[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Prez

Reserve Grader
Mate I'm deadset lost for words, at this stage they've lost one decent player and got rid of another in the dodgiest circumstances I've ever seen.

The day it was announced gave them maximum time to do what they had to do, yet another favourable decision by Toggy Greenslime & Co.

So apart from one decent player lost, they are back in the game AND this after 5 years of rorting the system.

They may lose points but at this stage not a thing has been adjusted and the way this has panned out they'll probably retain everything except Nathan Peats.

No doubt commercial interests have played a massive part in these decisions, but you can only wonder had it been us what the differences would have been.

I'm very disillusioned with the sport ,and add things like the continuing Bunker debacles, one sided reffing, favourable draws for the " popular sides" and it won't take a whole lot more for me to just switch off.
I know how you feel mark, but the answer is simple for me: I've switched off already. I watch Manly, love Manly to death whether we win or lose but once the siren sounds I go find some AFL to watch. It's not for everyone, but I feel better knowing I'm a customer who's choosing to take my business elsewhere. Ch7 present the game so much more professionally than Ch9 does with league. I hated AFL when I was a kid, but now that I've learnt the rules it's a far more enjoyable experience. The other great thing is I support GWS, who are direct competition for Parra and the Dogs. Stand up and be counted mate, stick the knife in and hit em' where it hurts I say.

Eagleheart

Bencher
So with that 'Undisclosed Payment Cheating Register' from the speels, what happens to the payments proposed for the rest of this year, 2017 and 2018. Will those payments magically stop just because they were caught?

And if they are stopped, will the players in question (and their managers) be happy with the prospect of not receiving these payments?

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Generally I think Ben Ikin and Paul K*nt deserve one another.

But tonight they were very critical of the punishment handed down by the NRL to the Squeels calling it soft and an incentive to other clubs to roll the dice and cheat.

The called it Melbourne like in its scale and said the punishment should have been similar.....No points.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Exactly.

And if you look at the News Ltd response in general, clearly they see this as an opportunity to hammer an ARL loyal club, rather than a Superleague affiliated one (for a change), over massive payment breaches.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Generally I think Ben Ikin and Paul K*nt deserve one another.

But tonight they were very critical of the punishment handed down by the NRL to the Squeels calling it soft and an incentive to other clubs to roll the dice and cheat.

The called it Melbourne like in its scale and said the punishment should have been similar.....No points.

took them a bloody while to finally reach that conclusion (NRL360)

JenEagle

Bencher
I see how the slime bags have magically been able to offer Norman a significant increase for his next contract.

I'm sure that will be above board. It's not like they cheat or anything!
If they offer Norman 600k a season or 650k that's half of what Foran is on. I wonder if he will be happy with that.

manlywarringah

Bencher
Premium Member
If they offer Norman 600k a season or 650k that's half of what Foran is on. I wonder if he will be happy with that.

Plus his 3rd party deals on top of that.

You would think most players would run from that joint, it's only $ that are keeping them there.

Plenty of bodgy deals still going on i'd say.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/eels/jarryd-hayne-and-manager-wayne-beavis-could-be-included-in-the-nrls-probe-of-the-parramatta-eels-salary-cap-scandal/news-story/79367f96b408c1ba5cdfd791fafcfb30?utm_content=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=EditorialSF&utm_source=DailyTelegraph&utm_medium=Twitter

Jarryd Hayne and manager Wayne Beavis will be included in the NRL’s probe of the Parramatta Eels salary cap scandal

May 18, 2016 12:00am
EXCLUSIVE Nick TabakoffEditor-at-LargeThe Daily Telegraph

THE NRL is set to include Jarryd Hayne and his manager Wayne Beavis in the second phase of its investigation into the Parramatta salary cap scandal, following revelations in this paper yesterday that Hayne was promised up to $465,000 in third-party payments by the club.

An NRL spokesman yesterday would only say that the body was “continuing to review the material from the Parramatta investigation with a view to potentially providing a brief to the Player Agent Accreditation Committee”.

But in announcing the salary cap penalties against the Eels earlier this month — including the loss of 12 competition points and a $1 million fine — NRL Integrity Unit boss Nick Weeks confirmed that there was “a phase of the investigation to come” that would involve “the conduct of player agents”, as well as players.

a8fc6a9d5da5ce20912309876890d5dd

Wayne Beavis.

It is likely that Hayne would only be impacted by the investigation if he was to return to the NRL, as the integrity unit does not have jurisdiction beyond the code.

Weeks said the league would pass information on to the Player Agent Accreditation Committee, which operates independently of the NRL, in the event the integrity unit identified “material that we think they will want to look at”.

As revealed yesterday, Parramatta transferred $52,000 to Hayne in December 2014 — half of that amount to Beavis, and the other $26,000 to a company called JH Promotions.

v1

There are no suggestions Hayne was aware the payments were contrary to NRL rules or that he had done anything wrong.

The revelations comes as NSW police confirmed yesterday they are looking at documents pertaining to the NRL club’s salary-cap breaches.

It is likely that Hayne himself would only be impacted by the investigation if he was to return to the NRL, as the integrity unit does not have jurisdiction beyond the code.

The police investigation will centre on whether fraud occurred while the Eels were cheating the salary cap.

The NSW Police Force has obtained a copy of the NRL’s breach notice, and the Australian Taxation Office is also understood to have made inquiries into the club.

Meanwhile, the extensive evidence provided by taped conversations from board meetings raised questions in rugby league circles yesterday about why more directors, including Tanya Gadiel and Andrew Cordwell, were not also given “show cause” notices. But an NRL spokesman made it clear the code did have significant issues with the behaviour of other board members.

