[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Agreed.
I also find the argument that it was merely 'ineptitude' to be totally specious. If it was simply that they can't count you'd expect sometimes their miscalculations would bring them in under the cap. Not over the cap every time, year after year.
And if there have been undeclared TPAs then any defence that they were 'well-meaning but incompetent' is out the window, that is dishonest cheating as plain as day.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Burn them at the stake and show it live in TV.

Been done already - Cumberland Oval burnt down by their own Supporters :p

cumberland-02.jpg

http://www.eraofthebiff.com/yarn-of...he_day_they_burnt_down_cumberland_oval_-_1981

qldeagle

Bencher
As much as I like watching a parra loss, I would love to see them flog the bronco's. Actually I would love to see anyone flog the bronco's. I hate the bronco's! Those pompous show ponies need to be taken down more than a peg or two. I hope they don't get another win this year. @:mad:
The Bronc's and Cows provided us with one of the best GF games in the modern era last year. No wrestle no crap they just get on with playing great footy and stay under the cap. The Eels on the other hand are just a scurge on our great game. Piss them off right out of the game the cheating pricks. So we're expected to pay money to watch our team get beaten by a team that's still to this day cheating and with too many players in their roster. We should all be refunded our money and subsidised by these gutter rats. The Riff can then call the Parra stadium their home.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
*bump*

Page 2? For shame!

Err... any latest news on the 'hopeful' sanctions?

Maybe they should take there 300mill away and give it to us.

After all there's no major stadium in Sydney's north is there? We can't always pander to the westies!

and....

lol @ parra

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Shoe1

Journey Man

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'm getting impatient to see Foran, Arthur, and the entire Eel squad, all abreast, arms linked, marching across Pirtek to meet the press and bespeak their innocence and determination to play for the fans and love of the game.
I can't wait to see that, it will be hilarious.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...wn-severe-points-penalty-20160426-gofgju.html

Viewers may switch off Parramtta Eels matches if NRL hand down severe points penalty
Date
April 26, 2016 - 7:00PM

Adrian Proszenko
Chief Rugby League Reporter
Plays of the Week

From one-handed catches to incredible comebacks, these the most exciting, silly and downright crazy plays in the sport world this week.

Television ratings will nosedive if Parramatta is penalised out of finals contention, according to the man who consulted to the NRL on its television deals.

For the first time in two seasons, the number of people watching rugby league on the box is on the increase, a result of both Fox Sports and the Nine Network providing separate commentary on many matches.

However, the spectre of Parramatta being docked premiership points for alleged salary cap breaches is a concern for the host broadcasters.

The Eels, particularly when they are doing well, are a ratings winner and Brad Arthur's team have shown enough in the opening third of the season to suggest they are a genuine chance of breaking a 30-year premiership drought.

However, there are fears it could all be for nothing as the governing body prepares to hand down its findings into the embattled club next week.

Global Media and Sports boss Colin Smith, who has previously advised the NRL, ARU and AFL during rights negotiations, believes some footy fans will turn off their TVs if the Eels are no chance of making the finals.

"If they are docked [points] to the point they can't compete in the premiership, that will certainly take away the interest," Smith said.

"If a team is less competitive, and we saw that to an extent with Essendon in the AFL, the degree of watchability becomes less.

"People don't recognise how important Parramatta is – and Penrith isn't that far behind either – in terms of how the Sydney sports fan works.

"Loyalty will remain in western Sydney because of the tribalism of the region. Their fans will continue to watch. The issue will be the effect on broader Sydney and the broader rugby league market.

"Let's cut to the chase on this, you don't want this to be there. It will affect the person who only has a passing interest, no question."

Parramatta games, particularly blockbuster matches like Friday night's clash with Canterbury at ANZ Stadium, often attract more than one million viewers.

Smith believes those numbers will be on the wane if the Eels – the only side not to have played finals footy since 2009 – are no chance of progressing beyond the regular season.

However, Chris Walton, managing director of Nunn Media, believes the overall NRL ratings impact won't be greatly affected.

"With that many teams and that many games, from a helicopter point of view, I don't think the issues at one club will impact too much on things.

"The impact on fans will be dictated by whose fault they think it is. If they think it's a struggling club doing its best against a difficult league [little will change]. If they think 'just when we thought they got things right, management have gone and cocked it up', that could be different.

"If there is an impact it could be on Parramatta fans going to live games rather than Parramatta fans [switching off] the tele."

The final six rounds of the premiership are yet to be set in stone, with the broadcasters able to horse-trade games depending on their level of viewability. Walton believes Eels fixtures could be shifted to inferior spots if they are prematurely ruled out of the running.

"Later in a season they may get their games moved to other times, so they may not be the Thursday night game or the key game on a Saturday," he said.

"Those tactics may be employed."

HoldenV8

Journey Man
The article itself kinda supports the rumours that Nein are pushing the NRL to be as lenient as possible on Parra-doesn't-matta. While it doesn't actually mention the rumours, its not hard to work out that Nein are or would be worried.

According to the draw, over the next 12 rounds up to and including Rd.20, the Speels are on Nein 5 more times, 4 on Friday nights and 1 Sunday arvo. If the Speels are hit with a points penalty and can't make the finals, that means that potentially those games won't rate as high as they had banked on.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
According to the draw, over the next 12 rounds up to and including Rd.20, the Speels are on Nein 5 more times, 4 on Friday nights and 1 Sunday arvo. If the Speels are hit with a points penalty and can't make the finals, that means that potentially those games won't rate as high as they had banked on.
Sounds like a perfectly good reason to support cap cheating. A large fan base.
But if you're Manly, Sharks, Tigers, Newcastle, Warriors, Raiders - throw the book at them.
Sounds as fair as the draw.@:mad:
#***&^%$#@$ *^#$%%% *#%&* Every swear word in the *&%*ing book!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18