Lawton a gun

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I may be old fashioned, but didn't think it was an aggressive driving spear tackle....more landed on the shoulder and maybe 10m in the bin as past horizontal...at worst.
The fact we had 12 men and officials made sure we only had 30% of possession was frustrating....early on they were allowed to lay on Manly first 3 sets which set the precedent and when the winger Mansour knocked it down when Manly were off to score and he ran 60m no questions asked I was at WTF mentality
Anyway will make a late run and showed spirit which is a good thing and at full strength see a roll on soon

Blame nrl. That was not a send off, ever
Well, it was tonight.

Look, the commentators have piled on calling for Lawton's head, but it was a good tackle that went wrong - trying to stop a player quickly close to the line. Can't say he ever intended to hurt the player.

It was not a send off but he did it to himself by diving in after him once he had flipped rather than waiting til he hit the ground...
Over-reaction by the muppets after tupou last week... its never Roosters, storm or Riff that get the terrible send-offs or bins...

Unfortunate but I don't think it could be handled any better, he drove Murray into the ground and it was a clear send off but clearly wasn't malicious. Going off previous incidents I'm guessing 3 weeks.

Well, it was tonight.

Look, the commentators have piled on calling for Lawton's head, but it was a good tackle that went wrong - trying to stop a player quickly close to the line. Can't say he ever intended to hurt the player.
Well, tomorrow it will probably be described in the headlines as a spear tackle... and will likely be referred straight to the judiciary accordingly

Unfortunately when the tackled player goes above the horizontal then you're really at the mercy of the officials. Fortunately there was no injury but he'll be out for quite a few weeks.

Based on current form he'll get his spot back when he's next available.

I think Lawton going off his feet and following through with the tackle was more of a balance issue. I think he had over-balanced when the player's legs lifted and he couldn't halt the follow through. Nevertheless, it was dangerous and I understand the NRL wanting to be tough on those sorts of tackles. The inconsistency though is a killer.

That wasn’t a send off.. 1 on 1, momentum took him over, dangerous for sure, but accidental.. there was no arm between the leg lifting him, it was a simple tackle gone wrong .. that has never been a send off..
Im not one to blame refs for a loss but tonight, they absolutely gift wrapped the game to the bunnies and it started with that utterly pathetic call

I said
I would be fine for that to be a send off if it was consistently applied across the NRL…but who am I kidding when it comes to consistency
That's the thing I would be fine if Lawton gets binned but I have seen way way worse tackles this year not even been sent to the bin for 10.

As you said the inconsistencies are what drives us mad.

Lawton probably will get 6 weeks for that, I said earlier on 3 weeks but now thinking it over the nrl will make a example out of lawton.

Last edited:
That wasn’t a send off.. 1 on 1, momentum took him over, dangerous for sure, but accidental.. there was no arm between the leg lifting him, it was a simple tackle gone wrong .. that has never been a send off..
Im not one to blame refs for a loss but tonight, they absolutely gift wrapped the game to the bunnies and it started with that utterly pathetic call
Since McKinnons injury those types of tackles are send offs every day of the week. Lifted him above the horizontal and drove him. Was clear cut for mine. I don’t think it was malicious but it wasn’t pretty. I was ok with it as was all the manly fans I watched the game with. I have an 11yr old son that plays footy and if that occurs in kids footy it can be catastrophic.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4