[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Correct. He did not want go.

However if he loved Parramatta that much, he would move there.

Previous musings from him indicate his favourite game ever was the 2008 GF. So the emotional connection (as well as the physical one) is still there. I have no doubt if Manly make a GF in the next couple of years, he will still cheer for them. He is mates with Parker and presumably still with Jurbo and Turbo, amongst others.

If the circumstances were right for both parties, I am sure he would love to return to Manly. The people that ousted him have gone, so that impediment is no longer there.

His father is a Balmain’s Magpies supporter*, so no real surprise that he and the wife would create a little shrine to their son’s new club - noting that they’re apparently not exactly Manly fans to begin with.

* I think he might have played for Valleys at one point.

What is the truth behind Gutho's departure? I'd heard Manly shut him out because of his injury and also because our fullback stocks were good. Gutho re-affirmed this. I would imagine he'd want to stay at Manly if he was wanted.
So, if you know differently I'd like to be set straight.
No no. I dont know any different Who. I am pretty sure when this was all going on when he did sign with the squeels. I am pretty sure that he left because he wanted to play fullback, bear in mind it was a long time ago, but we made the right choice. You might be spot on, I dont know

I guess we see what we want to see

The club signed him up to a contract which they could have chosen to enforce. Instead they thought they would get more value by getting other players on board earlier than expected (marty and walker). I have never seen any evidence that he agitated for a release - I hate Parra as much as the next guy but it is a load to think he wanted to leave at the time we let him go
Thats it lsz we do. Like I said before. was pretty sure Parra made him the offer to play fullback, something he would never do here, unless turbo got injured, but we are all titled to our opinions

Thats it lsz we do. Like I said before. was pretty sure Parra made him the offer to play fullback, something he would never do here, unless turbo got injured, but we are all titled to our opinions
This is where we disagree as I have never seen anything to indicate that he actually wanted to leave or that he wanted to play fulback

This is where we disagree as I have never seen anything to indicate that he actually wanted to leave or that he wanted to play fullback
Ok, we will have to agree to disagree, I dont think I said he wanted to go, he probably didnt but maybe the offer was too good to stay. Like I said it was along time ago

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
Ghosts of Eels’ salary cap saga resurrected in new legal action
By Adrian Proszenko and Sarah Keoghan
August 18, 2021 — 7.51pm

One of the firms inadvertently caught up in Parramatta’s salary cap scandal has commenced legal action against the club after going into liquidation.

Blackcitrus has started Supreme Court proceedings against the Eels over digital services provided to the club. The business, which counted the Eels as its biggest client, has gone bust and a liquidator has been appointed by the court to recoup outstanding monies for creditors. Sources with knowledge of the situation suggest a six-figure payment is being sought.

Revelations that the matter is scheduled for a directions hearing on September 8 come during one of the most testing periods in the club’s history, a four-game losing streak that has heaped significant pressure on coach Brad Arthur.

A subsidiary of Blackcitrus, Score Cube, was responsible for third-party player payments that were not properly disclosed to the NRL. In 2016, the Herald broke the news that payments from Score Cube to former forward Anthony Watmough had raised suspicions at Rugby League Central.

The revelation proved to be the tip of the iceberg in systemic rorting of the salary cap by the Eels that ultimately resulted in the deregistration of five officials, the stripping of a dozen competition points, a $750,000 fine and a police probe.

The NRL’s case files showed several Parramatta officials ignored warnings to come forward and properly disclose the relationships between the parties. There is no suggestion of any wrongdoing by Watmough or personnel from Blackcitrus or Score Cube.

Parramatta had seemingly moved on from the whole sorry saga, one of the darkest periods in the club’s history. However, the Supreme Court action raises the prospect of further fallout just as the Eels are under pressure to arrest another late-season slump.

The club declined to comment on the matter.

Meanwhile, Eels halfback Mitchell Moses said the team was eager to put Saturday’s 56-10 loss to Manly behind them heading into this weekend’s match against the Cowboys.

“You’ve got to put those things past you,” he said. “We played a majority of the game with 11 men and didn’t get much of the ball.

“The outside noise isn’t really affecting us; we know what we are doing wrong in our games. We’ve just got to get ourselves out of this little form slump that we are in at the moment and hopefully we can do that this week.”

