrow field ....of one ...GI. Any other choices .. mind you it could be just a crock of sh*t.

Oh that bag, I found it in the glove box of the boat I found in my driveway.

(The above is in no way to be considered an actual quote from an actual comment made by the undisclosed person, but rather a poetic reinactment of an imagined comment had one been made by an undisclosed person)

Players would be gifted cash and goods since the dawn of time.

The issue for Parra is that the Club, actively recruited, planned and operated to specifically by pass the NRL TPA rule.

Apparently the Supreme Court hearing is tomorrow.

Last edited:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-...-consultant-certain-club-will-be-comp/7396060

Yeah right...told ya schubert has a knack of either not seeing anything...or making them disappear!

"We've got a little bit of homework to do, throw some numbers up in the air and see what happens." Wow that all sounds very technical and difficult, they must be working hard.

This is absolute bull****, parra is a disgusting club, and watmough is a total knob. Can't believe the way he's playing the martyr in this with his little act that its all about the club that he so dearly loves.

rumour alert with no proof. So who was the QLD SOO player that supposedly received the brown paper bag in 2010 (assume changed teams for 2011 season) that had the ability to so many extra bums on seats. A very narrow field ....of one ...GI. Any other choices .. mind you it could be just a crock of sh*t.
Prince?

You're kidding yourself MYBOB, if this were Manly you would be up in arms, 5 years out of the past 6 your mob cheated, accept it for what it is you're no better than the storm or the bulldogs you'll never convince us of anything else.

Actually mate, they are worse than the Storm or Bulldogs. At least the Dogs were on top of the ladder with what, 17 straight wins or something when they got done. And the Storm had won a couple of premierships, minor premierships and a World Club Challenge by the time they were caught double dipping like George Costanza. The Speels managed to win a couple of wooden spoons and look like a joke.

You know, I'm not condoning what Melbourne did, but if you are going to cheat the NRL's salary cap for a long period of time then at least do it right like Melbourne did and have something valuable to lose at the end of it if you do get caught.

But getting caught salary cap cheating in 5 of the past 6 seasons when your best finish is 10th out of 16 and there were a couple of wooden spoons.....that is just laughable and shows just how bad Parra-doesn't-matta really is.

Seriously, this is their 70th season of first grade football and other than 1976-1986 when they won 4 premierships and played in 6 grand finals, they have been a joke. Sure they were favourites to win the 2001 GF but they choked big time. And lets face it, if they didn't have Jarryd Hayne they wouldn't have even got near the finals in 2009, let alone made the GF.

Last edited:
That's only true if they then declare that cash in their tax return.

There is nothing illegal for an employer to pay employees in cash and nor is there anything illegal about an employee receiving cash. The illegal part comes when the employer doesn't pay superannuation or withholding tax on the payment and when the employer doesn't report it to the ATO and the employee at year-end. In addition, regardless of what the employer does, the employee needs to report all salary received from the employer(whether that salary is received in cash, boats or gold bars) when submitting their annual tax return.

Did he have anything interesting to say @HappilyManly ?
I'll wait for them to load up the video and give you the link.

But I actually thought that they were interviewing a 'man in the street'.
He looks homeless, and was just laughing at his own internal dialogue.
He just kept saying that they'll be under the cap, don't know how, but definetly under.

Bizarre :confused:

You have to admit myyob that parra are run by a bunch of idiots who I would call cheats

Smoking gun' email reveals warning to Parramatta Eels officials about third-party deals

An email, sent by the club's then chief financial officer Ed Farish to chairman Steve Sharp, chief executive John Boulous and football manager Daniel Anderson last July, warns them of "exposures" around third-party deals for Anthony Watmough. The email also noted Farish's suspicions of a system of inflated invoices with club suppliers, and advises them to self-report to the NRL.

Obtained by Fairfax Media from a source close to the investigation, the details of Farish's urgent note to senior officials played a major part in the heavy sanctions handed down last week by the NRL.

Farish explains his concerns about Watmough's deals with ScoreCube – whose parent company Black Citrus had been signed by former CEO Scott Seward to a $200,000-plus contract to provide digital services to Parramatta – and PJ Promotions, a company owned by the father of public relations executive Tracy McKelligott, who was a club consultant from 2013 until last July.

The officials' failure to disclose the deals when they were made aware of them, along with damning transcripts of third-party agreements being discussed at recorded board meetings, were central to the investigators' case against the club and the five current officials implicated.

"Gents, on Monday the 20th of July [NRL salary cap auditor] Jamie L'Oste Brown is due to conduct a mid-year salary cap review," Farish wrote in the email, dated July 10, 2015, with the subject line 'TPA'.

