[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The History of Gutho has been written so many different times Myth has become fact and fact has been conveniently disposed off in the cause of blame.

My memory is that at the time he re-signed we were under salary cap pressure and had other players to consider retaining ... at the time Gutho was a good up and comer, but with Snake, Lyons, Matai and Tommy coming through, Gutho was simply seen as a reserve luxury we couldn't afford .. the newspaper reports at the time made mention of Manly generously allowing Gutho an early release if he could get a first grade game elsewhere ...

He wasn't punted ... he didn't leave in a huffy fit ... it was just the circumstances at the time with Manly already having a full and expensive backline ..
Losing Gutho in 2015 revisited...

Apr 2015: Manly re-sign up and coming fullback Clint Gutherson, recovering from ACL
Apr 2015: Manly re-sign up and coming fullback Tom Trbojevic
Aug 2015: Manly give fullback Brett Stewart a one year extension (to end 2017)
2015: Taupau and Walker become available to Manly a year before their contracts were ending
Sep 2015: Manly release Clint Gutherson to free up cap space
Oct 2015: Manly sign Martin Taupau
Dec 2015: Manly sign Dylan Walker

Clint Gutherson released by Manly, expected to link up with Parramatta

Excerpt from article...

“The club recently extended the contracts of some of our experienced players and further enhanced our depth through the recruitment of players who can cover several positions,” the statement read.

“Accordingly it became clear that Clinton would no longer receive the opportunity to further develop through consistent selection at NRL level with the Sea Eagles.” Gutherson, 21, can play fullback, wing or centre and looked every bit an NRL player in the five top grade games he has played, but an ACL injury suffered in round one this season brought an end to his year.

He has represented NSW at under-20s, under-18s and under-16s level and is considered one of the game’s most promising up-and-coming players.

But new coach Trent Barrett has deemed him surplus to requirements.

Full story link:

It appears not all subjects are loyal to the King @:)

King Gutho.jpg

Double Haze

This week will be the first time two Hazes run out for the same team. Hayze Perham and Haze Dunster line up for the Eels - is this peak bogan-name?

A check of the rugby league records shows that previous Hazes include Des Hazeler, Payne Haaze, Haze el Masri and Kevin Hazestings - but there has never been two in the same side.

My best mate ( Parra fan ) rings me yesterday to welcome me home from 3 months away.

Not long into the conversation , “ how about those Parra Eels”, me “ yeah 56–10 was **** wasn’t it and you know any team that gets 50 scored against them has never won the GF don’t you ?”, him “ not that game you idiot the one v the Storm “, me “ oh you mean the one they tanked in “, him “ you’re an idiot “, me “ no dickhead the idiot that’s been waiting for 37 years for anything to happen is the real idiot “, him “ let’s change the subject “, me “ good idea otherwise I always win”.

Boy that was fun !!

Great tactics from Arthur, going into the finals with momentum and confidence.
Yer hard to understand, they couldn’t of known how the other results would go, it’s like they just gave up on the idea of top 4, threw the chance to aim up on Penrith away, beating Melbourne and Penrith would have sent a message and had them buzzing on the back of it, I just hope that the knights get up for their game and they smash each other

Yer hard to understand, they couldn’t of known how the other results would go, it’s like they just gave up on the idea of top 4, threw the chance to aim up on Penrith away, beating Melbourne and Penrith would have sent a message and had them buzzing on the back of it, I just hope that the knights get up for their game and they smash each other
Reckon he was trying to protect the confidence they got out of beating Storm, knowing it was fragile and could be shattered if Panthers flogged them at full strength. Given that a win was unlikely to get them into top 4 they had a lot more to lose than to gain.

Methinks the dalai knew the storm had tanked last week and didn't see the sense in playing his top 17

Reckon he was trying to protect the confidence they got out of beating Storm, knowing it was fragile and could be shattered if Panthers flogged them at full strength. Given that a win was unlikely to get them into top 4 they had a lot more to lose than to gain.
Methinks the dalai knew the storm had tanked last week and didn't see the sense in playing his top 17
Or the Dalai is clueless, spineless and or simply has no self belief in his side, they had every chance to take it to Penrith, but they chose the gutless option, you can call it safety first if you want.

Here‘s something to keep in mind as we go through the semi’s Parra, South’s (with nothing to gain) and the scum have taken the rest players approach, Penrith and us have gone in pretty much full strength, the chooks well their just flat out fielding a side so the juries out on them (although they get Radley and JWH back next week, good ins for them) the others don’t really matter, I think.

Also as the draw stands, everything going the way I see it, i have us meeting Penrith in the big dance, anyway I will be very interested to see who prevails with regards to resting as opposed to the sides that have not, not long until we get to see which way worked best.

Penrith are hot favourites to beat Souths and therefore the whole team will get a week off. That would certainly have been a factor in going in against Eels at full strength.

My best mate ( Parra fan ) rings me yesterday to welcome me home from 3 months away.

Not long into the conversation , “ how about those Parra Eels”, me “ yeah 56–10 was **** wasn’t it and you know any team that gets 50 scored against them has never won the GF don’t you ?”, him “ not that game you idiot the one v the Storm “, me “ oh you mean the one they tanked in “, him “ you’re an idiot “, me “ no dickhead the idiot that’s been waiting for 37 years for anything to happen is the real idiot “, him “ let’s change the subject “, me “ good idea otherwise I always win”.

Boy that was fun !!
…… and he’s your best mate!

just sayin’

Boy that was fun !!

Haha .. I haven't talked to my Parra fan mate for 4 weeks ... he lost his normal sense of humour and was showing signs of going postal ... this happens every year ... usually followed by disappointment, depression and the eventual acceptance that another year is lost ... but until he makes the transition from postal to depressed it is better to stay clear ..

Haha .. I haven't talked to my Parra fan mate for 4 weeks ... he lost his normal sense of humour and was showing signs of going postal ... this happens every year ... usually followed by disappointment, depression and the eventual acceptance that another year is lost ... but until he makes the transition from postal to depressed it is better to stay clear ..
I sorta feel sorry for them , honestly it must be **** to be let down 37 years in a row !!

Double Haze

This week will be the first time two Hazes run out for the same team. Hayze Perham and Haze Dunster line up for the Eels - is this peak bogan-name?

A check of the rugby league records shows that previous Hazes include Des Hazeler, Payne Haaze, Haze el Masri and Kevin Hazestings - but there has never been two in the same side.
I believe there's a whole team of them down south... Purple Haze.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8