Lloyd Perrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Surely not another injury?

From Twitter:

@WackosWhispers
Whispers Sea Eagles Lloyd Perrett has a dodgy knee & looks like he will have 2 go under the knife before season starts #memebersexclusivenot

From Twitter:

@WackosWhispers
Whispers Sea Eagles Lloyd Perrett has a dodgy knee & looks like he will have 2 go under the knife before season starts #memebersexclusivenot

Ha, going down like flies and we haven't even been to the 9's yet.

Top 25, we might be flat out getting 17 to round 1 at this rate.

From Twitter:

@WackosWhispers

If true we will have to put a self harm watch on Baz.

At least barrett can wheel out lasts years excuse about injuries being the cause of us not making the semis again

At what point in your opinion does an excuse become a valid reason.

For example, before a game this year we have lost or likely to lose
Snake, Matai, Lussick, Wright, Parker, Perrett, and Meehan.

That 20% of our top 25. No big deal, but how many do you need us to lose to concede it may just affect our chances?

Anyone know how the top 25 works? Meaning, if Lussick, Perrett and Hastings are all injured at the start of the season, can we effectively use 28? With these guys introduced later.

Or you nominate your 25 prior to the season starting and that's it?

I know last year we had to get approval from the NRL to go above and beyond the 25, perhaps these pre season surgeries have something to do with that?

In addition to the top 25 you also have what is called your 2nd tier. This is an actual dollar fiqure (say 500,000) that is the accumulative total of all players outside the 25 you can use.

eg you could use 5 x $100,000 players or say 10 x $50,000 players

Our problem last year was we had used up all our 2nd tier space and without an exception couldn't add on any more players.

2nd tier is also often much less than the allocated amount before you even start the season, as any players you are paying to play elsewhere, that money comes from your 2nd tier cap I am pretty sure. So if there is poor management of that, it is when clubs can get into real strife.
Ie. tigers probably will have some 2nd tier issues given what they are paying farah will come from there.. hence why it seems they are looking to offload a few, and bring some min wage players into the main squad an "balance the cap" a bit. A handful of injuries and it'll be panic stations there.

2nd tier is also often much less than the allocated amount before you even start the season, as any players you are paying to play elsewhere, that money comes from your 2nd tier cap I am pretty sure. So if there is poor management of that, it is when clubs can get into real strife.
Ie. tigers probably will have some 2nd tier issues given what they are paying farah will come from there.. hence why it seems they are looking to offload a few, and bring some min wage players into the main squad an "balance the cap" a bit. A handful of injuries and it'll be panic stations there.

You may find that monies being paid to dearly departed players still comes straight out of your main salary cap.

That 20% of our top 25. No big deal, but how many do you need us to lose to concede it may just affect our chances?
Hasn't it been clear for a while that Snake and Matai won't be playing? Lussick is the only big out for me. The other 4 are not in any way proven 1st graders and if we have to rely on Parker, Perrett and Wright to win us games we're in a lot of trouble. But of course, it's never nice to see our players get injured. We've had a bugger of a few seasons.

Hasn't it been clear for a while that Snake and Matai won't be playing? Lussick is the only big out for me. The other 4 are not in any way proven 1st graders and if we have to rely on Parker, Perrett and Wright to win us games we're in a lot of trouble. But of course, it's never nice to see our players get injured. We've had a bugger of a few seasons.

As clear as it has been, they are still on the books and part of our top 25, and if you prefer to say it this way ... we are starting the season with a top 23. Whilst the others may or may not be regular first graders they are still in our top 25.. my comment stands ... that is 20% of our top 25.

We will need all the parkers, Wrights and Perretts to win games .... it always takes upto 28/30 players to win a comp.

Isn't wackos whispers a troll account?
I remember him being way off on a few things last year.

Last edited:
Isn't wackos whispers a troll account?
I remember him being way off on a few things last year.

Generally only reports on injuries and ins/outs for sides leading up in to a round. More often than not, on the money.

Snake and Matai were never going to play this year so would not be counted in our top 25.

You said that you knew that meehan would go back to boxing so he can also be discounted Also he has not been cleared by the NRL so he would not be counted in our top 25

I don't hear too many other teams having as many injuries as us so I wonder if our rookie coach's training methods are contributing?

I am also not convinced that ferris our our answer either as the titans had a poor injury record when he was there but were much better last year.

Don't recall Des using injuries as an excuse when he was coach

Snake and Matai were never going to play this year so would not be counted in our top 25.

You said that you knew that meehan would go back to boxing so he can also be discounted Also he has not been cleared by the NRL so he would not be counted in our top 25

I don't hear too many other teams having as many injuries as us so I wonder if our rookie coach's training methods are contributing?

I am also not convinced that ferris our our answer either as the titans had a poor injury record when he was there but were much better last year.

Don't recall Des using injuries as an excuse when he was coach

Whether Snake and Matai were ever going to play is irrelevant to the fact that they are contracted for 2017 and are IN the salary cap as part of our top 25. (they have not been replaced)

Wether or not I predicted Meehan would go back to boxing is irrelevant to the fact he was contracted and when registered part of our top 25.

But Tookey, forget the 6 players currently out, my question was how many injuries do you need to have,, before you will concede they are a valid reason and not an "excuse."

You may find that monies being paid to dearly departed players still comes straight out of your main salary cap.
The way it works is that you have your top 25 under the 7 mil cap. You second tier cap is 440k. Minimum salary for a top 25 player in 2017 is 85k. Therefore if you had 10 players outside the top 25 at 80k you can play 5 of them (5 x 80 = 400k) before needing special dispensation to play another as it would push you over 440k cap. With players that have been released or where a payout has been negotiated the amount of the payout determines what cap they fill up. So if Farah is paid 650k by Tigers he will take up 1 place in their top 25 and 650k of their 7 mil cap. If Meehan had left and joined another club and we had already paid him 40k from Nov 1 when the league year started then he would eat up 40k of our second tier cap meaning we only had 400k left.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7