The decision of the code to only issue the notices to five Eels officers “should not be interpreted as an endorsement of the performance of other Parramatta directors”, the spokesman said. “The evidence against the remaining club directors pointed to a lower level of culpability.”

Hayne, speaking in London yesterday where he arrived to train with the Fiji Rugby Sevens team, denied receiving any payments let alone half a million dollars.

“Half a million? Wow. They must have put that in the wrong bank account,” he said.

157f1506d3743e3a9d8b13c108c7f62c

mozgrame

Engorged member
wayne.jpg

Wayne doesn't look like a guy about to be probed. Or does he....:wondering:

That's the worst reaction to a bad situation since......since...........Lewis Brown's effort!

@;)

mozgrame

Engorged member
I'll tell you something. If you mash up your sweet potato, then add some diced bacon, diced onion, a good sprinkle of chilli flakes and a little splash of worcestershire sauce and a cold beverage of your own choosing...

You've got yourself one very tasty and nutritious winter meal, made very quickly at home or out camping. Give it a go!! You'll love it :)

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
My favourite part of everyone of these stories (apart from showing how incompetent parra is) is the line "not that there is any suggestion that the player or manager knew of hte illegal payments"

Come on.

There has to be some personal responsibility. It is right up there with "my drink was spike" or "it was my mum's medication" as an excuse for doping.

yokahontas

Bencher
My favourite part of everyone of these stories (apart from showing how incompetent parra is) is the line "not that there is any suggestion that the player or manager knew of hte illegal payments"

Come on.

There has to be some personal responsibility. It is right up there with "my drink was spike" or "it was my mum's medication" as an excuse for doping.

I strongly suspect that line is required by the legal department. A little bit of journalistic arse-covering, if you will... @;)

yokahontas

Bencher
For sure but it is the same crap that was peddled during the storm time. The players / agents had no idea what they were doing and it was all down to the club.

Totally agree. I hope that there is actually a police/ATO investigation into the fraud stuff here, and then they can drop the 'poor dumb players' crap and start naming names, without the walking on eggshells in case of defamation garbage.

Not likely though.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Parramatta Eels woes continue as NRL lumps $500,000 of illegal third-party agreements into 2017 salary cap
Date
May 18, 2016 - 9:36PM

It's the half-million dollar hangover that will continue to haunt the Parramatta Eels next season.

In a development that could cruel Parramatta's chances of bringing Jarryd Hayne back to the club, Fairfax Media can reveal the fallout from the NRL's salary cap investigation isn't over, with $500,000 worth of third-party agreements guaranteed by the club for 2017 to be included in next year's salary cap.

The salary cap will rise from $6.8 million to $7.1 million next season, however the club's indiscretions over the past few years means the Eels will only have $6.6 million at their disposal in 2017.

1463571402919.jpg

More concerns: Parramatta's salary cap problems appear for from over. Photo: Getty Images

The Eels had $770,000 worth of third-party agreements for the past three years added to the salary cap for this season, which required the club to shed Nathan Peats, Ryan Morgan and retire Anthony Watmough before it was allowed to begin competing for points lat Friday.

On top of the $500,000 next year and the $770,000 for the past three years, it is also understood the club will have another $150,000 worth of TPA's included in the salary cap in 2018.

Fairfax Media understands third-party arrangements with Kieran Foran, Michael Jennings, Semi Radradra, Beau Scott and Watmough will all be included in next year's salary cap, casting huge doubt over the club's ability to afford Hayne at the expected going rate of $1.2 million a season.

If Corey Norman is successful in negotiating the $850,000-a-season deal he is asking for, it is estimated the club will have close to $3.6 million tied up in five players (Foran, Jennings, Scott, Radradra and Norman), leaving just $3 million to spend on the remaining 20 players in the top 25 squad.

Manu Ma'u, Tim Mannah, Tepai Moeroa and Brad Takarangi are among the other high-profile players tied to the club for next season on a total value of about $1 million.

But easing their cap woes is the departure of Peats to the Titans last week, the immediate retirement of Watmough and the defection of Junior Paulo to Canberra next year.

The club also has $600,000 to spend on a marquee player allowance, the majority of which has been allocated to accommodate Foran's multi-million dollar deal.

While Hayne has previously indicated he would like to play for Parramatta if he decided to return to the NRL, the Eels' first priority remains retaining Norman.

The Queenslander is off contract at the end of this season and had agreed to hold off testing his value on the open market out of respect for Parramatta's salary cap woes.

The Eels and his manager Paul Sutton are in the process of of trying to land a deal, however Parramatta's offer of $2.1 million over three seasons is well short of the $2.5 million Norman is hopeful of securing.

Norman will be unlikely to attract third-party arrangements with the dark cloud over the club, the Eels will have to fit the bulk of his contract in the salary cap for next season.

ON CONTRACT

Kieran Foran (2019)
Michael Jennings (2019)
Manu Ma'u (2017)
Tim Mannah (2017)
Semi Radradra (2018)
Beau Scott (2018)
Brad Takarangi (2017)
Kaysa Pritchard (2018)
Peni Terepo (2017)
David Gower (2017)
Clinton Gutherson (2017)
Daniel Alvaro (2018)
Kenny Edwards (2017)
John Folau (2017)
Bevan French (2018)

OFF CONTRACT

Michael Gordon
Danny Wicks
Anthony Watmough (retired)
Isaac De Gois
Vai Toutai
Junior Paulo (Canberra)
Nathan Peats (Titans)
Corey Norman
Cameron King
Luke Kelly
James Hasson
Mitch Cornish

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...salary-cap-20160518-goy5r0.html#ixzz490T9i9wB
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18