• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

is it a mistake to keep Lewis?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Does anyone else find it more than a coincidence that both of Barrett's Penrith recruits, neither of whom had any game time in the pre-season (Nines or trials), have started both games we've played so far and neither have been all that good?

I'm not saying that Brown and Koroisau are the reason we are 0-2, far from it. They have just been part of the problem. I am saying that it adds fuel to the thinking that Barrett is looking after the recruits from his old clubs (add Green and Vave) mostly at the expense of those who were already here at Manly.

Brown as a current Kiwi international I can understand being in the NRL side, though he needs to improve on the field and not just talk about it in the media. But Koroisau, with what he went through personally and the fact that he didn't play at all in the pre-season, should be in NSW Cup.
I also wonder if its a coincidence that Gould never put up much of a fight to keep these two that left with Barrett.

Just for fun maybe these stories quoting players saying what they will do that appear during the week before the game should be read out to the playing group straight after the game, win, lose or draw. Kind of like a recap in front of their peers.

We have scored 28 points against 64. The players should be in lock down until they actually have something to crow (or squawk, not tweet) about.

To be fair I think our media manager ( not Couzo he's just there in name) is just trying to push out non stop good news stories regardless of the **** we are in.

Not sure how he'll manage that if we 0/8 but you can bet they'll still keep coming as otherwise there's a LOT ( and by a lot I mean a truck load ) of kudos for what they have done on the line.

And we just can't have Bozo, Mr Fluffy and ZtH looking silly can we???......lol

This positive press is very un-Manly like, our team thrives on the siege mentality and believing in us against the world. Could this be another reason we have spiralled?

We'd be far better off to go into a 100% media blockout.

Actions speak much louder than words.

I have always thought the recruitment of Brown was strange. I'd never rated him as anything special, but I kept reading glowing reports about Bozo the Messiah and thought he'd be a far better judge of footballers than me.
I'm waiting for Bozo to be proven right.
To me, Brown is no better than T-Red or Leary, but I'd love him to show me up.

I have always thought the recruitment of Brown was strange. I'd never rated him as anything special, but I kept reading glowing reports about Bozo the Messiah and thought he'd be a far better judge of footballers than me.
I'm waiting for Bozo to be proven right.
To me, Brown is no better than T-Red or Leary, but I'd love him to show me up.

I think he does have " utility" value.

T Red has played centre I guess, Leary I feel is one of the hardest done by in this " Barrett love fest ", he's a well above average player surviving on little to no time to showcase his abilities

I think he does have " utility" value.

T Red has played centre I guess, Leary I feel is one of the hardest done by in this " Barrett love fest ", he's a well above average player surviving on little to no time to showcase his abilities
Leary is solid-but average in my estimate....he does have upside if he continues to put in. It's 2 games in, so I hardly think he has been hard done by at this stage. Lewis Brown needs more than 2 games off no pre-season to show his capability and get match fit. He was signed because he had a game that the coaching staff wanted to complement the team. I will reserve all my judgement till Round 6-8.

Does anyone else find it more than a coincidence that both of Barrett's Penrith recruits, neither of whom had any game time in the pre-season (Nines or trials), have started both games we've played so far and neither have been all that good?

I'm not saying that Brown and Koroisau are the reason we are 0-2, far from it. They have just been part of the problem. I am saying that it adds fuel to the thinking that Barrett is looking after the recruits from his old clubs (add Green and Vave) mostly at the expense of those who were already here at Manly.

Brown as a current Kiwi international I can understand being in the NRL side, though he needs to improve on the field and not just talk about it in the media. But Koroisau, with what he went through personally and the fact that he didn't play at all in the pre-season, should be in NSW Cup.

Mate, we all see it too.

Brown is an energetic full-on footballer that always has a go. But can not recall him ever being other than a bench/utility option, even for NZ.

As a bench player he brings a level of enthusiasm that can lift flagging team mates and cover several positions.

What he isn't is an 80 min 2nd rower.

Brown is an energetic full-on footballer that always has a go. But can not recall him ever being other than a bench/utility option, even for NZ.

As a bench player he brings a level of enthusiasm that can lift flagging team mates and cover several positions.

What he isn't is an 80 min 2nd rower.
Why isn't he?

Why isn't he?
I don't think he has the discipline and positional awareness to maintain a tight defensive pattern for 80 mins. I just think he is more enthusiasm than structure. Doesn't mean they can't turn him into one, but if they do you will probably lose the traits that saw him make the NZ side.

Still missed 4 tackles tonight but was hardly the reason we lost.

Best game I've seen him play in the maroon and white.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10