"We've identified the following exposures around potential deals on TPAs. I'm anxious to ensure that everyone is on the same page in dealing with these. If a TPA is not registered and discovered, Jamie can refuse to make it cap exempt."

Under the heading of 'registered TPA' Farish continued: "TPAs are exempt from the cap under certain conditions. The main condition is that the company is not an associated entity. We have two TPAs registered for Anthony Watmough being ScoreCube $75,000 and PJ Promotions $50,000. ScoreCube is a 100 per cent subsidiary of Black Citrus who are a supplier of PNRL. Stephen Moss is the only director and the ScoreCube website is heavily branded Black Citrus.

"PJ Promotions are associated with [club consultant] Tracy. This condition is not as obvious as the Black Citrus connection but the NRL may query why a Newcastle-based promotion company want to spend $50,000-a-year for four years on Watmough. Tracy was promised reciprocal funding by Scott but has executed a TPA for four years with no matching funding.

"In summary, my major concerns are: ScoreCube TPA is easily connected to the club and even though it's approved at the moment the rules give the NRL ample room to reverse the decision. As a minimum I feel that we should self-report ScoreCube and flag that we have investigations ongoing."

The email, which was CC'd to the club's lawyer, John De Mestre, also raises issues with the club's relationships with suppliers including Zibara and E-Group Security, outlining Farish's suspicions that invoices had been inflated.

As a minimum I feel that we should self-report ScoreCube and flag that we have investigations ongoing.

Email from Parramatta CFO Ed Farish to chairman Steve Sharp, CEO John Boulous and football manager Daniel Anderson
Fairfax Media has seen proof of the lucrative four-year arrangement between the Eels and Black Citrus, signed by Seward and Stephen Moss, the son of former Macquarie Bank executive Bill Moss, to start on January 1, 2015. The agreement states that the "PNRLC shall pay Black Citrus an annual fee of $221,996 plus GST paid in quarterly instalments of $55,499 plus GST" for digital services, digital advisory fees, a player management platform and a junior league licence.

The document notes that "no party may publicise in the media the existence of this Heads of Agreement or any of its terms". Parramatta directors have said privately that the board was not told by Seward of the deal.

Eels officials spent the weekend poring over hundreds of pages of transcripts from interviews conducted by NRL investigators, including evidence given by Seward and former team manager Jason Irvine.

Sources said they were not provided with a copy of McKelligott's voluntary interview and received only a statement from Seward dated May 2, the day before NRL chief Todd Greenberg announced the Eels' 12-point deduction and $1 million fine.

An NRL spokesman said: "Parramatta have been provided with the evidence that the NRL based its decision on."

Lawyers for Sharp, directors Tom Issa and Peter Serrao, Boulous and Anderson return to the NSW Supreme Court in Sydney for a hearing on Monday. They have argued they have not received procedural fairness from the NRL.

Ian Schubert, who is leading Parramatta's bid to be cleared as salary cap compliant in time for Friday's match against South Sydney, is also due to meet with L'Oste Brown on Monday.

Sharp, Boulous, Anderson and De Mestre did not return calls on Sunday.
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...s-about-thirdparty-deals-20160508-gop83q.html

I do admit that, we have been run by idiots who did cheat the NRL rules. I maintain that the crime our idiots committed is not at the level of the Storm or Dogs. We were fined $465K last year for breaches, there seems to some double dipping by Greenburg, we messed up on TPA's as your post shows, we did not run two sets of books.

Not all crimes are equal and therefore the time will reflect that. Some of you guys want the NRL death penalty for our "not in the worse case crimes"

Parramatta have totally betrayed their 1980s legacy when in that golden era for them the club was all about local juniors and building a strong culture.

This is a club that has four times as many juniors as us. A new stadium about to be built for them. A thriving leagues club and a city where corporate opportunities are plentiful yet due to their ineptness and failure in relation to recruitment, player retention and running a strong club has now taken them down a pathway of outright cheating to create a winning culture.

To see the hierachy of the NRL bow and scrape to them is sickening! Everyone knows they are serial offenders when it comes to ethics and breaching the cap.

their desparate attempt to pension off Choc is against the spirit of the game and hopefully the NRL get it right and enforce the penalties they have given them.

A failure to enforce this by the NRL will bring the whole competition into disrepute. This is on your head Greenturd, your duty is to protect ALL the clubs who are compliant with the cap. The game is watching what you are doing and will deal with you of you fail to protect it!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8