Lloyd Perrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Whether Snake and Matai were ever going to play is irrelevant to the fact that they are contracted for 2017 and are IN the salary cap as part of our top 25. (they have not been replaced)

Wether or not I predicted Meehan would go back to boxing is irrelevant to the fact he was contracted and when registered part of our top 25.

But Tookey, forget the 6 players currently out, my question was how many injuries do you need to have,, before you will concede they are a valid reason and not an "excuse."
Not so much the numbers but which players are out We can cover the ones that we know are definately out know without too much problem so no excuses from Barrett

However if we lose Tom or DCE then different story.

Not so much the numbers but which players are out We can cover the ones that we know are definately out know without too much problem so no excuses from Barrett

However if we lose Tom or DCE then different story.

I just can't get my head around how you think Matai and Snake are not part of our top 25 squad?

Of course they are.

What would be the issue with needing to get medical retirements etc if they were not in the top 25 and as a result, not part of the salary cap.

They are in the top 25 well and truly.

You may find that monies being paid to dearly departed players still comes straight out of your main salary cap.

I'm not sure on the source, as i dug this up from a saved txt file when i was researching for something in the past, but i've copied this line from somewhere. (It may be completely wrong, NRL salary cap page doesn't cover this)
  • Any player released before their contract is up where the club is obligated to pay out an agreed remaining portion of their contract is paid out of the Second Tier Salary Pool (currently $460,000) – even if they are now playing for a rival team.

I'm not sure on the source, as i dug this up from a saved txt file when i was researching for something in the past, but i've copied this line from somewhere. (It may be completely wrong, NRL salary cap page doesn't cover this)
  • Any player released before their contract is up where the club is obligated to pay out an agreed remaining portion of their contract is paid out of the Second Tier Salary Pool (currently $460,000) – even if they are now playing for a rival team.

Okay, now I will pass you on to @smithy .(see post #83) Please let me know when you reach an agreement because I got nothing.

Okay, now I will pass you on to @smithy .(see post #83) Please let me know when you reach an agreement because I got nothing.

Haha.

I think this article which details parramatta's cap issues (couldnt resist) shows how it works in practice.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...0000-for-departed-players-20140717-zu4q4.html

They got rid of 8 players.

"As a result of bogus recruitment and retention decisions and back-ending of contracts, the Eels have only 21 players in their top-25 NRL roster and have no room to move under the $6.3 million salary cap.

The depth of the problem is outlined by the fact they are paying upwards of $750,000 this season to eight players – Reni Maitua (Canterbury), Jacob Loko (Canterbury) Daniel Harrison (Manly), Jordan Latham (Manly), Cheyse Blair (Manly), Jake Mullaney (Salford), Matt Ryan (Wakefield Trinity) and Brayden Wiliame (Newcastle) – who have left Parramatta."

Four were over the base rate in 2014 which was 77.5k hence they took 4 of the top 25 spots leaving them with only a top 21 and the cost being subtracted from the cap.

The other 4 would have had payouts below 77.5k and therefore effected the second tier as documented below.

"Parramatta's troubles extend to the $440,000 second-tier cap, under which they are still paying Blair and Wiliame and which counts registration termination payments for England-based Mullaney and Ryan."

So they got hit in both caps in 2014 depending on it be over or under the top 25 minimum payment threshold.

If it all came under the second tier it could easily be exploited the tigers for one would now have no second tier cap left with Farahs payout and could payout whoever they wanted however much they wanted to shift them without affecting any caps.

@smithy post makes sense using the amount you are paying the player to be elsewhere. obviously no way tigers could be paying that amount out of a 2nd tier cap, if its more than the cap itself. so makes sense it is also possible to use main cap and have that player on the books as part of your squad still for $$ purposes. Shame NRL aren't really clear on it as it is a common thing these days.

We are sitting in the same boat with Matai and Stewart until the NRL acknowledge a medical retirement.

Hence on 23 out of 25 players available for Barrett to choose from. Cannot just replace them as has been suggested.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8