Moses said the team was more feeling the weight of speculation about the tenure of coach Brad Arthur at the club.

“He’s not the one going out there and making the tackles. That’s completely on us,” Moses said.

“He’s given us good game plans to go out there and perform, but we aren’t doing that at the moment for him. We’ve got to take ownership of that.”

With regard to Gutho: I think what irks most Manly fans is that he has turned out to be a very good First Grader, much better than we -- and the club's powerbrokers at the time -- had anticipated. He is the talisman at Doesn'tmatta, and he shouldn't be belittled for it.
Yes he is a bit of a lair. Yes he has terrible haircuts. But I'll bet if he was available he'd be in Manly's top 17 somewhere and we'd be singing his praises.

He was on the Fan the other night and comes across as the biggest love job out. Huge tickets on himself.

@master blaster @lsz He left Manly because we 'didn't want him'. That's an actual quote from him. Then Arthur, Foran and Watnow coaxed him over to the Eels. When you are coming off a serious injury and a club tells you they don't want you, I suspect he put all loyalties aside and took care himself, which no one can blame him for. So, he didn't agitate for a release according to the man himself. He was unwanted and we used his coin to sign the likes of Walker.

DCE has also gone on record to indicate that he thought Gutho was going to be his next halves partner as a replacement for Foran who had signed with Eels earlier. So it seems fair to indicate that when Gutho signed with Manly, he knew he wasn't going to be the fullback but must have been happy to play elsewhere or he wouldn't have signed. That DCE says he was going to play 6 also points to that notion.

Gutho has been too squeeled up now. Maybe if he stayed manly he wouldn't be the Queen clit he is now.
Good player but a love me do prancing pose

He was on the Fan the other night and comes across as the biggest love job out. Huge tickets on himself.

@master blaster @lsz He left Manly because we 'didn't want him'. That's an actual quote from him. Then Arthur, Foran and Watnow coaxed him over to the Eels. When you are coming off a serious injury and a club tells you they don't want you, I suspect he put all loyalties aside and took care himself, which no one can blame him for. So, he didn't agitate for a release according to the man himself. He was unwanted and we used his coin to sign the likes of Walker.

DCE has also gone on record to indicate that he thought Gutho was going to be his next halves partner as a replacement for Foran who had signed with Eels earlier. So it seems fair to indicate that when Gutho signed with Manly, he knew he wasn't going to be the fullback but must have been happy to play elsewhere or he wouldn't have signed. That DCE says he was going to play 6 also points to that notion.
Makes sense considering we then put Walker into 6

With regard to Gutho: I think what irks most Manly fans is that he has turned out to be a very good First Grader, much better than we -- and the club's powerbrokers at the time -- had anticipated. He is the talisman at Doesn'tmatta, and he shouldn't be belittled for it.
Yes he is a bit of a lair. Yes he has terrible haircuts. But I'll bet if he was available he'd be in Manly's top 17 somewhere and we'd be singing his praises.
I think we all thought Gutho was pretty good but whenever he had a chance in first grade injuries came along.

Instead of having a two year jump on Turbo his injuries prevented that so by the time Turbo was making an irrefutable case for first grade selection there wasn't enough room for the two of them - we still had Snake, Hiku, Jorge, Killer and Matai as our proven regular backs.

They both were fullbacks coming through and filled in in first grade through the usual pathway of on the wing so with one not playing due to an ACL injury and the other scoring tries for fun in both NYC and first grade ( in the few games he played) it became wrong place, wrong time for Gutho - a couple of games in three years.

Coupled with Tooves getting the arse and that's all she wrote. Obviously behind the scenes we'll never know but he's backed himself and doing pretty good.

The History of Gutho has been written so many different times Myth has become fact and fact has been conveniently disposed off in the cause of blame.

My memory is that at the time he re-signed we were under salary cap pressure and had other players to consider retaining ... at the time Gutho was a good up and comer, but with Snake, Lyons, Matai and Tommy coming through, Gutho was simply seen as a reserve luxury we couldn't afford .. the newspaper reports at the time made mention of Manly generously allowing Gutho an early release if he could get a first grade game elsewhere ...

He wasn't punted ... he didn't leave in a huffy fit ... it was just the circumstances at the time with Manly already having a full and expensive backline ..

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6