[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Captain Moondog

Absolute Superstar
This is from the NRL website...pity they don't award points for great training.....

Despite suffering their ninth loss in 11 games, Parramatta players remain confident they can turn their season around and don't believe coach Brad Arthur's tenure should be in question.

Hooker Cameron King can't recall the Eels having a poor training session this season but transferring that solid practice form to the playing field has proven to be a different story.

"The goal is still to play finals," King said.

"I can't remember us having a bad session all year, everyone is really positive. Unfortunately, what we're doing at training is not translating out onto the field on the weekend.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Geez, I would hate to see how they would be travelling if they pulled out a few poor training sessions each week.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
So now, the forward thinking parra recruitment team, sign a 360kg lead balloon for 4 years, when reductions in the interchange are being mooted.
So if and when these changes are implemented they can get Paulo a medical retirement cause he's too fat...

Last edited:

Ned

Bencher
The fact that the NRL haven't seen that its being exploited big time by the Eels is a joke. But then, this is the NRL we're talking about isn't it.....
They've seen it, but just choose to turn a blind eye to it, if it was us Vossy'd be trying to get all our points stripped for that just like he was DURING THE GAME on Saturday night!!

Hope the interchange reduces to 6 or even 4 for the life of this frauds contract

Wouldn't matter, they'll just make up for it in free HIA interchanges with a fake head injury.

midsteyne

loyal forever
This is from the NRL website...pity they don't award points for great training.....

Despite suffering their ninth loss in 11 games, Parramatta players remain confident they can turn their season around and don't believe coach Brad Arthur's tenure should be in question.

Hooker Cameron King can't recall the Eels having a poor training session this season but transferring that solid practice form to the playing field has proven to be a different story.

"The goal is still to play finals," King said.

"I can't remember us having a bad session all year, everyone is really positive. Unfortunately, what we're doing at training is not translating out onto the field on the weekend.
They need to understand they have to get a couple of big boppers.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
An UNBELIEVABLY bad statistic ....

Parra have won the wooden spoon on average once every 5.38 years ......

If they win the wooden spoon this year that will drop to once every 5 years ....... FMD ..... and they want to build them a new stadium ......

The Indian

Bencher

If they win the wooden spoon this year that will drop to once every 5 years ....... FMD ..... and they want to build them a new stadium ......

And for most of their history they have had access to just about the largest junior nursery in the league. That is changing now due to the demographics in the Parramatta area.

But what they have achieved with the resources they have had as their disposal is a scandal. But also quite amusing too.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers

But will it be their stadium or the Wanderers stadium?

Dinga

Reserve Grader
They don't want to build them a new stadium, they are building them one... Or should i say they are building one for the Wanderers.

What a pathetic club !! Imagine if Gutho came back home.

Go Manly

Ned

Bencher
Any excuse to get out of the dumpster fire that is the slime hahaha
french.JPG

Peter C

Bencher
Funny how the Tits aren't forced to have BJ as part of their squad despite the fact that he signed a contract to play for them before he announced his retirement.

What is the difference between BJ's case and ours with Nate Myles?
I think the difference is that BJ decided to retire before his contract actually took effect, therefore he wasn't paid anything, [ or perhaps very minimal ] by the Titans, no way they would have paid him beyond a couple of months and his heart and body wasn't up to it so they decided to part ways.
Problem with Miles was he signed up for three years, 2016,2017,2018,and only fulfilled 15 or so months, before we realised just what a $hithouse player he was, actually we didn't just realise this, we actually knew it before he signed up for us, "thank you Bozo" .
,Melbourne took him off our hands [ with us dumb bastards still paying the bulk of his contract] for the remainder of 2017 and possibly 2018 before Melbourne also realised just what a $hithouse player he is, and didn't take up the option for 2018, despite us still paying the bulk of his contract 2018, so he must've really come across as really $hithouse to Melbourne, as they only had to pay him SFA, but I suppose they thought the slug would only take up a vital number in their 30 man squad.
Craig Field was also bad buy for us, but at least he got us into the 1997 GF with a field goal.

Peter C

Bencher
That still doesn't explain why he is being paid for at least one season after retiring.
I would say that both he and the club came to a mutual agreement, sure we could have enforced the contract and that meant he would've had to come back and play out his final season,which he probably would have done , but that would have been counterproductive for Manly,
We could have tried to palm him off to another Sydney club, however if we did so, we would still be paying most of his contract,I think he had some personal issues which made Melbourne more preferable for him and his wife, so I would say that we probably agreed to pay out his final year, at a discount to his contract price, however we don't get that discount in regards to the salary cap , which was around $500,000, ridiculous.

Moops

Bencher
I would say that both he and the club came to a mutual agreement, sure we could have enforced the contract and that meant he would've had to come back and play out his final season,which he probably would have done , but that would have been counterproductive for Manly,
We could have tried to palm him off to another Sydney club, however if we did so, we would still be paying most of his contract,I think he had some personal issues which made Melbourne more preferable for him and his wife, so I would say that we probably agreed to pay out his final year, at a discount to his contract price, however we don't get that discount in regards to the salary cap , which was around $500,000, ridiculous.

Why would it have been counter-productive for Manly? Couldn't he have been sent to Blacktown permanently and just have been part of their extended squad, without having to actually play him? Make him train with Blacktown and give him a list of schools in the area to visit during the week. Make the &%^*# earn his money. He wouldn't have had to step foot on the Northern Beaches.

Peter C

Bencher
Why would it have been counter-productive for Manly? Couldn't he have been sent to Blacktown permanently and just have been part of their extended squad, without having to actually play him? Make him train with Blacktown and give him a list of schools in the area to visit during the week. Make the &%^*# earn his money. He wouldn't have had to step foot on the Northern Beaches.
True, but let's say for argument's sake that the &%^# was on what's been reported at around $500,000, if we was destined to play his final year for Blacktown, wouldn't it be better to offer $250,000-300,000 for the %^^# to f#&k off, at least we could salvage something from this farcical signing

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
15 10 5 108 24
15 10 5 77 24
16 10 6 195 22
15 8 7 64 20
15 8 7 40 20
16 9 7 2 20
15 8 7 -30 20
15 7 7 28 19
15 7 8 21 18