Leagues Club Live

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I attended the meeting with a similar mindset to you but I left feeling a little assured that Scott is committed to success as are we all, and that Lyall is a smart and professional administrator.
The crowd were polite and I'd like to think it reflects well in the make-up of the fans - intelligent and not easily fooled but respectful and understanding of the major hurdles the club faces to be competitive in a comp skewed to the 'big 3': Easts, Brisbane and Melbourne. I doubt there would have been the level of intelligence shown at a meeting of Eels and Bulldogs fans.
However, basically little was confirmed except that Scott is not selling up, Kapow is staying and we are committed to Lottoland (a moniker I hate but which Lyall kept using, indicating that the club still needs the sponsorship money). Time will tell, of course.
The on-field performances in 2019 are really all that matters. Start winning and fans will flock back and money will flow. An upgraded oval won't translate to winning matches.
Lyall continually praised the strength of our core playing stock and seemed to think it was just a matter of improving our player depth that we needed.
Perhaps success will come simply by our players getting more mentally tough. Perhaps we don't need a complete overhaul. Getting Matt Ballin back would help with getting all players to buy into the Manly 'culture' and not looking upon their role as earning money.

I’m happy that you enjoyed your experience & you sound positive. If the Penn management continues to administer the club as they have since 2012, promising everything & delivering zero,you won’t have too attend many more information nights.
The NRL are just waiting for a Sydney based Club to fall over & we are looking deadset favourites. Talks cheap, aggressive financial management is needed now.

I sincerely hope that the play nice noices and the we are taking charge and we have everything under control it it will be all systems go from now on are correct .....

And I certainly hope that Penns "desire" to have Manly old boys contribute to the clubs future comes to fruition .....

But on one hand we have Scot at a members meeting smiling and making assurances .... great, I want to believe it possible ....

but on the other hand we have the following 10 year record of Penn's actual track record of relationships with Manly greats ..

.. Farked of Delmege .. very acrimonious
.. Farked off Hasler the 2 time Premiership winning coach until he was that over it he quit and went for Payback .. very acrimonious
.. Farked off the past 4 CEO's .. all acrimonious ..
.. Farked off Toovey a club Legend ... 2V to classy to engage in a bull**** battle .....
.. Brought relations with the Football Club to an all time low .....
.. Farked off the wondrful Eagles Angels ... FMD .. WHY!
.. Manly Greats who for one reason or another fell foul of the Junta or left and haven't looked back ... Stewart x 2 , Matai, Lyon, Foran, Watmough,

Everything was going to be just roses when Penn got full control ... no more board room dramas stopping his wonderful efforts .... that didn't happen .....

So Scot, I do sincerely hope, that the 10 year apprentiship you have just completed has been worthwhile and that the play nice noises you made for the members are in fact the new you .... I need it to be true , Manly need it to be true and Silvertails need it to be true ....

Maybe Manly could be innovative in this way. Manly and many other clubs connect with children well. Engaging the 16-30s is more difficult but would be a step forward. It would be great for the club could communicate that their voices are important to the future of Manly.

I remember we had some wonderful, powerful and innovative women start a support group once ..... Eagle Angels ..... how the club stuffed that up is still beyond my comprehension ..

25k plastic chairs at bunnings at @$20 a pop = $500k. Heavy duty tarp at BCF @$50 a pop. Say 1,000 = $50,000. Tape and poles say $100k. Total cost $650k. Sorted. Next?
I like it. It would put us on the cuting edge. I'll even give you a hand.

You think I'm miffed??? hat went outside and punched a Sasquatch right in the sack! All those damn photos, he mumbled, and never a thanks from the club. He has threatened to send pics of his 'junk' to the media!

It just proves that @Ryan and I don’t post ****!!

.........well much of it anyway!

25k plastic chairs at bunnings at @$20 a pop = $500k. Heavy duty tarp at BCF @$50 a pop. Say 1,000 = $50,000. Tape and poles say $100k. Total cost $650k. Sorted. Next?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 11.43.44 am.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 11.43.44 am.png
    305.4 KB · Views: 15
Can anyone clarify the proposed ground capacity?

15,000 seats plus the hill sounds perfect but I don’t think it’s what they meant.

Every upgrade they’ve done has reduced the capacity. If they are putting in 3000 seats, I’d say that’s in place of existing seating on the hill or family hill.

One post mentioned northern end, that would be family hill scoreboard end, while another thought the 3000 seats were on the hill.

If we end up with just the 15,000 capacity, that won’t be enough to sustain us for 10 home games. We would have to sell out every home game and we all know that won’t happen.

Games against the likes of parra, dogs, Souths or even Melbourne would attract more than the 15,000 if we’re playing well.

