Leaders

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Ox has done the Job well for the last 2 weeks. He has proven to his team mates that he's a match winner, he's tough and can play injured.

The only choice. For leader and captain

As for King and GC, is this what you mean by love is blind;)

King as captain..lol lol lol lol

well i completely disagree that he is the only viable option for leader and to think that there will only be one is naive. Kite is obviously trying to take over as leader of the pack. I would be very suprised if bell and lyon arnt involved in leadership in the backs as well.

but if you wish to continue to believe that the OX is the only leader then so be it.

I think some people dont realise that to be a leader you dont have to be captain. The title of this thread leaders says it all really

Kite - too nice not inspirational enough. He wont be able to lead through work rate alone! Off the field he wont and does not inspire. We dont need a nice guy

Bell - He isnt a leader, he is just there, anyone can see that. If you think otherwise then you don't know how to spot a leader

Lyon - I dont think so! maybe on the field he might be able to lead but off the field no chance!

Ox has the on and off field qualifications!

Ox is the only Viable option

Ox will be a good captain imo but he is hardly going to lead the forwards, we need someone to step up there as Ox cant do it.

Have a foarwards on field leader...then name Ox as captain. Choc to be forwards motivator...he plays a lot of minutes.

Kite, watmough and monas all offer some leadership and will lead in their own ways and off the field the players have talked about following Kite and King in their interviews but what would they know?

Obvously BK is the whole package but to say that the ox is the only leader is ridiculous

Fluffy for **** sake you must have taken stupid pills today.

I didnt say he is the only Leader I said he is the only viable option there is a massive difference in the two statements.

Having more than one leader will NOT work, never will work and is destined for failure, hence the reason things aren't like that everywhere.

We need a player who can lead on and off the field and inspire the troops. He may not be able to show the forwards how to do it but that isn't a captains job is it?

Now go have a panadol, a lay down and STFU

champ you need to take you comprehension pills - i am not talking about a CAPTAIN, but leaders as the TITLE of this thread states.

Basing things on your logic BK was NOT a leader last year since he WASNT CAPTAIN.

Melbourne have several "leaders" they have a core leadership group of about 5 or 6 players and they share the captaincy around every week... seems to work for them ;)

This will surprise some - I can see where Cliffy is aiming at with King. Sure, he's a **** player, and respect might be a problem, but he would handle the marketing/media role very capably.

Who was that useless captain the poms had in the 1970s? Willey? Or Mark Taylor for the Aussies in the 1990s - not there for their form or play, but for their leadership.

Who was that useless captain the poms had in the 1970s? Willey? Or Mark Taylor for the Aussies in the 1990s - not there for their form or play, but for their leadership.

Mike Brearley?

This will surprise some - I can see where Cliffy is aiming at with King. Sure, he's a **** player, and respect might be a problem, but he would handle the marketing/media role very capably.

Sure,,,but in my view we dont need a statesman or a mouthpiece so Kings alleged intelligence isnt required.

We simply need a motivator who inspires through action.

It isnt easy to picture when you run over the team without BK in it.

I can only come up with Monaghan for onfield motivator/leader and Orford for (c) with Kite a vice/deputy in both areas.

[quote author=Matabele]

Mike Brearley?

[/quote]

That's the one.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7