[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How about: be hopeless most of the time since 1947, cheat, and get new stadia built for you in the 80s and 2018 apparently.

Versus: be successful since 1947, don't cheat, and play out of a park that still looks like 1947 in parts.

Carlton are apparently lobbying for Greenturd to be in charge of handing out AFL punishments......

They got done about 12 years ago and are STILL rying to recover.

Just think of this. Manly and doesn't-matta both entered the competition in 1947. Other than the NE disaster, both have been there since.

• Manly took only 5 seasons to reach the finals and made the Grand Final in that 1951 season. doesn't-matta didn't play finals until 1962 and didn't play in a Grand Final until losing to us in 1976.
  • Manly have won 9 minor premierships. doesn't-matta have won 5.
  • Manly have played in 19 Grand Finals. doesn't-matta have played in 9.
  • Manly have won 8 premierships. doesn't-matta have won 4.
  • Manly won its first premiership in its 26th season. It took doesn't-matta 35 seasons.
  • Since doesn't-matta's last premiership in 1986 they have lost 2 GF's and played in 11 finals series. In that time Manly has won 4 GF's from 8 attempts and played in 20 finals series. Not bad as we missed 3 seasons.
  • Manly have played in 3 World Club Challenge's, winning 1. doesn't-matta have never played in that or the current World Club Series.
  • doesn't-matta have 'won' a league record 13 Wooden Spoon's, including when cheating the salary cap. Manly have been avoiding the spoon since 1947 and are the only pre-1982 club to never finish last.
I think we know which club has been more successful ;)
Not that it is important, but did we win more of those midweek comp things as well. Can remember being at Leichardt oval around 1980 when we beat Newtown. Paul McCabe ran out and kicked a Manly supporter ball up to me in about the 5th last row of the Latcham Robinson stand, that was going to drill a hole in my chest, until my dad dived across me (Kevin Costner bodyguard style) trying to take a screamer and knocked it 10 rows away.

Just did my own research. 2 each. Us in 82 and 83. Dark side in 80 and 86. Our for and against in both wins +35 compared to them +19, so effectively another win.

Not that it is important, but did we win more of those midweek comp things as well. Can remember being at Leichardt oval around 1980 when we beat Newtown. Paul McCabe ran out and kicked a Manly supporter ball up to me in about the 5th last row of the Latcham Robinson stand, that was going to drill a hole in my chest, until my dad dived across me (Kevin Costner bodyguard style) trying to take a screamer and knocked it 10 rows away.

And for the record.....

Manly won the pre-season cup in 1980. We won the KB Cup in 1982 and 1983 and we won the Sevens in 1990, 1994 and 1995.

doesn't-matta won the pre-season cup in 1975, the Tooth Cup and Panasonic Cup in 1980 and 1986 and the Sevens in 1997 and 2003.

So by virtue of one more Seven's title, we still win that one. doesn't-matta lose again lol

I kept reading that as "Eva Longoria" - and I'm happy with that. woot!

Video is fake though (a Gillette marketing thingy).
Yeah, my other favourite current baseball player name is Carlos Santana. Not quite up there with Chuck Knoblauch or Rusty Kuntz, but close.

konerko-getz-kuntz-530x325.jpg

Not true, the Eels can claim a lot of credit for the success of GWS Giants and the Wanderers. Eels failures created the vacuum that sucked up those western Sydney teams.

Last edited:
Actually, doesn't-matta should thank that the Wanderers and GWS even exist. Without them they wouldn't be getting a new stadium to replace their old one which did not actually need replacing. And without them they might not be the NRL's western Sydney golden child because the NRL might not even feel the need to favour them.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6