What I think this means, will be more games taken away from Brookie. The Penns will say 15,000 isn’t a big enough stadium and he will put it to a vote for another 4 games to be played at the new Sydney Stadium at Moore Park and maybe even one at the new Western Sydney stadium against parra, dogs, Penrith or tigers. I would back this proposal. I think to be a powerful club once again, 6 games at Brookie and a mixture of 6 games at Suncorp, NZ, Western Sydney and Sydney Stadium would keep the money coming in.

We just won’t survive at Brookie if it is a 15,000 seat maximum....not for 10 home games.

I'm sorry but it sounds like the old "the cheque is in the mail" line. The reality is that they had nothing the to report. They still haven't sorted out the Barrett mess and they haven't signed a new coach. The cheque hasn't even been written yet!

In terms of what was said in the email I have copy a direct quote in another thread.

Ryan - all the club staff were there last night (with exception of key coaching staff - on leave and probably for obvious reasons) it wasn’t compulsory but all came without having to be asked. The GM football John Bonsara was there.

One thing I should also mention is that we should be quite proud of the way everyone conducted themselves. People were respected and questions were asked on a respectful manner. The meeting had the potential to be an absolute **** fight and I reckon in a similar position many other club forums would have turned out that way. Well done Manly members!

Ryan seriously ring up the club and have your say and ask - rather than making assumptions etc
Who was the guy moving the microphone around the room Wheel. The guy in the grey suit, open neck white shirt

Good on you Slide. A sure way to look young is to hang around older people.:D On a serious note though I don't think it's that concerning that not many young people attended. Not really the atmosphere a bunch of 25 year olds would feel comfortable in. There would have been a lack of rap music and selfie sticks so they wouldn't know what to do.:wasntme:
However, I think it would be a great idea to promote youth membership. Maybe say, promote 16-30 year olds as young members and have some meetings tailored specifically for the youth voice as they are the future. Having a voice at a young age may consolidate life long loyalty. This loyalty is disappearing from the game and sadly I feel it's part of the vision for the NRL as money is the main agenda.
Working in schools I see countless kids with multiple footy jerseys and the NRL makes money from the sales.
Give youth a voice Manly, then they'll pass it on like we did.
Anyway I'm off with my selfie stick to take some pics of myself dancing to Eminem.@:D
Hmmmmm......

As a late 20’s male I feel I’m equipped to respond to this. I’m the demographic that sports like league should be targeting (25-35). Reasonably large disposable income (professional age), professional with few responsibilities beyond wife, living expenses etc.

It’s not money that turns me away from league though or many people I know. It’s endemic and systemic issues with the sport itself. It’s why the average fan is now in their early 50’s. There are countless other options for my $ some of them being other sports, some being a ridiculously overpriced housing market.

Content on other markets like nba is engaging and fun. Content around nrl makes me want to slit my wrists. ****wits like buzz rothfield being in both print and tv makes me want to puke. The negativity around league is just not needed in life.

If I wanted made up drama I’d read new idea and I know a lot of people that feel the same.

Then don’t get me started on game day and it’s not just manly it’s an nrl wide issue. You pay $30 to turn and sit on a piece of grass and drink mid strength beer and queue forever to get it. Or the alternative is I can sit on my comfy lounge, have a beer and watch foxtel on mute whenever I have to hear that ****wit anasta

I realize this all sounds like a whinge but many are the reasons the nrl is ignoring.

And that doesn’t even start on how ****ed the anti manly bias is. Commentators should be objective!!!

Market share will continue to decline unless they try to address some of these things. Participation is down to 3% which doesn’t bode well for actually having a future sport. No wonder a trainer now acts as an under 6s coach!!!

Rant over

Hmmmmm......

As a late 20’s male I feel I’m equipped to respond to this. I’m the demographic that sports like league should be targeting (25-35). Reasonably large disposable income (professional age), professional with few responsibilities beyond wife, living expenses etc.

It’s not money that turns me away from league though or many people I know. It’s endemic and systemic issues with the sport itself. It’s why the average fan is now in their early 50’s. There are countless other options for my $ some of them being other sports, some being a ridiculously overpriced housing market.

Content on other markets like nba is engaging and fun. Content around nrl makes me want to slit my wrists. ****wits like buzz rothfield being in both print and tv makes me want to puke. The negativity around league is just not needed in life.

If I wanted made up drama I’d read new idea and I know a lot of people that feel the same.

Then don’t get me started on game day and it’s not just manly it’s an nrl wide issue. You pay $30 to turn and sit on a piece of grass and drink mid strength beer and queue forever to get it. Or the alternative is I can sit on my comfy lounge, have a beer and watch foxtel on mute whenever I have to hear that ****wit anasta

I realize this all sounds like a whinge but many are the reasons the nrl is ignoring.

