[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Double Haze

This week will be the first time two Hazes run out for the same team. Hayze Perham and Haze Dunster line up for the Eels - is this peak bogan-name?

A check of the rugby league records shows that previous Hazes include Des Hazeler, Payne Haaze, Haze el Masri and Kevin Hazestings - but there has never been two in the same side.
Every single mother in parramatta has a child whose father is named Haze

Former long-term chief executive Denis Fitzgerald has broken a 30-year silence to reveal his controversial plan to scrap the Eels’ nickname and rename the club the Parramatta Rams.

Just days before Parramatta’s knockout final against Penrith, Fitzgerald admitted he had discussed the possible name change during the early 1990s with directors and senior club management.

In charge of Parramatta for a record 30 years, Fitzgerald never liked the Eels logo and had begun searching for a more positive brand name and emblem.

A big fan of US sport, Fitzgerald had long admired the Rams – an NFL franchise run out of St Louis and Los Angeles during the 1990s. Describing the response from directors as “lukewarm”, Fitzgerald elected against taking the proposal to the board for final approval.

“The Rams’ nickname was monosyllabic and more aggressive. I was looking for a mascot that was easy to recognise for people,” Fitzgerald said.

“I was keen on the Rams even though I was generally looking for names that started with a ‘P’ because that was the first letter in Parramatta. I spoke to club directors and managers at the time about a possible name change.

“There was always a difficulty in doing anything in terms of marketing with the Eels. People associate Eels as being slippery, slimy marine fish.

“The Aboriginal word for Parramatta is ‘where the Eels lie down’. That in itself is passive. No one wants a team that lies down.

The admission comes after Fitzgerald had held merger talks with Penrith – Parramatta’s opponents on Saturday night in Mackay — and Balmain in hope of swallowing either the Panthers or Tigers moniker.

The proposed amalgamation with Penrith after Super League was blocked while Balmain elected to merge with Western Suburbs, forming Wests Tigers.

There had even been suggestions Parramatta once eyed off a joint venture with North Sydney with the club to be known as the Parramatta Bears.

The Fitzgerald Inquiry! Item one change the team name and strip our identity. Idiots!
As much as I despise Parra their emblem should never be changed. Gotta hold true to tradition. In fact I respect Parra for going back to their old badge after sone awful editions. I’d actually like to see us go back to our traditional white badge from the late 80s early 90s. The nrl has sone awful emblems now Sharks, tigers, Broncos, roosters could all do well with going back to more traditional emblems imo.

Keeping with the ungulate theme - Parramatta Pigs has that nice alliteration that Dennis was chasing

Of all the NRL mascots you have to admit the Eels is the most insipid. They should have changed it years ago.

As if the bloody mascot even matters to people. I'm not scared of a ****ing Rooster or a lighting storm anymore than an Eel...but hey, the former both win premierships...

You've got the Parramatta river in the middle of their heartland and it's full of Eels. It makes sense to call them the Eels.

You could change their name ... give them a boob job ... put lipstick on them ... and dress them in a mini skirt ... and it would not make a difference ... fukk 'em!

Parramatta Splinters, the name change was probably a good idea from Denis, that way they start again, and if they eventually win a Grand Final again, it then hasn't been so long a wait, although we now know, that would not of worked either, as the Rams would of been waiting 30+ years also, thankfully we follow Manly.

Plenty of suitable P names

Parramatta Pacifiers
Parramatta Pigs
Parramatta Parrots
Parramatta Posteriors
Parramatta Penultimate

Ol Dennis obviously wanted a cat mascot, trying to get the panthers or tigers to merge but also wanted a pp.

Simple The Parramatta Pussies, the mascot I leave to your imagination.

Then as @Woodsie likes to say **** em

As if the bloody mascot even matters to people. I'm not scared of a ****ing Rooster or a lighting storm anymore than an Eel...but hey, the former both win premierships...

You've got the Parramatta river in the middle of their heartland and it's full of Eels. It makes sense to call them the Eels.
Years ago when we were kids a mate of mine who is a Sharks supporter came up with the idea that it would be awesome if each team actually had a real live mascot in a cage on the sidelines at their games, so North Sydney Bears would have a bear in a cage, Brisbane would have a horse etc.

He only saw the fallibility of his idea when we said a shark in a cage would drown because all the water would escape between the bars of its cage.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4