Lawton a gun

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’m OK with the send off as it was the driving action once he went past horizontal that removed any doubt. Lawton would be very down on himself but thats a lesson for him and unfortunately our depleted forward stocks took another hit as he’ll be out for a few weeks.

Glad Cam Murray didn’t end up in a much worse situation.

10 minutes was absolutely on the cards - I still struggle with the send off, and the virtue signalling about Alex is beyond reason.

I saw a player snap the neck back with a reckless tackle last week and nothing more than a "thanks for playing for Uncle Nick" from our enforcers of law and reason. I am baffled

Not deliberate, no malice, but I’m ok with that been a send off. It cruelled our chances but that has to be stamped out of the game. Even though it’s an Accident, you can’t take the risk of tackling like that, he will get 3-5 weeks I’d say

In fact if THAT was a send off and the officials are consistent- there will be another 25 send offs in 2022
But guess what , I doubt you will see another send off this season.
Agree, but they aren't consistent.
The sin bin is there as a punishment and put on report unless it's clear cut foul play in my opinion.
Hook's comment last week referencing Magic Round was gold...and so true.

Some get 10 in the bin, some on report, some get both.
Being sent so early one could argue that Lawton has already served one match of whatever suspension comes his way but they won't take that into account.

Will be interesting what the charge will be - to deem it reckless would be harsh imo as that is how you're meant to tackle, someone else joins in the tackle and the commentators would be waxing lyrical about his great from on technique, I'm not sure what he's meant to do in a high impact sport, yes accidents happen.

70mins served that cost us any chance plus two more l think is fair but please don't make an example of him, there's plenty of grub acts every week that go unpunished....it's not his go.

The good thing is Murray wasn't hurt, it was pretty dangerous. I recall T Rex doing a cartwheel type tackle years ago and I was worried he'd killed the guy.
Interesting that some think the send off was harsh. when it occurred I was thinking bin at least, but when he got sent I couldn't really blame them.
No malice in it, and hopefully Karl isn't suspended for too long, he is a good player (and a clean player!)

That wasn’t a send off.. 1 on 1, momentum took him over, dangerous for sure, but accidental.. there was no arm between the leg lifting him, it was a simple tackle gone wrong .. that has never been a send off..
Im not one to blame refs for a loss but tonight, they absolutely gift wrapped the game to the bunnies and it started with that utterly pathetic call
Yeah, that's the way I saw it. Seen in slow motion it looks 10 times worse. It's what I call a windmill type tackle where his leaning forward a touch then goes through to complete the tackle with the weight and momentum of the tackled player naturally goes towards the ground. Really feel for Karl, tackle gone wrong for mine. Smith on Fox actually defended Lawton and said should of been a sin binning only.

Agree, but they aren't consistent.
The sin bin is there as a punishment and put on report unless it's clear cut foul play in my opinion.
Hook's comment last week referencing Magic Round was gold...and so true.

Some get 10 in the bin, some on report, some get both.
Being sent so early one could argue that Lawton has already served one match of whatever suspension comes his way but they won't take that into account.

Will be interesting what the charge will be - to deem it reckless would be harsh imo as that is how you're meant to tackle, someone else joins in the tackle and the commentators would be waxing lyrical about his great from on technique, I'm not sure what he's meant to do in a high impact sport, yes accidents happen.

70mins served that cost us any chance plus two more l think is fair but please don't make an example of him, there's plenty of grub acts every week that go unpunished....it's not his go.
I watched it again in normal speed, these sort of tackles are virtually made in the blink of an eye. With the tackler committed to the tackle, with weight momentum virtually impossible to stop.

Feel bad for him, no malice in, a tackle gone completely wrong but still very dangerous. Murray very lucky. As soon as Lawton's feet leaves the ground it gets really scary. He will probably cop 4 weeks, quite a bit of a loss, don't know who can be dummy half relief for crocker.

This hurts to say, credit to the Souths players not running in start a push/shove bitch slapping melee unlike the panthers and raiders. Probably helped Manly to keep focus and show what they can do.
Yeah l thought that too.
So did they not think it was too bad or malicious then?

I’m sick of seeing people try and compare it to the Alex McKinnon tackle, not even close to being in the same ballpark

743C3370-995F-4DEE-A50C-C3BE8C3BDEC5.jpeg

86D9E15E-A91A-4788-9B8A-B012C7D1E79C.jpeg

Brace yourselves folks and prepare for the media pile-on on Lawton, it started from last night and ends Wednesday for a post discussion and final wrap up.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8