Leagues Club Live

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
No one would seriosuly build a 15000

Id love to actually see what all the other teams have to see if we are that far behind. I doubt Wests Tigers have a Mecca at Concord for example.

Someone posted an article (maybe Twitter, or here - forget where, with my fractured skull lol) about Luke Keary jokingly saying he thought the Chooks were the glamour club, then found out post signing with them, the amenities were really , really poor.

He then jokingly said that if he knew what his training conditions would be like, he may not have signed.

I don't think our Narrabeen amenities are as bad as anyone makes out.

I think the place is beautiful to be honest. The only things I think need upgrading, is the offices.

Is it also feasible that one reason the Penn’s wouldn’t agree to Maguire’s demand of appointing all staff is that they would be facing payouts for Barrett, Cartwright, Ferris, Randall? Also no Ballin, Menzies etc back in the fold. Simple economics may have come into it. The fact they were chasing Maguire is a positive however if we end up with Cartwright as a transitional measure then so be it. Get the attitude right and the squad is competitive.

Cartwrong a transition!!

To whom??

Can’t help but feel we are at the lowest ebb in 20 years, right now.

Cartwrong for two years........well that’s only going to drive us further into the ****er!!

If it’s not Cleary , and not Maguire then at least Neil Henry has some credibility!!

Do you enjoy wallowing in misery? You’ve become almost like a troll on here. Does it fill you with joy to try to crush the optimism of anyone?

I’ve said this a bunch of times but this Brookie thing is happening. It will likely be in stages but it will happen. The centre of excellence money is defined program funds. It needs to be spent. Believe it or not but I will quote my own post later. You’ve just become so jaded
Forgive me if I don't believe it but I'm in my late 50s and I have lived on the Northern Beaches all my life and I have heard all this before and nothing has ever happened. This talk is all "boy who cried wolf" stuff" especially given the NRL and state governments stated stadia strategy, which doesn't include upgrades to small suburban grounds in non marginal electoral seats, I just can't see it happening. However, all my life I have hoped it would happen and I sincerely hope that you are correct as without an upgrade the Sea Eagles days on the Northern Beaches are well and truly numbered,

Last edited:
Someone posted an article (maybe Twitter, or here - forget where, with my fractured skull lol) about Luke Keary jokingly saying he thought the Chooks were the glamour club, then found out post signing with them, the amenities were really , really poor.

He then jokingly said that if he knew what his training conditions would be like, he may not have signed.

I think the place is beautiful to be honest. The only things I think need upgrading, is the offices.
If anyone thinks we are going to win more games by having better offices think again

Forgive me if I don't believe it but I'm in my late 50s and I have lived on the Northern Beaches all my life and I have heard all this before and nothing has ever happened. This talk is all "boy who cried wolf" stuff" especially given the NRL and state governments stated stadia strategy, which doesn't include upgrades to small suburban grounds in non marginal electoral seats, I just can't see it happening. However, all my life I have hoped it would happen and I sincerely hope that you are correct as without an upgrade the Sea Eagles days on the Northern Beaches are well and truly numbered,
Try some reverse psychology.
Stay living on the beaches but hope it doesn't happen.
Then it might.
Stranger things have happened.
We are Manly...

The reality is that Barrett dropped a huge turd on us and the media is smearing it all over the place, thanks again Baz.

I’m 10 years younger than you and I can remember the tunnel getting filled in, the southern stand being erected, the arko stand being erected, and some minor Jane try additions.

It’ll happen.

The tunnel - I miss it. I suppose concrete cancer had taken hold. Also lead to a reduction of the hill’s capacity and a further diminution of the enclosed feeling at the southern end.

I agree with Shoe - things will happen. Perhaps slowly, perhaps more piecemeal than we would like.

But they will happen.

@Mitch @The Wheel hey guys I heard one female member took it upon herself to tell others not to ask negative questions before the forum
Started and then said said” for ****s sake move on and why don’t u ask them”. When a member asked why former players like the Stewart brothers have nothing to do with the club.

Can you guys confirm that.
This woman who is a Johnny Come lately fan (no one saw her back in 2002’when things were bad) seems to have become quite a bully towards other members.
Was it this woman?
20180819_SummerSlam_Ronda-120f6ed673dbe2d60f4dbedffe58865f.jpg

Apparently she''s pretty tough and doesn't hold back at all.:giggle:

Is it also feasible that one reason the Penn’s wouldn’t agree to Maguire’s demand of appointing all staff is that they would be facing payouts for Barrett, Cartwright, Ferris, Randall? Also no Ballin, Menzies etc back in the fold. Simple economics may have come into it. The fact they were chasing Maguire is a positive however if we end up with Cartwright as a transitional measure then so be it. Get the attitude right and the squad is competitive.
Why did Penns re-sign Cartwright, Barrett and Ferris this year?

I think they were re-signed last year, when we were riding high on the ladder and Barrett was being praised by the likes of Gould and the media as "The next great coach". Which made sense at the time...though I suspect that brief moment of success had a lot to do with having Seibold on the books.

They extended Barrett last year when other clubs were sniffing around, they signed up Cartwright for two more years to coincide with Pretty Boy, you know the rest of that story, dont know Ferris's deal

I think they were re-signed last year, when we were riding high on the ladder and Barrett was being praised by the likes of Gould and the media as "The next great coach". Which made sense at the time...though I suspect that brief moment of success had a lot to do with having Seibold on the books.
Seibold was there in 2016, not 2017.

It was 100% this year mate. Mid way through the season, I would assume as a follow up to Barrett’s resource issues.

Because the Council just doesn't have the funds to spend on a total redevelopment, and since the State Gov will NOT put any money into a ground that they don't own, and with virtually no more Federal Gov funding, the only way any of this could be funded is with the sale of the proposed new apartments, however we have been going around in circles with this for nearly fifteen years, so don't hold your breath.

but the private business who leases part of the Park could come up with a plan (maybe kicking the tin being the only feasible long term tenant) that is purely for the redevelopment of the facility (a sports ground), with the Council, that doesn't involve having to rezone and reclassify the land ? For the Council what the tenant wants for their business may not be a priority for how they spend ratepayers money. If it's just about some reinforced concrete for a new stand and improving what is there in partnership with the Council, why should that involve a rezoning and development for units on what is a sports ground ?

I personally like it the way it is. What tv wants shouldn't matter. The mantra of how bad the ground is seems to be from people who have other vested interests. It does what is required. Refurbish the dressing sheds too maybe but personally not interested in a concrete bowl & corporate facilities with units around it - if that's the master plan.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8