And that doesn’t even start on how ****ed the anti manly bias is. Commentators should be objective!!!

Market share will continue to decline unless they try to address some of these things. Participation is down to 3% which doesn’t bode well for actually having a future sport. No wonder a trainer now acts as an under 6s coach!!!

Rant over
Completely agree. I'm in the same demographic and I feel that the NRL aren't fixing the systemic issues in their governance of the sport but are also promoting the features that only the older fans can connect with.

Suburban grounds are great for the older crowd that love their nostalgia but the lack of modern facilities is turning away the new-age fan from game day experiences. There's only talk of technology being used in refereeing the sport but no talk of improving the fan's experience using technology. The only thing going for the NRL is the passionate club supporter but the bias and lack of a level playing field is turning them away as well.

Just take a look at how the gf ended. A team with the ball running backwards. Another pet hate Players shaking hands before full time, itit just erks me.

In the 80s the best game of league you could watch, was when a try decided the game "after" the siren.

In a close game it was amazing how exciting the throw the ball around was at the end.

Why would you take that out of the game? To finish on time? I ask you this. What happens during golden point!

How great was it when a player had to get tackled for the game to be over!!!

Now we have time wasting at scrums, kicking the ball out, throwing it out, or just shake hands with 30 seconds left on the clock.

The world has gone mad.

And golden point, what's this drop kick crap. Since when is that the pinnacle of the game?

The only problem with extra time, ever was, some stain left it out of the rule book in state of origin.

So instead of fixing it up, they created a bigger stuff up golden point and applied it to the NRL.

It's hard to fathom the decision making at the NRL.

The game could easily be as insignificant as Union in as little as 10 years.

Can anyone clarify the proposed ground capacity?

15,000 seats plus the hill sounds perfect but I don’t think it’s what they meant.

Every upgrade they’ve done has reduced the capacity. If they are putting in 3000 seats, I’d say that’s in place of existing seating on the hill or family hill.

One post mentioned northern end, that would be family hill scoreboard end, while another thought the 3000 seats were on the hill.

If we end up with just the 15,000 capacity, that won’t be enough to sustain us for 10 home games. We would have to sell out every home game and we all know that won’t happen.

Games against the likes of parra, dogs, Souths or even Melbourne would attract more than the 15,000 if we’re playing well.

What I think this means, will be more games taken away from Brookie. The Penns will say 15,000 isn’t a big enough stadium and he will put it to a vote for another 4 games to be played at the new Sydney Stadium at Moore Park and maybe even one at the new Western Sydney stadium against parra, dogs, Penrith or tigers. I would back this proposal. I think to be a powerful club once again, 6 games at Brookie and a mixture of 6 games at Suncorp, NZ, Western Sydney and Sydney Stadium would keep the money coming in.

We just won’t survive at Brookie if it is a 15,000 seat maximum....not for 10 home games.

I agree in hearing about 15,000 seat Boutique Stadium we really need to have something like 20,000 to compete in the modern world.

If we rebuilt Brookie Oval in the mid 1980’s or 1990’s we would be calling for a 25,000 to 28,000 seat stadium.

It has to be 20,000 at the very minimum (or even 22,000 capacity) especially if we can look to get an odd Waratah Rugby Game or Sydney FC game in the future. We need the new stadium to be used more than the 10 to 12 NRL games in the year.

Completely agree. I'm in the same demographic and I feel that the NRL aren't fixing the systemic issues in their governance of the sport but are also promoting the features that only the older fans can connect with.

Suburban grounds are great for the older crowd that love their nostalgia but the lack of modern facilities is turning away the new-age fan from game day experiences. There's only talk of technology being used in refereeing the sport but no talk of improving the fan's experience using technology. The only thing going for the NRL is the passionate club supporter but the bias and lack of a level playing field is turning them away as well.
Sad part is that this could be easily addressed via a defined marketing strategy (something our club seems to lack...not forgetting the NRL)

I agree in hearing about 15,000 seat Boutique Stadium we really need to have something like 20,000 to compete in the modern world.

If we rebuilt Brookie Oval in the mid 1980’s or 1990’s we would be calling for a 25,000 to 28,000 seat stadium.

It has to be 20,000 at the very minimum (or even 22,000 capacity) especially if we can look to get an odd Waratah Rugby Game or Sydney FC game in the future. We need the new stadium to be used more than the 10 to 12 NRL games in the year.

Completely agree.

The slime have benefitted from a $300 million stadium due to the wanderers also using the ground.

If the Waratahs and Sydney FC (Warringah and Manly Marlins) play a game or 2 a year, we may be able to attract enough money to upgrade to 20,000.

Pie in the sky dreaming though...

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11