Lloyd Perrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
No stiching at all mate , the plan is retain the keys, offer chances to a bunch of players ( some of whom will succeed but others won't ) and enter the market BIG TIME at the end of 2017 for the 2-3 others we need.

I'm on board!!
Totally agree, plenty of good choices being made at the moment IMO. sets us up well

Has left the Dogs. Someone said we signed him? Fair depth signing if we do have him.
No stiching at all mate , the plan is retain the keys, offer chances to a bunch of players ( some of whom will succeed but others won't ) and enter the market BIG TIME at the end of 2017 for the 2-3 others we need.

I'm on board!!
And on top of that we have the best looking jersey we have had in years!!!!

That's the same mob who just 2-3 years ago were begging for Mbye to be their half or 5/8 because he was the future, a play making half who would lead them to glory. Yet this year he was apparently some sort of talentless hack.

That mob also thinks that Des can't coach.
That mob that think Des cant coach were only responding to their coach who had an open cheque book to spend and turned the dogs into the most robotic and predictable team in the finals.

Totally agree, plenty of good choices being made at the moment IMO. sets us up well
Love Marks work and to a degree, a plan...but in reality, like every other NRL team....hold on to your good young players and buy the top shelf stars to give the edge....not a scientific new plan....same as last year , this year and in a decade....make the best of what you have...budget and players available.

Love Marks work and to a degree, a plan...but in reality, like every other NRL team....hold on to your good young players and buy the top shelf stars to give the edge....not a scientific new plan....same as last year , this year and in a decade....make the best of what you have...budget and players available.
I don't agree with that entirely. They have taken the approach to take a risk on as many 'next big thing' signings that have run into obstacles on or off the field. They come with a bigger risk factor than other U20/fringe players, as these guys have issues they need to deal with that can potentially blow-up in your face; however, the pay-off can be huge if a couple can realise their full potential.

They will continue to look for these types of players, keeping and culling as form dictates (which is what each team does), and add a sprinkling of big names when money and opportunity allows.

So whilst the process might be the same - the talent identification strategy is a little different I'd suggest. Couple this with the Blacktown Workers association and we are setting up a pathway to ensure we have a greater talent pool from which to draw from - going into enemy territory to do it. Again, this is a distinct strategy to address an issue that we have seen since we lost the Sunshine Coast association.

The next piece of the puzzle is the coaching and support staff - they have a temporary feel about them and I am not necessarily talking about Barrett here; although, he could well be (I haven't given up hope for him yet). I'd suggest this will change over the next two years (hopefully Cartwright will go for a start).

I don't agree with that entirely. They have taken the approach to take a risk on as many 'next big thing' signings that have run into obstacles on or off the field. They come with a bigger risk factor than other U20/fringe players, as these guys have issues they need to deal with that can potentially blow-up in your face; however, the pay-off can be huge if a couple can realise their full potential.

They will continue to look for these types of players, keeping and culling as form dictates (which is what each team does), and add a sprinkling of big names when money and opportunity allows.

So whilst the process might be the same - the talent identification strategy is a little different I'd suggest. Couple this with the Blacktown Workers association and we are setting up a pathway to ensure we have a greater talent pool from which to draw from - going into enemy territory to do it. Again, this is a distinct strategy to address an issue that we have seen since we lost the Sunshine Coast association.

The next piece of the puzzle is the coaching and support staff - they have a temporary feel about them and I am not necessarily talking about Barrett here; although, he could well be (I haven't given up hope for him yet). I'd suggest this will change over the next two years (hopefully Cartwright will go for a start).
Well played Playz...I like it....thing is there's ALL these potential guns and 2 - 4 will come good....still think if a player like Woods was available today....we sign him for 2017- not say - hey wait, lets be successful till 2018.

Well played Playz...I like it....thing is there's ALL these potential guns and 2 - 4 will come good....still think if a player like Woods was available today....we sign him for 2017- not say - hey wait, lets be successful till 2018.
Yes, true.

I'll be surprised if Brenton Lawrence plays with Manly next season.
I know he's a pin up boy here cause he's apparently a great bloke but i suggest no one will be actively seeking him out to buy from us. So I'm just hoping he's fit and has a red hot go and lives up to his potential for 2017. Otherwise it's Cya later

@TimmyQ has a point about BJ. He'll turn 32 in a couple of weeks and with his recent run of season ending injuries I really can't see many NRL or SL clubs lining up to sign him in a hurry.

@TimmyQ has a point about BJ. He'll turn 32 in a couple of weeks and with his recent run of season ending injuries I really can't see many NRL or SL clubs lining up to sign him in a hurry.

Agree with you and @TimmyQ that as it stands he will be on no-ones buy list.

The thing that is giving me a modicum of hope is that at the beginning of last year coming off the bench was the best football he ever played for us.

I know it is heart over head stuff, but remember, it ain't over til it's over ......

Not saying that BJ is past it and I think he probably has a year or two left in him (coming off the bench) if he can stay relatively healthy. But the fact that we were apparently trying to offload him to Newcastle says a lot.

Unfortunately the injuries he's had has seen his stock plummet a fair bit in the past couple of years. That and his age.

Nope it's why he's still here, he's contracted for 2017 and doesn't have any options otherwise so he may well be the third player we are paying and not getting any game time from.

Hope not though!!

I like BJ (and not just because he grew up in Adelaide :p ), but I really do wish we had got him 10 years ago. Its unfortunate that he started his NRL career relatively late in a 'footballers life' because, if we'd managed to hold on to him for that time, he could easily have been considered one of our great front rowers.

Nope it's why he's still here, he's contracted for 2017 and doesn't have any options otherwise so he may well be the third player we are paying and not getting any game time from.

Hope not though!!

Yeap, and the club is shopping him around apparently. I get the feeling with all the recent signings that BJ is going to be injury cover this season.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8