Likely team for Rd 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Ranga

Bencher
Tipping Member
Do you think Elliot will get a place in the back 5 when Turbo comes back?
I definitely do. I think he will move to the centres when Turbo comes back.
By no means is he a world beater, but I think we will be pleasantly surprised if he has a decent run with injuries. There is every chance that we will be looking back in years to come and see him as a very astute signing. (The complete opposite is also true, but hey, glass half full and all that...)

Sue

Bencher
He had some decent games for roosters in centres but we are talking about a bloke at his fourth club already and two of those that punted him were spoon holders and spoon contenders.

Sue

Bencher
Tommy Turbo not back to round 3 ( MWSE Facebook page ).

Unless it’s a smokescreen!!
Not likely Mark. Except for Tangles last year I have never seen a Manly player return early.
Not a happy camper as I’m heading down from Coast for Roosters game. Having Latrell Mitchell nightmares already. God help us in that game but can’t wait for a footy fix.

Ryan

Journey Man
Not likely Mark. Except for Tangles last year I have never seen a Manly player return early.
Not a happy camper as I’m heading down from Coast for Roosters game. Having Latrell Mitchell nightmares already. God help us in that game but can’t wait for a footy fix.

Suli should have taken a rape charge out on Tupou. Sorry to be crass, but Tupou literally tore Suli and Parker a new arsehole.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Yes I think I’ll record that game and check the score out first , could be a bloodbath.

Ryan

Journey Man
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/06/nrl-round-1-predicted-line-ups/

Sea Eagles

A hamstring strain to Tom Trbojevic and the standing down of Dylan Walker leave backline stocks thin on the ground, with Brendan Elliott the likely fullback and Tevita Funa pressing for a wing spot. If Trent Hodkinson beats Kane Elgey in the race to partner Daly Cherry-Evans in the halves Manase Fainu would be the likely new bench utility. Taniela Paseka and Kelepi Tanginoa are struggling with knee injuries.

1. Brendan Elliott
  2. Jorge Taufua
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Brad Parker
  5. Reuben Garrick
  6. Kane Elgey
  7. Daly Cherry-Evans
  8. Addin Fonua-Blake
  9. Apisai Koroisau
  10. Martin Taupau
  11. Joel Thompson
  12. Curtis Sironen
  13. Jake Trbojevic
Interchange:

1. Trent Hodkinson
  2. Lloyd Perrett
  3. Jack Gosiewski
  4. Frank Winterstein

Wests Tigers

In a backline logjam it appears recent recruit Robert Jennings has edged out Paul Momirovski in the centres and Corey Thompson will keep Mahe Fonua out of a full-strength 17 on the wing. A broken jaw to Chris Lawrence hands a starting chance to another second-rower – possibly Luke Garner – while the big question over how three fits into two in the halves looks likely to mean an early-season bench utility role for Josh Reynolds.

1. Moses Mbye (c)
  2. Corey Thompson
  3. Robert Jennings
  4. Esan Marsters
  5. David Nofoaluma
  6. Benji Marshall
  7. Luke Brooks
  8. Russell Packer
  9. Robbie Farah
  10. Ben Matulino
  11. Luke Garner
  12. Ryan Matterson
  13. Elijah Taylor
Interchange:

1. Josh Reynolds
  2. Alex Twal
  3. Matt Eisenhuth
  4. Michael Chee Kam

TimmyQ

Bencher
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/06/nrl-round-1-predicted-line-ups/

Sea Eagles

A hamstring strain to Tom Trbojevic and the standing down of Dylan Walker leave backline stocks thin on the ground, with Brendan Elliott the likely fullback and Tevita Funa pressing for a wing spot. If Trent Hodkinson beats Kane Elgey in the race to partner Daly Cherry-Evans in the halves Manase Fainu would be the likely new bench utility. Taniela Paseka and Kelepi Tanginoa are struggling with knee injuries.

1. Brendan Elliott
  2. Jorge Taufua
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Brad Parker
  5. Reuben Garrick
  6. Kane Elgey
  7. Daly Cherry-Evans
  8. Addin Fonua-Blake
  9. Apisai Koroisau
  10. Martin Taupau
  11. Joel Thompson
  12. Curtis Sironen
  13. Jake Trbojevic
Interchange:

1. Trent Hodkinson
  2. Lloyd Perrett
  3. Jack Gosiewski
  4. Frank Winterstein

Wests Tigers

In a backline logjam it appears recent recruit Robert Jennings has edged out Paul Momirovski in the centres and Corey Thompson will keep Mahe Fonua out of a full-strength 17 on the wing. A broken jaw to Chris Lawrence hands a starting chance to another second-rower – possibly Luke Garner – while the big question over how three fits into two in the halves looks likely to mean an early-season bench utility role for Josh Reynolds.

1. Moses Mbye (c)
  2. Corey Thompson
  3. Robert Jennings
  4. Esan Marsters
  5. David Nofoaluma
  6. Benji Marshall
  7. Luke Brooks
  8. Russell Packer
  9. Robbie Farah
  10. Ben Matulino
  11. Luke Garner
  12. Ryan Matterson
  13. Elijah Taylor
Interchange:

1. Josh Reynolds
  2. Alex Twal
  3. Matt Eisenhuth
  4. Michael Chee Kam
I'd honestly never seen Kade Cust play before the Roosters trial but gee he was an impressive little livewire. Reminded me a bit of Ben Hunt, short stockyish but lightning quick over 30 metres. I see him potentially being a very handy bench player if he continues to develop. If he's good defensively has some upside.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I'd honestly never seen Kade Cust play before the Roosters trial but gee he was an impressive little livewire. Reminded me a bit of Ben Hunt, short stockyish but lightning quick over 30 metres. I see him potentially being a very handy bench player if he continues to develop. If he's good defensively has some upside.
Cust is a keeper !!!

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I’m still worried when I read on TwitFace that our likely team consists of a backline pairing of Parker & Suli in the centres.

And you keep reading it day after day.

Look, I also know Des doesn’t have many other options so I’m not blaming him but FMD if that’s the best we’ve got I’m really worried.

Garrick it seems will take a wing spot.

I guess we’ll know next Tuesday but can’t say I’m looking forward to that part of the announcement!

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I’m still worried when I read on TwitFace that our likely team consists of a backline pairing of Parker & Suli in the centres.

And you keep reading it day after day.

Look, I also know Des doesn’t have many other options so I’m not blaming him but FMD if that’s the best we’ve got I’m really worried.

Garrick it seems will take a wing spot.

I guess we’ll know next Tuesday but can’t say I’m looking forward to that part of the announcement!
I am sure this year our backs under Des will defend better than this mate
https://www.nrl.com/news/2017/04/08/rd-6-sea-eagles-v-dragons-hls/

eaglebuzz

Bencher
The whole squad will improve under Des. I think we can make the 8 but we probably don't have the cattle to go deep in to the finals this year.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
The whole squad will improve under Des. I think we can make the 8 but we probably don't have the cattle to go deep in to the finals this year.

By the time we make our way into the top 8 , the winning momentum will be on our side . Our confidence will be up and we will be flying high into the finals

Mate , who needs cattle when we have Sea eagles that can fly !!!

Last edited:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18