Leaders

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
BK has bought to this club leadership and an incredible toughness and work ethic.

Faumuina is a great player, but he lacks character. Sign him for what he brings to us ON the field, by all means, but accept he is not going to be an off field leader.

Who then will be?

Beaver - seems that it is not his go. He is a man of great character, and an excellent example, but seems uncomfortable as a leader of men.

Kite - read Beaver above.

After that the leadership cupboard is fairly bare.

I'm not intending to be doom and gloom, but I think there'd be merit in discussing who will be the leader and tone setter in the club next year in BK's absence.

I'm sure the club has thought about it. What say the silvertails?

I don't know how suited he is but I would think that the ox would be in the club's sights for a leadership role. It wouldn't surprise me if he was captain next year.

You really need a leader in the forwards though. Maybe Kite and Beaver will lead the forwards by example on the field, with ox to be doing the talking off it.

*puts helmet on*

I also think that Monas will want to be in a leadership role somehow. He is a former captain who has leadership aspirations, and I think his attitude has improved dramatically this year, and next year this should hopefully continue, so he might be mature enough to be involved on this front.

Monas might be a leader but he is hardly "inspirational". It's not often the chief playmaker (Orford) is saddled with the extra burden of leadership too.

I would start getting the some of the ex players involved. Get them involved in training. Get them involved in off field activities. Teach the players the traditions of our great club and the respect you have for your club and yourself as a professional athlete. I don't think the person has to be a player now. Some old heads (of course limits would apply) would do some good I feel.

I'd be looking to Orford next year. In the future Travis Burns has the potential to be a leader. A bit of experience,maturity and a need to temper his temper, and i think he could be a good captain in the future.

I think we are talking about two things: One is an on-field leader who will lead by example in a never-say-die attitude and follow my example and we will smash these guys.

The other is a leader who will help to set the boys straight in their private lives and assist in keeping them out of trouble.

A few mentioned will be good on the field (Kite???) but not off the field. The married guys are off with their families/kids for some of the time whilst the other guys are out being lads (as you do!!!)

I think if he continues the improve hes showed this season King play this role.

Off field hes a very intellegent and level headed person.
My critisim of him is that he doesnt fire up enough he plays his very best footy when hes pissed off

Look at the end of 2004 he was on fire

King play this role.

Off field hes a very intellegent and level headed person.
My critisim of him is that he doesnt fire up enough he plays his very best footy when hes pissed off

Look at the end of 2004 he was on fire
I must have been away that day or went to the Canteen for that two minutes.

You can't be serious Cliffy!!!!! You have to be a certain starter first before you become the skipper!!!! 8|

Choc is the only option I can think off, he is keen and trys to get the boys pumped up with big hits, runs and backslaps etc but it does not sit well with me to have him being our main leader for some reason.

Cliffy, gee you have a massive love for King. Is he the only player who listened to your dribble back at the leagues club or do you have some sexual fantasies about him?

Choc put his hand up against Newcastle to come on injured and lift the team as BK limped off, he's got definate 'team-lifting' qualities about him.

The bloke loves this team, has bucketloads of talent and (despite still having his fair share of errors in his game) can pull off the inspirational plays when the team needs it.

ive read a few times from quotes of the players that they consider king a leader

i feel that Kite will step up, its the main difference between him and the webke's of this game at the moment and he seems to be wanting to change this.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2